FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

I can not be receive gba files.
Please send ups.

Please write an error message.
Does it fail without displaying any errors message?

If you get any error message, please write that message.

Yo does anyone know why i canā€™t edit charactersā€™ stats on FEBuilder? I changed and saved them on it but when I got in game, they were still the sameā€¦ I also use codebreaker FYI.

Whenever I try to install the ā€œConvert Chapter Titles to Textā€ patch, I get this really long error message.

I think your EA Png2Dmp is broken.
Please download the EA again.

What did you change and how?
Please explain in more detail.

There is too little information to answer.

After the most recent update, the error below has appeared in my personal ROM hack. From testing, the mod doesnā€™t seem to be broken in any way. What has gone wrong? What does this error mean and what needs to be done to fix it? Clicking on the error simply takes you to the error report system, however, I have no idea what is wrong? It sounds pretty badā€¦

If it helps here is the UPS patch for the ROM - it was built on FE8(US)

A few other minor things Iā€™ve noticed - Iā€™m not sure if these issues occurred with the most recent update or a previous update.
First, FE_Builder_GBA doesnā€™t list the Pegasus footstep sounds in the English version of FE8; the US pointer is set to appear in the Japanese version of the game.
Sound%20BUg

Secondly, in the English translation patch of FE6, two correctly sized text strings are considered too long by the editor.
Text%20Bug

At the top of the ROM is the Nintendo logo.
If you corrupt this area, no$gba debugger will display an error.
Therefore, I check this area.

Since writing a logo in the source code will lead to trademark infringement, we check with CRC32.

Compare with the header of the genuine ROM.
Compare the contents of the top 0xA0 of the ROM.
Your ROM should be different.

If you are not sure, please send report7z.

1 Like

First, FE_Builder_GBA doesnā€™t list the Pegasus footstep sounds in the English version of FE8; the US pointer is set to appear in the Japanese version of the game.

This is a bug, so fix it.
Thank you for the information.

Since I corrected it, please update.

Secondly, in the English translation patch of FE6, two correctly sized text strings are considered too long by the editor.

Is this text correctly displayed in the game?

Because battle conversation (or Death Quote) is displayed next to portraits, the available length is shorter than usual.
So I check the length of these strings.

If it shows correctly in the game, the warning is wrong.
In that case,I correct it.

However, if it do not see it correctly during the game, the warning is correct and the data is incorrect.

I want to see the text in the game as I want to determine which one.
Please send me a screenshot of the scene where the text was displayed in the game.

amd there was no error i always do save if no error

Hey how are you?
Screaming F words does not solve the problem.

Please send ups.
If you can not do that, I can not help you.

29 Likes

I updated SkillSystems.

NAME=Skill SkillSystems 20190324 (ć‚¹ć‚­ćƒ«ę‹”å¼µ)
NAME.en=Skill SkillSystems 20190324
NAME.zh=ęŠ€čƒ½SkillSystems20190324ļ¼ˆęŠ€čƒ½ę‰©å±•ļ¼‰

Be sure to back up your system when updating SkillSystem.
If you have problems, please send report7z.

4 Likes

After everything that youā€™ve contributed to our community, you donā€™t deserve to be yelled at like that. Kudos to you for handling that situation with grace.

21 Likes

A reminder to everyone that, with a few exceptions, the people who put hours into this community are volunteers. Verbal abuse is not the right way to get your point across.

18 Likes

Hey, I donā€™t know if it the SkillSystem or a mistake of importing the patch on FeBuilder, but the text of three Skills doesnā€™t match with their effect and icon(Effect and Icon match though).
Vantage+ is in fact Solidarity
Solidarity is Hawkeye
Hawkeye is Vantage+
Itā€™s not a very big deal, it can be solve easily by just changing the text, but it could be a little confusing if we donā€™t know that.

Hello a question, I need the staff patch that uses weapon might to heal, I have repointed the Item table, but it says you should apply the patch before repointing the table. Any advice? My best guess is to try with a clean room and see the changes, then paste those changes to my main rom.

Also, does it conflict with Staff range patch from Tequila?
EDIT:
I used DS Style Healing instead, so No worries

Vantage+ is in fact Solidarity
Solidarity is Hawkeye
Hawkeye is Vantage+

Thank you for information.
It seems that the previous version is also wrong.
I think that I was always wrong from the beginning.

First of all, I fix it to the correct data.
Updating FEBuilderGBA and re-installing SkillSystems will fix it.

If you want to repair without re-install, please change the TextID in Skill setting.

1 Like

Correctly written patches do not depend on the position of the item table.
Thatā€™s because there is a function to get the item table.
GetROMItemStructPtr Function

Patches using this function do not depend on the position of the item table.

However, old patches and some patches unfortunately depend on the location of the item table being defined.
For such patches, FEBuilderGBA automatically defines the item table location and passes it to the EA when executing the EA.
Therefore, even patches that depend on the position of the item table will work to some extent.

sb.AppendLine("#define ItemImage "
    + U.To0xHexString(Program.ROM.p32(Program.ROM.RomInfo.icon_pointer())));
sb.AppendLine("#define ItemPalette "
    + U.To0xHexString(Program.ROM.p32(Program.ROM.RomInfo.icon_palette_pointer())));
sb.AppendLine("#define ItemTable "
    + U.To0xHexString(Program.ROM.p32(Program.ROM.RomInfo.item_pointer())));
sb.AppendLine("#define TextTable "
    + U.To0xHexString(Program.ROM.p32(Program.ROM.RomInfo.text_pointer())));
sb.AppendLine("#define PortraitTable "
    + U.To0xHexString(Program.ROM.p32(Program.ROM.RomInfo.face_pointer())));
UnitActionPointerForm.SupportActionRework(sb);

The problem is that the method for specifying the position of the item table is not standardized.
For example, ā€œItemTableā€ is fine, but ā€œItem_Tableā€ is not working.
Other special designations and those whose address is written by direct value do not work.

Therefore, it is impossible to judge how the patch is written or not seeing the implementation.

In the Event Editor Adv when iā€™m creating a new event how do i know what address to set. I asking because I miss counted the events i needed an rather than add them Iā€™ll just use Call event but i donā€™t know the address for the new event. Its blank so i can only assume i have to make it myself but how do I know which ones arenā€™t used?

In event conditions, if the address of the event is 0, a new button is displayed.
Normal events script are called from event conditions.
Therefore, it can be created from the event condition.

1 Like