FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Hmm I will consider that. Does installing a custom build erase all the edits I made to the skill system already?

As far as I know, yes.

Anyone else have a problem with the “stat bar max length” patch after updating skill systems? I used to not have this problem but after updating I noticed that the luck stat bar length is not affected (all other stats’ bar lengths adjust fine). I found an old post from a while back with this same issue. The bar looks like https://feuniverse.us/uploads/default/original/3X/b/e/be9924506c915c79cf9737662c7e3106bb85f4ce.jpeg

Yes, I will bump it to answer a question from 12 hours ago.

That happens because the luck stat bar has its own patch to set it. If you haven’t installed a patch that changes it per class, this should be it:

I should have clarified. I have used to “Change maximum luck cap” patch to change max luck to 50. The actual stat goes up to 50 but the bar for luck only goes to 30. All other stats/bars are working fine. I did not have this issue until updating skill systems recently.

Edit: I tried installing the latest version of skill system to vanilla, then adjusted the luck cap and bar length. The issue persisted.

Report7z: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hnbwDp5n6HJP1hUgNQ-nLuwVrhR61a7A/view?usp=sharing

Hello. I’ve been having a problem with my ROM ever since I installed the latest version of SkillSystems (and reinstalled Ex Modular Save since FEBuilder told me there was a problem and that it might need to be reinstalled). Every time I open the unit menu, the game resets back to the title screen. I also can’t initiate attacks without the game freezing. Something seems to be wrong with the item/unit display screen in some way. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong and how I can fix it?

Whenever the unit menu is brought up, the game automatically resets back to the title screen. This has happened ever since I installed the latest version of SkillSystems and Ex Modular Save, as the ROM reported a problem with the latter and that it might need to be reinstalled.

You are not following the rules and cannot update SkillSystems.

First, I think you are using the wrong method to update SkillSystems.
The correct way is to “select the SkillSystems 20201128 you have installed and press the Update button”.
Since you didn’t do that, you didn’t completely uninstall the old SkillSystems and the old routines are still in ROM and not working properly.
If you update SkillSystems the right way, using the “ProjectLehranStrategyRebuild.backup.20220924142031.gba.ups” from a while back you made a mistake, it will work properly.
I am attaching the ups for proof.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/1023407902922387467/ProjectLehranStrategyRebuild.backup.20220924142031.gba.PATCH.20220925103508.7z

However, you are ignoring the text assignment rules.
TextID 0x0E00-0x1000 is reserved for SkillSystems.
I think You saw that warning in TextEditor, but you ignored it.
For example, Unit 0x2F is named 0xF9C, which is a violation of the assignment rules.
There are 12 corruptions, even as far as FELint was able to automatically check.
In fact, I think there are more.
Unless you assign these strings to a different TextID, this ROM will not work properly.

I think this is because the luck parameter is set separately from vanilla in SkillSystems.

@dancer_A

Can you get rid of this warning?

https://feuniverse.us/uploads/default/original/3X/3/4/348a02471d905b15d3b9d3e841982cc73a4a1773.png

Ah, I see. I patched a new ROM using the UPS you attached, re-installed the version of SkillSystems I previously had, updated it and it seems to have worked out. I can access the unit screen and attack just fine. Thank you very much!

Is there any fix for this? Or a place to report the bug?

May I ask if this is normal? I tried messing around with the spell system and somehow the enemy mages don’t seem to initiate battle.
Screen-Recording-25-09-2022-9-10-40-pm (online-video-cutter.com)
p2 (online-video-cutter.com)

Thanks!

What AI did you set them as?
There is an AI setting that will move up to you then wait.

This is the mage’s AI

I believe I’ve had that same problem with the move towards Eirika setting before.

Try adjusting it to move towards enemy or something else and see if that works.

1 Like

it still does it. However, if I give him the item “Fire” he attacks. I guess the just can’t figure out how to use the gaiden spells

Enemies and NPCs can’t use gaiden spells to attack. You have to give them weapons manually.

They can counterattack with their first available gaiden magic spell if they don’t have any usable weapons equipped however.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

There is no way to do this at the moment.
I little busy and would like to address this after October.

That’s fine, thanks!