FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

For GOTO_IFCL, the overall event that occurs in any chapter when someone dies in Lyn mode has many inconsistent oddities immediately after the GOTO_IFCL code. The event address is CC0928. The same oddities can be seen in the Eliwood/Hector chapter endings at the event address CC0C14.

For GOTO_IFNUF, the event in chapter 0x25 (Battle Before Dawn) where Harken and Karel greet the player tactician shows non-event Word values after the GOTO_IFNUF. It also lists the character ID as 0. The event address is CBA1E0.

I noticed this because l use Event Assembler for my eventing. When l inject my events, the two codes behave as expected, but they appear oddly in FEBuilder.

3 Likes

Thanks.
It fixed it in the latest version.

3 Likes

Hello, I have a quick question.
How to add the regalia shine effect in custom weapon ?
Uploading: Screenshot_20210718-044543.jpg…

1 Like

If using FE8, use the “simple setting of sacred weapon 2” patch.

2 Likes

Thanks !

The etc tab in Debugger has become a little more convenient.

1. Added support conversation icon.

1. You can now rewrite it by double-clicking the item Numupdown Control.

4 Likes

The Terrain BG Table and the Terrain Floor Table in FE7 appears to list the background sets incorrectly. Numbers 0x6, 0xA, 0xB, and 0xC cannot be selected, but they are valid and used in the vanilla game. And starting at 0x7, the terrain editors do not match the chosen background set. This ultimately means 0xA, 0xB, 0xC, 0xD, and 0xE cannot be viewed or edited. However, the chapter editor is always correct. The maps that use these unlisted background sets are 0x15, 0x1C, 0x1E, 0x1A, and 0x1B.
It seems like the data is still in order, so the terrain editors just need to be extended by four entries and have the combobox renumbered/renamed.

Also, there is another, separate issue with the Terrain Floor editor. The floors start at 1 when selecting a floor, but when editing the graphics of floors, they start at 0. This causes a desync of information when editing terrain floors. With 1 selected, you will see the plains, but when you go to the graphics editor the caves floor is shown instead. The enumerator for the “Battle Platforms” graphics editor may need to be offset by +1.

1 Like

Fixed in the latest version.

1 Like

Can’t add font, how to fix it?

You can start by sending us a report7z.

At the very least, it doesn’t happen with vanilla ROMs, so your ROM is probably broken or you’ve installed a weird patch.
As for EA, you can configure it in the Init Setup Wizard.
I believe the screen to set it up appeared when you first started, did you close the window?

1 Like

Not an error report. I’d just like to ask how to set thief escape points with this tool. I havent been able to find this information anywhere else.

In the chapter editor, right at the bottom there is a ‘Edit Escape Point’. Click it and it’ll bring up the thief escape point editor. There you can create as many as you’d like, as well as which direction the thief appears to escape in. Hope that helps.

Hello! I’m back here after a few months since I’ve stumbled into some issues
I put them in the report, but I’ll summarize the three issues I’m having here

1. When starting a new map I put in “Bern Keep 2” the game crashes when beginning the map. I’m thinking this may be because of it being put over Meklan Coast, but I removed all info of it being a monster skirmish location. However it still thinks its a monster skirmish since the goal of the map is different than the one I put (I put defeat boss but it says defeat enemy)
  2. I had put new unit flags on both Bern Keep 2 and Bern Keep 1 where Guinivere and Roy join you respectively. However when completing either map, nothing happens and you move on to the next map or complete the dungeon.
  3. How do I make either Bern Keep maps have the inability to save and grant you the ability to retreat (similar to either dungeons)?

Of course, here’s the 7z report.

It’s a hassle to explain, but to put it simply, it’s in world map skirmish mode.
And this map does not have a world map skirmish setting, which is the cause of the crash.
In world map skirmish, there are three starting positions for the Player, and the starting position is randomly determined from among them.
In this ROM, it is set to 0.
Therefore, the ROM interprets 0 as a pointer and hangs up, which is the cause of the crash.

Once you know the cause, the solution is simple.
In this case, do not enter the world map skirmish mode.

There are many ways to kill a world map skirmish.
There are many ways to kill world map skirmishes, and any way is fine, but since you are leaving an existing map, monsters will appear on the world map.
So, instead of erasing them completely, we would like to erase just this map.

In the “Advanced” menu, there is a setting called “Map Loding Process” that allows you to do this.
Change the setting for this map to 0x80BD1E4.
This will solve the crashing problem.

FESS-OiramTime(Testing).emulator

The following patch may be available for Save.

NAME.en=Saving in the Tower and Ruins
COMBO.en=Saveable|ONN|Default: Can not save|OFF
AUTHOR=circleseverywhere https://feuniverse.us/t/fe8-saving-in-the-tower-of-valni-and-lagdou-ruins/1266

There is no patch for retreat.
Disabling retreat is often done, but there is no demand for more retreatable maps.
If you really want to do that, please modify the ASM for 8024CCC RetreatCommandUsability yourself.

Sorry about the late reply, but thank you for resolving some of my issues
However I still have one left with it involving extra unit appearances (similar to Orson, Lyon and the others you can get from doing the tower/ruins)
I copied all references of extra unit appearances and used different flags (temporary flag 27 & 28 since they aren’t used) and set them at the end event for both Bern Keep maps.
However when completing either one, the flags didn’t go off.
How would I go about fixing this?

If all you want to do is have a companion join when you complete a stage, you don’t need to use the extra unit mechanism.
Just use the EndEvent of that chapter to make that unit join with LOAD1.
In the case of LOAD1, if the unit is already there, the subscription will be rejected.

The Extra Unit needs a global flag.
You can’t use the local flag, because it will disappear when you clear the stage.
This is because they will join in the next stage’s preparation screen.

The global flag refers to any flag that is 0x65 or higher.

However, even after I fixed it to global flag, they only joined up to Guinivere.
Roy does not join.
Maybe there is some limitation in Extra Unit.

If that is the case, it would be safer to use the LOAD1 instruction in EndEvent to make him join the party.

Also, I think the chapter titles not showing up on the save screen is a bug in the “Convert Chapter Titles to Text” patch.
3. Convert Chapter Titles to Text_ver2.1 Support Lat1

There are three versions of this patch, and they all have the same problem.
"During Create Campaign, chapter titles are not displayed.
In your work, since you are using vanilla as is, I think one of the methods is to UNINSTALL this patch.

In vanilla, when using “Create Campaign”, all chapters appear in the save slot as “Create Campaign”,
and since almost no one uses “Create Campaign”, I guess no one noticed this problem.
2. Convert Chapter Titles to Text_ver2

Thanks again, heck.
There’s actually one final question I just realized
so pretty much I’m wanting to replace maps in game and noticed I ran out of slots
That is until I noticed how the final Valni Tower map is in the list of maps 3 times (2B, 2C & 2D). However when I replace one of the three with a different map, all three are replaced. Which leads me to believe they’re all under one code for the map.
Is there a way to somehow separate them?

Are you separating PLISTs?

If you want to separate the maps, you will need to assign at least one new PLIST in red box A.
If you want to create an event on that map, you also need to assign a new PLIST in green box B.
If you want to create a TileChange, you also need to assign a new PLIST in yellow box C.
You can read more about PLIST in the help.
http://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:how_to_change_tile_style_en&s[]=plist#plist_correlation_diagram

so I’ve been attempting to separate the PLISTs
but everytime I try to, I result with a numerous amount of errors for all three (over 90000 for Tower of Valni 8!).
Am I perhaps doing it wrong?
Here’s the 7z file with both maps in