FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

For FE7, You need Install Tutorial Disabler patch.

Menu->Tools->Patch
and Search “Tutorial Disabler”

NAME.en=Tutorial Disabler
INFO.en=Set whether to disable all tutorial events (including on Easy difficulty)

However, most patches are built around FE8, so I recommend targeting FE8 if possible.
With FE8, the unit can use up to 255 by default.

Isn’t there a way to correct it without disabling the tutorial?

Been trying to use passive stat boost items and they worked perfectly fine without a patch by checking the third row bottom “??” box.

However I’m not sure if it’s a bug, but the skills I assign to them don’t unless I equip them?

Hi,

So in recent patches there have been conflicts between skill systems and other patches I used to put on my mods, namely passive boosts and base stats on promotion/reclass. Is there a way to correct that? Because it’s very handy to have passive boosts and to get promotion bonuses depending on bases rather than flat bonuses, since this completely breaks class path balance (like wyvern gaining more out of speed and skill than strength and def while pegasi gain far more from str and def than they do from speed).

With passive boosts I like to make stat boosters passive booster items, so that I can pass them between units whenever one needs one stat or another, but including stat penalties, in example I like to make a SOV version of the dragonshield so an unit can tank but won’t double attack, makes it easier to train underlevelled units, and it’s also a way to make Laguz-like units who can either attack with a normal weapon and get half the stone effects (for 1-2 range, or other practical things, it allows them to have a limited number of attacks with their stone but still be useful when it’s not equipped, unlike GBA Manaketes and Laguz who completely loose their stats upon unshifting).

Said this up but Passive Boosts are still just there, they’re just not named but still on the third row bottom corner & working even without a patch. However skills unfortunately don’t work passively, only when equipped.

This is an issue with FEBuilderGBA’s mod about Passive Booster.
FEBuilderGBA has a mod feature that changes the screen when certain patches are installed.
Passive Booster was not bundled with SkillSystems until 2-3 years ago.
So we had to enable these displays in the mods.

However, this mechanism causes a problem if you install SkillSystems, which FEBuilderGBA doesn’t know about.

I’ve enabled Passive Booster to be displayed in the latest version, without the mod.
If SkillSystems is installed, I made it show Passive Booster, unconditionally, if SkillSystems is installed.
This may confuse users who are using the old SkillSystems 2-3 years ago, but I think it’s a better way.

Are you talking about the Growth_Mod patch?
Unfortunately, this patch is no longer available for the new SkillSystems.

That is almost impossible.
It may work if you manually erase the instructions executed in the tutorial, but it will be a tedious task.

Then I would have to delete the step-by-step tutorial and that would help?

In FE7J,the “magic and melee fix” patch seems to act bad.
For any units in the game, only the melee weapon ranks could be checked. Even for mages that can only use tomes, it displays STR and weapon ranks of sword,lance,axe and bow. The ranks of tomes and stuffs are impossible to check.
In FE6, after installing the magic and melee fix patch,the weapon ranks displayed is up to the weapon you equip, so it was OK because you can still check the tome ranks by equipping tomes or other magical weapons.But in FE7J, tome or stuff ranks can never be checked.
Also, this is solved in FE7U by"dislay all weapon ranks"patch, but I didn’t find similar patch for FE7J.
Is there any solution for this? I mean any way to make tome&stuff weapon ranks avaliable to check and fixing the magic and melee animation problem at the same time.
Thanks!

There aren’t too many patches for FE7J.
Basically, the main patches are for FE8J or FE8U.

FE7U is the first FE released in an English-speaking country, so it has been researched by a lot of people.
However, in the case of FE7J, not as much research has been done on it.
JPHackers have focused their resources on FE8J.
FE8 is the last FE released in the GBA, so it is well researched.

get it thx:)
I’ll try other way

If you are able to legally allowed to say what rom you used for running fe builder that would be great I have been trying to make it work with the rom I have but it wont. The rom works fine with my emulator but not when I put it into fe builder. If you can help that would be great. I am new to the fire emblem hacking community and I would really appreciate the help.

FEBuilder only works for the japanese and american versions of FE6, FE7, and FE8.
European versions (The ones that have multilingual options) don’t work with FEBuilder

1 Like

where can I find those versions then.

I don’t know I have the same question chief. If you found when could you message me please.

Do not ask for or distribute ROMs (or even methods of obtaining them) on this website.

1 Like

Hi,
I was rather talking about “Base stats based bonuses on reclass” or something like that. For passive bonuses it’s sad but I can work around it I’ll try if the button works without the mod like you told me so I can still make dragonshield (I really love this kind of items). Maybe I’ll make a weapon that has 25 Wt and high damage so I can team up this weapon and the dragonshield for 0 speed/0 strength/20 damage ignoring defenses, that’s be interesting to train units or just have the tank FE has always wanted to have.

how would you create a new sound track from an empty track?

You create a soundtrack by importing S files and midi files.
FEBuilderGBA does not have the ability to edit Tracks.
It’s the job of an audio sequencer.

The role of FEBuilderGBA is to insert the specified music into ROM.
FEBuilderGBA can change the instrument and change the volume, but not otherwise.

1 Like