FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Those two, so I should only use the one you selected?

I’m worried I want you to check.
Which patch is working properly?

A. The aera patch is working properly. The Circle patch is not working.
B. The aera patch is not working. The Circle patch is working properly.
C. Both are not working.
D. Both are working.

Which is your claim?
Support takes a long time to check, so your information is essential.

I remove patches that do not work.
To do that, I need your help.

I just updated in April.
Updating the skill system takes time, so I do not want to do it frequently.
I want to do it at the end of June or July.

I understand, that makes sense. Thanks for the quick response!

I have a question about the max level of units/classes. Because I have classes with no promotions, I want them to be able to reach level 40.

Both the “Level Cap Editor (Per Class - Requires Skill System Patch)” patch and the “Default Max Level” patch seem to work just fine, but only up to a level of 31. I know that the second patch does raise the level cap of all units, so while it wouldn’t solve my specific problem, I wanted to test it regardless. The Unit Placer of FE Builder also does not let me give a unit a level higher than 31. I am assuming this is because the level cap is hardcoded or something like that?

While stats above 31 do work fine with the appropriate patches, the same does not seem to apply to levels above 31, even with patches.

So my question is basically this: Is it possible to have a class with a max level higher than 31 (ideally 40)?

Oh, and since the “Stat Bar Max Length” patch conflicts with the Skill System, I wanted to ask if there is a way to make them compatible? Or if that’s not possible, is there a way to remove the stat bar altogether? The second option may not be ideal, but I could live with it.

I would really appreciate any help with these things.

The level is expressed by 5 bits, so it can only be expressed up to “2^5 => 32-1 = 31”.

You need to change the format of save data to do more than this.
There is no existing save data extension that supports 6 bits of level.
Therefore, Lv is 31 as the upper limit.

If you really want to use Lv40, you have to extend the save data format yourself.

And extending save data is very hard and not realistic.

As an alternative, I recommend the 3 stage, Promotion.
Then you will be able to realize “Lv20 * 3 = Lv60, or Lv31 * 3 = Lv93”

With this method, it is not necessary to change save data because it operates within the rules of the existing game.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response and your explanation!
So it’s not trivial… I see. In that case I will try to do it differently.
And thank you for your hard work with FE Builder @7743.

Circles patch do not work at all, it does not let us get any supports and it seems that aera’s patch does nothing. They should let us increase the max support

I’m not sure about it, but I think the circles patch should come with a menu to change the number of supports you want. Still I could not figure out how to make it work using event assembler either

Both implementations do not work correctly.
understood.

So, do you know the implementation that works correctly?
Since the Aera implementation works correctly in FE8J, there may be FE8U specific issues.

I have FEbuilder fully updated and The “Check the flags used in the chapter.” button does nothing. Also, the “Specified Item attacks 1x Per Combat” patch appears to be VERY buggy. When I tried to change the weapon it specified the game froze. I noticed that its possible to write the “Define Multiple Item Attacks 1x Per Combat (Installer)” patch but afterwords the patch says that it conflicts with skill systems. Is there anyway to use either patch so that the game doesn’t freeze? Here is the report:

Ok, now I double checked by myself, aera patch does work, but Circles patch does stall when you are about to support. I have an old circles patch that kinda worked…not sure if it is useful, I don’t think so. The issue with aera patch was actually a betatester that did not do it’s job correctly, now I checked by myself and looks like it works

“Define Multiple Item Attacks 1x Per Combat” conflicts with SkillSystems.
You have SkillSystems installed , so you can not use it at the same time.

I forgot to mark the CONFLICT.
I will put a mark later.

Does the patch on aera work correctly?
Or does not both work properly?

Only aera work correctly, circles patch causes game to stall, but I have a lot of other patches in, so maybe that might be the issue.

Is it possible to translate the UI of FE_Builder_GBA into different languages?

I see. I will remove the Circle’s patch in next Update.

FEBuilderGBA\config\translate\en.txt

This is a translation resource for English.
Translate this into another language.

When editing, please be careful not to overwrite with the update of FEBuilderGBA.

When complete, please send to me.
I will register the language anew.

Thank you

I assigned names to data based on FlamingZelda’s work.

Some names are too long.
Are there any better abbreviations?

00=PrioritizeDamage(Accuracy)
08=PrioritizeDamage(Standard)
10=PrioritizeDamage(Max)
18=?
20=PrioritizeAccuracy
28=Archers

One last question about the patch you highlight, What does that do exactly? What happens if I put a 20 or a 15 there? Could they get 5 level A supports?Would each character get more supports per game? Instead of just 5?