FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

0x10
Changes behavior during the battle. It is defensive when HP > 20 and at the end of the battle. It is aggressive when HP < 20 and at the beginning of the battle. This is a complicated behavior. Jaffar is one of the only units in GBAFE which uses this targeting AI. You could instead name it Reckless or Complicated or Unpredictable

0x18
Is very defensive. It tries to stay near allies and aims to damage units with low HP. This makes it good for a support attacking unit like a Mage, Archer, or Cavalry. You could instead name this one Defensive.

The challenge with finding good names is that we are summarizing a group of behaviors into 1 word.
For example, 0x08 is like 0x20 except it will prioritize units with low HP and staying near allies.

I am having difficulty finding easy to understand, accurate names.

1 Like

(Please forgive the doublepost.)

To try to put it into the name system you have. I guess that would be

00=PrioritizePosition
08=PrioritizeLowHP
10=Reckless(FE7Jaffar)
18=PrioritizeDefense
20=PrioritizeDamage/Accuracy
28=Archers
30=?
38=?

I hope these names can work.

Edit: 0x20 could instead be 20=PrioritizeAccuracy if the name above is too long.

1 Like

Thanks.
I have adapted it.

2 Likes

Hello. Where can I go to learn how to make a Custom Build for SkillSystems? I’m currently a beginner and I wish to no longer be a beginner.

What do you want to do with custom builds?

Can you write EA and ASM?
If you can’t write EA and ASM, you should not do custom build.
If you don’t know what you are doing, you shouldn’t do a custom build, as stated on the page to download the source code for custom builds.
It will usually either destroy the ROM or waste your time.

To perform a custom build of the skill systems patch, you’re gonna need to learn EA/asm. there are plenty of tutorials on FEU that can get you started. You can search up this tutorial The Skill System and You: Maximizing Your Usage of FE8's Most Prolific Bundle of Wizardry is specific to the skill system

Hi, im having an issue with skill system in FebuilderGBA where Seth and the summoned phantom class share skills. idk how to fix it. Like, if i change one, the other changes with it.

The first step is to send report7z.

Okay I did.

Hi,
I’m having trouble with Chapter 5. It used to work but does not any more. It has been a while since I’ve tested this map and I assume I’ve installed a conflicting patch which has caused these issues – I just don’t recall which one.

I know Chapter 5 can be difficult due to all the restrictions placed on it in the base game.

The issues are:
Map loads with glitched graphics
Units become invisible
Can’t scroll and move the camera

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated. If it can’t be fixed I’ll have to move the level to a different chapter ID.

Report7z:

Thank you.

Chapter 5 “Thee Houses”

Map loads with glitched graphics
Units become invisible
Can’t scroll and move the camera

You forgot to erase the background.
This is a typical symptom of forgetting to erase the background.

Haha, well that’s embarrassing. Quick and easy fix. Thank you!

Hello! I am having some issues with a non-thief unit and giving them “thief skills.” This unit has the “thief skills” box checked and whenever they approach a door or chest, they have the “door” option appear, even if they do not have a lockpick or key. Choosing the “door” option does nothing and ends their turn. If I do give them a key, they cannot use it. I have to give the key to a different unit to unlock doors and chests.

Thief D

As I think I explained, you have not submitted sufficient data.
Please submit the required data first.
You will need the following three things.

Current version of ups.

The first version of ups in which the bug occurred.

The last version of ups where the bug does not occur

You have submitted only 1.
Therefore, I cannot use the diff debug tool to solve the problem.
If can’t use the diff debug tool, I will have to investigate foolishly, and I don’t want to do that because it will take too much time and effort.
If you want to solve the problem, please submit data 1,2,3.

Hi, I have discovered a strange bug where the bgm of the extras menu support room suddenly stopped playing and I cannot figure out the cause. I have attached the current patch, the patch where there was no bug and the patch where the bug first appeared. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I missed your post.
How can I check the problem?
You have not mentioned anything about how to check for bugs.
I think the background music is fine playing in the sound room in the current.ups.
How can I confirm what you say is happening?

Rewards for Automatic Feedback

I am planning to create a feature that will turn on certain flags if the game is running on FEBuilderGBA.
I envision using this to give messages and perks at the opening.
AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG=0x25
AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG_MAPID=0x0

example:

if (Flag 0x25 is ON)
{
	Thanks for running it on
	FEBuilderGBA and 
	Enabling auto feedback.
	Your feedback is very helpful.
	Thank you very much.[A]

As a thank you gift,
	We will receive
	an additional [ToggleRed]Master Seal[ToggleRed].[A]
	Estelle will have it with her at
	the start of the game to
	help you in your game strategy.[A]

//Since items cannot be handed over during the opening event, make the decision again during the StartEvent and hand over the items in secret.
}
else
{
	This work supports auto feedback
	in FEBuilderGBA.
	[ToggleRed]It appears that you are
	NOT playing on FEBuilderGBA.[ToggleRed][A]

If you would like,
	you can play by pressing
	the F5 key on the FEBuilderGBA.
	Please see the Readme.[A]

If you have started
	the game on FEBuilderGBA,
	you could get the [ToggleRed]Master Seal[ToggleRed]
	as a bonus at this point...[A]
}

AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG=0x25
Specify flags to be enabled.
Can be either local or global flags.
Default is 0, which means that none of the flags are enabled.

AUTOFEEDBACK_ENABLE_FLAG_MAPID=0x0
Specifies the chapter ID to process to enable the flag.
Default is the prologue chapter.
It is recommended to do this only in the prologue chapter, as doing it in all chapters would be scary if there are unexpected side effects.

https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guid:febuildergba:work_support

The issue is with the extras support room, not sound room. To see what I mean, just install the patch that makes support room automatically available and enter the “support conversations” room from the extras menu. For some reason, the music is completely turned off, the window colour is changed from blue to orange among other strange bugs caused from entering the support room.

I used the patch to change the support room music to song ID E0, but this doesn’t seem to be the issue as it doesn’t work with many different IDs that I’ve tried.

Oh, I see.
I had misunderstood because there was only SOUND ROOM in Extra.

This problem occurred because TextID: 0x26A is a long string.
In vanilla, it is the string “Mark”.
This name is the name of the military leader in FE7.
FE8 also uses this specification and this character buffer is not reserved for very long strings.
Therefore, putting a long string here caused a buffer overrun.

The problem can be solved by not putting a long text in 0x26A and moving it back to the original string, Mark, and moving it to another string.

ups:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/470029781795078175/1084886881658994789/Current.PATCH.20230314020805.7z

1 Like

Hello everyone !

I’m currently trying to translate Fire Emblem 6 into French.

I have some problems and I was wondering if someone would know how to solve them.

Here’s the picture used for the status.

I am trying to convert “HP” to “PV” and “Avo” to “Esq”.

But when I launch the game, I have a huge problem with the colors.

Without this modification, I had this with the regular colors.

Does anyone know how to put back the right colors while preserving my text editions please ?

Another concern is the Star Wars-like introduction.

Here’s what I get when I edit it.

Could someone help me to make the text presentable please ?