FE_Builder_GBA -- If you have any questions, attach report7z

Much appreciated!

1 Like

Add one warning to FELint.
Regardless of the weapons that can be equipped, those that have no “Magic Animations(indirect effect)” set are detected as errors.
This is because the FE8U had a freeze event.
In the absence of Magic Animations (indirect effects), it seems to refer to strange memory, and in some cases the game freezes.
Therefore, I decided to check this item in FELint.

Example
Error Message:
Although it is a weapon, there is no “Magic Animations (indirect effects)” item.
There is a possibility of freezing in the map battle when the animation is off.

If you get this error, click on Magic Animations at the bottom right of the item editor and configure your weapon settings.

4 Likes

How do i change the music during a talk convo. Similar to natasha recruiting joshua.

can you not check how joshua and natasha does it, that might be the best place to start

Dissasemble the chapter, or maybe you can play it on the debug utility in febuilder, when you play it it tells you how everthing is working, when you find the event you are looking for just click it, and you get a menu with the id of the song you are searching, just change it

Yeah well here’s the thing, i tried this on the same chapter that this event takes place on in my hack but i wanted to do this on a different chapter so i did the same setup as this one but when it got to the point when the music is supposed to change tracks, it just ends the event and treats it as completed even though there is still a lot more text to go through, however it just ignored the rest of the event. Any reason to why?

Share a savestate and a patch, to see if you have anything wrong in your rom

See Event Template for an example.

Use templates to create cumbersome events with one click.

Added the ability to warn about hard-coded units, classes and items.

4 Likes

How did i not see that? Note to self “keep track of template”

Hello,
There are a few mods that I would like to see in the future:

• Gaiden-style promotions (up the stats to the class’ bases, but only if it’s inferior, no stat boost if you have more than the base of the class): this is my most preferred style of promotion and allows for low level promotions without drawbacks other than growths being ignored.

• Laguz or other shapeshifting modding tools, because it’s a pain for noobs like me to make from scratch and the only thing I can do is give my unit an ennemy monster class otherwise animations don’t play at all.

• Alongside shapeshifting, things like the demi-band or wildheart skill, and why not the anti-Laguz/anti-Beorc items that halve the damage a human/shapeshifter class deals to the opposite type of class.

• Real Gaiden magic, not affiliated to spell tomes like it is currently, but instead code the spells that were in Gaiden the way they were (same HP cost, name, power, accuracy, crit rate) and a modding tool to edit them.

• Weapon arts (I don’t think I’ve seen them yet), this would be really great and a good alternative to the skill system.

• A skill editing system in-game, so you can swap your skills, be it in a Tellius or in a 3DS way.

• Skill scrolls to learn them like in every new game since PoR.

• I don’t know if you have an animation/sprites hacker, but it would be nice if there were built-in female animations for hero, female-looking wyverns (because it’s hard to differentiate the male and female sprites in the orignial game), female sprites and anims for axe classes, and modern FE weapons for each class, anims for axe wyverns, every weapon type for cavaliers/paladins, dark knight animations and sprites, maybe even Malig knight/Kinshi knight, I’m sure some people have already made them accessible in the Fire Emblem hacking community but I don’t know where to find everything I’d like because there are too many XD, halberdier (I’ve seen some screenshots of halberdier animations, they looked really badass), shapeshifters (alongside my previous point) or at least beast/bird/whatever type classes.

• I don’t really understand how to make a real anima triangle, there are too few anima tomes and animations to do that.

• There’s a bug on passive boosts (no stack): when you equip a weapon with passive boosts, the boost is doubled. I can’t make a Fates-like royal weapon with that bug, because if it’s in the inventory then the boost has to be full, but if I give the full boost to the item in the inventory, when I equip it it’s completely OP.

• Is it possible to make more character-only locks? I only see Eirika, Ephraim, Lyn and Athos so I try to dispatch them the best I can but I’d prefer to be able to give each character his own equipment lock. This would be especially great for shapeshifting stones, so they are locked to one class or to one character (but it’s only great for them if there’s a real shapeshifting mod).

Thank you for reading, I hope this helps you finding new goals to improve this wonderful hacking/modding tool as well as satisfies the modding/hacking community and especially the noobs like me who couldn’t code to save their lives.

I don’t think most of those would be possible without a serious degree of legwork, if at all. While I’m not an expert in any field, I think the laguz stuff would be especially difficult to do anything with due to the amount of completely new coding that would need to be done for it (transformation gauge/points). Technically you could work around the concept by using animations that feature a transformation. I believe there’s at least one or two floating around in the animation archive. They would work like manaketes do already.

For skill teaching items, they might already be a thing. I know in at least the most recent skill system patches, there’s now a skill field in the item page. If you put it on an item that gets used instead of a passive equipment piece, it might teach the skill. I’m not actually sure though, I can’t test it currently due to my pc being in storage. Give it a shot though.

For animations, I believe it’s entirely up to you to find/make and put them in. 7743 makes the program but isn’t responsible for including or creating any assets of the artistic variety. There’s a huge repo for them and honestly it’s so unbelievably easy to put them in yourself, it’d be insanely lazy to ask 7743 to include any. And it would also require permission from anyone who made said custom animations to include as a default release. Even then, you would still have to put them in yourself, because FEbuilder makes no changes to the rom just by loading it up.

As for how you make an anima triangle… You seem to understand just fine, actually. You can make tomes all you like, and there’s patches for adding more magic animations, though yes, you need to find them yourself. And I don’t think it’s 7743’s job to put them together either… Nor should it be.

It is possible to make more character locks. There’s already a patch and an editor for it listed in the patches. I can vouch for it because I’m using it.

Also, just a heads-up, that all came off very entitled and demand-y. You may want to check phrasing next time. Instead of saying “I want these things” next time, try asking, like “Would it be possible to do these?” It’s just way more polite.

“Would like” is conditionnal, so it’s nothing like forcing someone to do something, but whatever.

I got it on the technical matters. I’ve tried to make transformation anims for trainee classes into Bael, Gorgon and Gwillgy but they didn’t play at all.

No need to call a person “lazy”, if I told you how many times I modded FE8 in the last few years you’d probably understand that I would enjoy not having to do everything again each time I start a new with a different mindset (thus not starting from an older modded patch I made myself). Sometimes I did 2 or 3 a week.
If some things were added (quality of life patches) it would really be awesome, but I’m not here to tell anyone what to do, just suggest new things to try if they want to continue improving since I’ve seen about 1 update per week I guessed it was still in development.

Laguz was just an idea, if the gauge is impossible to make then yes trying the GBA/3DS shapeshifting system could be more fit. What I imply is that I can’t make new transformations out of scratch and the animations seem to be buggy since they don’t play if they are not what they’re supposed to be in the original game (hell even some simple changes like giving a human class the monster classes’ animations doesn’t seem to work since the anims don’t play…hard to understand how it works, these games are old and I don’t know anything about game coding).

So, nothing mean here, just suggestions, and a different POV than what maybe a big part of the community might expect from hacking tools.

So I just have a quick question. I don’t know if it’s been answered before or not. I’m using the FE 8 skill system patch but now all of my mages growth rates are based off of their strength, not magic. I can’t change their MAG growth because it just shows up as POW. Anyway I can change that?

I think i can help. but i need you to clarify, do you mean the strength/mag stat appear as pow or is there both strength and mag stats together?

If you want laguz, the only thing you can get with febuilder is transformation, there is a patch that allows you to make transformation animations for every class, but first, you should take a look at the scripts of myrrh to see how it is coded and how it works, check that every animation matches the type of animations required and the item that causes the trasformation is corretly specified in the patch module

Thanks, but I can’t understand the code.
Another idea I’ve thought of is to use the turn numbers like PoR did, but also like the skill systems odd rythm, even rythm, slow burn, quick burn, lucky 7 etc. : let’s say that the unit gains dragon/tiger/cat/falcon etc. bonuses each even turn, or odd turn, or on specific turn numbers.

If the skills I’ve mentioned have been implemented, then I bet a normal stat bonus (like the Fates version of even/odd rythm have done it) is completely possible to make, and why not even try to attach it to weapons as a passive skill, I don’t know if it would work but I am volunteer to test it if the skills are made, anyway as long as the class has the skill covering its’ stat bonuses it should be fine.

Maybe that’s more do-able than what I was asking for previously? Of course if the developer(s) is/are too busy or don’t want to, I won’t cry or make a fuss, I’m just trying to make something resembling a shapeshifter class with good combat but restrictions rather than the half-assed Awakening shapeshifters with Tagüel being garbage with swordmaster stat spread, range problem, all that while having only 1 useful skill that dealt bonus damage to horses…at level 15, and being locked with 1 weapon with 50 uses for 5 chapters, and no movement over promoted foot units except if the Tagüels took 10+ levels to get mov +1 in a garbage class that has even worse stats and no other means to get exp than fighting. Meanwhile Manakete could solo the game easier than anyone else and…without requiring any skill to be used at all, except maybe swordbreaker for dragonslayers in lunatic (and lifetaker), since dragonslayers aren’t dangerous for a lv 30-60 Manakete even in hard mode.

That’s what I’d like to be able to make, a shapeshifter with unlimited weapon uses but not as busted as Manaketes in GBA/3DS FE, who can counter or even attack during his bad turns but without permanently benefitting from godlike stat boosts like Myrrh who can nearly take down the cavaliers + the great knight coming from the South-Eastern corner in chapter 16, while she’s still level 1 (if you gave her an angelic robe she could maybe even do it, it’s been long since I’ve played that chapter though so I’m not sure, she has +30 attack and +15 def from dragonstone with bases >0, only her HP is really lacking, since it’s the only stat that doesn’t increase immediately through level up, knowing you have to heal up to max after you up).

So, if the developers want to try it, it would be awesome, if not I’ll wait until 20 other people want to make shapeshifters with restrictions other than item durability, and I think there are, but they just hope it will be done without them asking while the similarity with Laguz and these units lack of popularity in the Tellius series due to not being able to ORKO everyone while taking 0 damage for the whole game like Haar does when he gets going until Endgame, which is good when it’s 1 unit, not when it’s a whole playable race, and I’m not even joking when you read their comments on Laguz they coplain that they have to think before sending them into ennemy territory, the same people who praise Joshua while despising Amelia, Marisa, Tana, Dozla and co. while these units have more performance if trained than their competition, or less opportunity cost (Dozla vs Ross, Dozla has much more def, HP than Ross and is already B rank in axes, saves an unique promotion item or a rare global promotion item, has more con to wield heavier axes like the steel axe, battle axe he gives you for free or the legendary axe with 15 wt if my memory is right) (Marisa vs Joshua, he lacks luck to actually dodge when ennemies start having actual stats, is more susceptible to crit from both hit rate and crit rate, caps speed several levels later on average which means Marisa has an edge on him or ties after promotion depending on path chosen and promotion order, she has more res to survive the occasional hit with long range magic that should not even hit her while it should have 20-ish hit rate vs Joshua, and it gives her a better reason to be brought against Lyon who hits like a truck…with magic, a 3 points difference in res might be useful especially since he’s surrounded by tanky and hard hitting/stoning gorgons who can screw you over and limit your target access) (Amelia vs any foot unit since she has access to a mount and 1-2 range weapons, has more res than Seth level 10-15 on average at 10/20/1 and more speed as well as luck) in a game that allows several ways of grinding, some of which even give you more money for the lulz.

Wow I’m digressing too much. Not expecting much people to read the previous paragraph honestly, but since it’s written and describes a little part of my opinion on why some praised unit types or specific units are no better than other units most of the comunity seems to despise because they’re not outright OP from the moment you get them to the end of the game, which is why I like how shapeshifters were put in Tellius series, forcing the player to think a little to what he will do with his unit instead of just throwing it into hoards of ennemies without caring for its’ weaknesses, just like Haar in the 2 lowest difficulty levels of RD or Duessel and Seth for a good part of the game if you abused them, or like Laguz actual competition, the royal Laguz, who are downright terrible unit design, with the only drawback of being 1 range locked (or underlevelled for Kurth but he can fight every dragon in his father’s room for free exp until he reaches level 30+ just before he gets his own permanent form).

That’s why I would like to see such a skill, to have a way to balance the most compained about unit type in FE, with some being busted but useless when their item breaks and the others being useless too many times with hard to calculate outcomes with how RNG the game is and how a crit before untransforming can force a reset.

Good night everyone!

This is still definitely in the wrong thread.

2 Likes

Event instructions and event templates have been merged because too many people overlook event templates.
You can search for event templates in exactly the same way you search for event instructions.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the place for it, since it’s something from the skill patch, but is there a possibility to disable a strength and magic split?