[FE 8](Full-Length) [COMPLETE?] Eligor's Spear version 3.0 (46 +1 Chapters)

Maybe its a Berskerker then-- I didn’t recognize the sprite from the games/hack I’ve played. But okay, so that means I haven’t missed any characters then?

I just realized you might have meant the fighter? Yeah, don’t worry, you haven’t missed any characters.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

The spacing is such that if you swap the units and the AIs that the (now chest) dracolord moves all the way up to the pillar, distance-wise, unless you put something in the way that he stops to attack. So having the recruitable unit immediately able to attack there shouldn’t be an issue.

Also, it is possible to use your own unit placements to dislodge the new unit forward a couple tiles (the setup I ended up going with when I finished the level earlier today had him spawning 2 extra tiles north of his normal spawn point utilizing this).

Also regarding overtaxed Skylar, I learned one bit of tech that made things feel a little less bad. Dropping skylar from a rescue or warping him onto a trap tile will disarm. I had assumed I needed him to wait. Knowing that in restrospect might be enough that planning around using that might be enough to ease the burden.

Between use of that toward the end (as I only noticed the disarm after steal interaction during the run), a Dancer activation on the last turn, and having lured the spearman next to the trap so that I could disarm and steal on the same action I was able to grab everything and complete the level on the very last turn. So it’s doable without using the staves, at least. Still super hard, an I wouldn’t bother even trying on an ironman run, or even a run I wasn’t allowing save states, I would just turtle up in the starting area and abuse warp+rescue+dance to pick up all three back tiles and use Skylar’s ability to act after to pick up the bolting chest and gem to “compensate” the staff uses. Might be feasible to KO the boss for the runesword as the action on the third tile, if the spacing works like I think it might.

Makes it feel a little better looking forward to more normal runs after the first one. But it’s still a lot.

2 Likes

Completely out there thing. I think I would actually prefer Elizabeth with growths of 45 each instead of 40s and then 50 health. I have no idea if that would actually be meaningfully better gameplay-wise, but I like the idea that if you give her the +growth item it makes her exactly 50 in every stat.

1 Like

I mean, the reason she has her current growths is only because of all the blue in the stats screen, but that sounds funny enough that I seriously consider going with it. Besides, that’d still preserve her characteristics being reflected in her growth rates.
Edit: I just remembered that 45 is still displayed in blue. Yup, definitely gonna do this. Thanks for the suggestion!

on a sort of related note, why is Danval’s HP growth 62 instead of 66? When I first looked at it I assumed it was double his other stats, but then realized it was 33 and 62 not 31 and 62.

I’m guessing this is a reference to something? I just don’t get it.

no, there is no intentional reference. His growths are odd just because.

In that case might I suggest going with prime numbers? I think 23, 29, 31, 53, 37, 41, 61 is within a couple points of the same total growth points and lets you keep the 61. There’s also some other nearby prime numbers if you wanted to lower/increase the totals. (obviously that order is just ascending other than luck and they hardly need to be in those particular slots).

1 Like

If just enabling the retreat option is all you’d need, you’d only need to change the Usability routine of the menu command. If you haven’t yet, try putting the Usability Always routine, 0x804F449, at 0x59CF2C.

1 Like

Where is the Secret shop on Bestowal of a Saint? I don’t feel like stopping on every space, lol.

Summary

On hard mode, the middle tile on the bottom part of the carpet. 4 tiles down from the throne.

Wait, the spot changes depending on the difficulty? That is just pure evil.

Summary

the tile is the exact same, but hard mode uses different tile changes than normal or easy.

What does the F.Memento do? It has 1 use so I thought I could use it but it seemed like no one in my roster was able to use the thing.

1 Like

If you stand on the pillar lowering tile with a summoned phantom this happens. No idea what the fix is, or even if there should be one. But worth noting. Honestly I found this relieving after losing a run in the save the villagers level because after noticing that I could use villagers to visit the other houses I assumed the phantom could do the same (it can’t). Definitely looks odd though.

1 Like

It does nothing for the time being.

Phantoms don’t have portraits, but the game is trying to call them one, that’s when that bug happens. It can definitely be fixed, but the question is if I should disable the phantoms’ ability to trigger the tiles or not. Thanks for reporting!

Definitely nice to be able to. Means that you can trigger the last tile remotely while your entire actual force is in the tower portion. So it allows you to avoid needing to split up on that map for the very end.

1 Like

Noted. The bug will be fixed in the next patch.

That finale was chef’s kiss wow. Was there really a bard? I might have missed him. Or is he only recruitable in the other route? Cant wait to try the other route. Great hack! The latter part was very challenging. Elizabeth is not worth it

1 Like