Event Assembler

I’m getting a 404 error while trying to download v11. Anyone else?

It got taken down because of critical issues
(and colorz forgot to / didn’t have time to properly update the topic)

1 Like

And we’re back. I tested it by fully building FE Destiny this time so it shooould be good. lmk if any installers are broken, the way it parses quotes (") is a biiiit hacked together and I may have missed some corner behavior, if you are using it.

Quick fix (V11.0.1) aliasing inctevent as inctext for reverse compatibility with V10.1.1

Stuff is happening.
@StanH is doing stuff to continue modernizing EA as we have here, and I’m working on rewriting Core to iron out some corner-case behaviors in EA to allow for greater extensibility.

1 Like

Event Assembler 11.1

Changelog:

• Added -symOutput:<filename> Core option, which outputs global labels to <filename> following the format <name>=$<offset(hex)><newline>
  • “Added” symbol Assignment logic (<symName> = <value>) (“Added” because most of the logic was already present, I basically just made it parse)
  • Tools invoked through directives (#incext, #inctevent & #runext) can now report errors via stderr (before they needed to print "ERROR: " to stdout)
  • #runext passes Tool’s stdout to EA’s
  • Added warning when redefining a symbol/label (within the same scope)
  • Various Fixes:
  • Fixed #inctext/#inctevent not handling parameters with spaces properly
  • Fixed IsDefined macro not working
  • Fixed curly brackets crashing EA when directly after a label/statement
  • Fixed repeatable codes without parameters crashing EA
  • Fixed various crashes related to the expression/parameter parser

(Also some minor additions to raws & the stdlib (See these github commits for details))

This may or may not be the last (feature) release before Colorz’s rewrite is complete.

Please do notify us about any bug you may find, either through here or the Discord.

:wave:

3 Likes

Why isn’t this post pinned for new hackers to download/hackers to update their versions?

1 Like

Pinned!!!

Done.

1 Like

Alright, thank you. It was a pain to find this when I updated it (A lot of people have questions about EA btw)

Just a quick library/raw sync for version 11.1.1

3 Likes

Just a quick fix to VillageEventMoney which was broken in FE8.

1 Like

Excuse me, can someone link me the link for the last version? Fucking Dropbox doesn’t show me any link to download ; even after joining it…I can only view the files.Thanks!

Edit: Alright got it by changing the dl=0 to dl=1. I don’t know if I was the only one to have this prob ; but guess it’s better to leave it here if someone has the same problem.

5 posts were split to a new topic: 32bit Png2Dmp

Windows & MacOS & Linux Release for ColorzCore
Windows & MacOS & Linux Release for Event Assembler Core

6 Likes

Idk where best to report this but the ballista FE8 trap helper macros in eastdlib are using the wrong item IDs.

#define NormalBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x34"
#define IronBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x35"
#define KillerBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x36 "

Should be:

#define NormalBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x35"
#define IronBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x36"
#define KillerBallista(XX,YY) "BLST [XX,YY] 0x37 "

From Dropbox - Event Assembler V11.1.3.zip - Simplify your life

Macro TurnEventNPC(eventID,pointer,turn) in Main Code Helpers.txt uses argument startTurn in its definition, despite that argument not being declared (hope I’m getting the terminology right). I’m guessing this is a typo/copypaste error, and the intention was for it to use turn instead of startTurn.

Could you add FILL to EA again?

Apparently FILL is part of ColorzCore, but not Core. Could you maybe package ColorzCore in the newest EA instead of Core?

3 Likes

Uhh, anyone run into this problem? I just opened up FEBuilder after updating my Event Assembler. All of the text is literally just in white.

How can I fix that?

This means you have made FEBuilder unable to recognize your ROM as an FE game, or find a bunch of the assets that are within.

There are so many ways to accidentally do this, but many of them involve forgetting an ORG and writing to the beginning of the file.

I don’t particularly see the need, if you’re using EA in the first place, to then go into FEB at all?