An FE8 PME (Oh boy!)

I agree with Donlot, it’d just be easier to just lightly buff enemies across the board (roughly +10-15% growths) to make them more dangerous as the game goes on. Possibly give them some more dangerous weapons earlier then expected but just be careful with it.

@Silver-Star Giving the enemies S class weapons is Cheap difficulty with how strong the weapons themselves are, plus a single capture unit getting submitted would completely break everything at that point.

Oh, and I forgot to put this on as a detail for Juggernaut but giving it either crit boost effect (either +15 or +30) as a class thing was intended.

Then we don’t allow capture mechanics or make any of them droppable.
Or just put specific units that have legendary weapons with a skill that prevents them from being captured or stolen.
Problem solved.

1 Like

Not really, since with how the enemy generic slots work, we could end up with Watchful ending up on units who had steal-only items now being unstealable due to using the stat table of one of those enemies.

Plus it adds work for Gullop since he’ll either have to add in that one patch that allows unpromoted units to use S rank weapons, then add random S ranks to various enemies after a certain point (likely post chapter 15 for the sake of not being infuriating) or manually set a bunch of random enemy characters to have S rank weapon ranks then have to manually find each of their associated units per chapter just to work all this out.

I get the Egg-heads last CMU did this but it’s not exactly the best idea with how PH and Dsnoon were kind of jerks with some of what they pulled.

I’d honestly say it should be either enemies get random sacred weapons after a certain point or buffed growths and skills, not both just because it can snowball into potential softlocks if not done right.

Also I forgot but our Ephraim is also a Steal+ unit, so the possible problem is already present.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the feedback, I think I should have from from the beginning outlined examples of what makes a good unit but I guess I didnt assume people would try to insert characters that borderline break the ability to balance the game.

An example of a “Can break the game but only with good effort” that I really enjoy that was submitted was RNGSOMEONE’s Rin. A character with awful bases, but uses their skills to snowball essentially creating a very pure form “est” unit. I want to say that I mean this in absolutely no offense to the person who made the unit, but units like Kassandra on the other hand feel broken with “hyperfocused” growths designed to be OP, a personal skill that nullifies their weakness as a unit, and then skills that make the unit even MORE op then they already are. While I will have to make edits to adjust the difficulty in this department, I guess my biggest regret with the original prompt was not putting more stipulations on what characters are allowed to have. I hoped my prompt would be simple enough for creative entries but that people wouldnt attempt to break the balancing because “what’s the fun in that?”

That being said, I will do what I can to make it work and I appreciate all the feedback and entries from everyone. I will probably find a healthy medium on inputting personal skills/weapons and buffing enemy units’ stats.

2 Likes

Ill change it to Ismaire @Gullop

1 Like

I was on the dev team up until farten route when i had to leave due to time issues. The issue was not really the S rank weapons, the issue was the heavy time constrains we were at, sometimes churning out 2 chapters just a couple of hours before stream, while still trying to keep the chapters unique in some way. There just wasn’t enough playtesting time for us.
The easiest way to do S rank weapons on enemies, from my understanding, would be to have one enemy slot for all s rankers, then give that slot bad bases but better growths, so you can easily adjust their strenght via the level, aswell as the watchful skill to prevent them from being taken advantage of. Would use them rather sparingly or even exclusively on promoted enemies, and not have em show too early unless the player has enough tools to navigate around them.

1 Like

Added portrait, changed up post to replace Gheb as a boss instead.

NAME: Tucker
AFFINITY: Wind
CLASS: Swordmaster
SUBSTITUTES: Ch.12A Monster
STATS:
HP 44
STR 17
MAG 14
SKILL 15
SPE 15
DEF 9
RES 13
LUCK 8
CON 9
STATS SWAPPED: (Example: trade X for Y, No swapping CON): Lck for Skl
PERSONAL SKILL (Please don’t repeat them): Replicate
LEVEL UP SKILLS (OPTIONAL): Evenhanded. Life and Death
PORTRAIT/PALLETE/BATTLE ANIMATIONS (OPTIONAL):
IMG_4711
Credit to Nickt
DESCRIPTION: A criminal working underneath Grado banner
BATTLE QUOTE (OPTIONAL): Why bother fighting against me huh? Soon all of you will be nothing but scabbards for my wind sword! Now have at you!
DEATH QUOTE (OPTIONAL): I… knew i should have… stay a worker instead… the money would have come a lot easier…
INVENTORY: Wind Sword (Drop).
AI (Whether you want them to charge, move, stay on a spot or something else): Stay
OTHER (OPTIONAL):

You realize Rin’s bases are worse than FE6 Sophia with the exception of WLV and skills, right?

Yes thats a good thing lol

Yeah, I can understand it was mostly do to the crunch lack of testing time. I didn’t catch all the streams but I do remember mangs had at least two “ok guys, cut the shit” and at least one “nope, this is too much I have to fix this” moments from what I did sit through.

What’s even funnier is in my current playthrough of that particular PME my Farten has 26 speed and my Yssa takes single digit damage from just about everything but the Sacred Tome weapons. I even managed to swipe an Excalibur tome off the Valter replacement due to my HANNAKO being faster and having promoted her to a Brazilian.

Other then some tricky bits due Fe7lunas and two maps just kind of being a pain due to layouts I haven’t been too screwed over by some of that nonsense.

I have just been generally enjoying it so I will say Kudos to you and the others on that mess of game (even if I do think some of the “weapons” were a bit much).

1 Like

Totally forgot to reduce the colors, my bad.
64 Mario Portrait

The design process often went a little like this. I had an idea, DSNoon and PH liked it, i suggested how to balance it, DSNoon replied “Don’t worry, it’ll be fiiiiiiiiine” that’s how you got the donboats with counter and horse effective ballistas.

On another note, @Gullop i added a portrait to Sir Daniel Fortesque.
SirDanielMediEvil
Please credit L95 for the base sprite, and me and Wasdye for the edited version.

3 Likes

NAME: Elliot
AFFINITY: Thunder
CLASS: Great Lord (Hector)
Class Stats : |19HP | 10 STR | 7 SKL | 9 SPD | 13 DEF | 1 RES | 10 Con | Can only use swords |
SUBSTITUTES: Carlyle
STATS: (I assume this means personal bases, but just in case, I will include total when combined with class bases.)
HP: 26 (45)
STR: 10 (20)
MAG: 0 (0)
SKILL: 8 (15)
SPE: 8 (17)
DEF: 5 (18)
RES: 8 (9)
LUCK: 14
CON 0 (10)
STATS SWAPPED: (Example: trade X for Y, No swapping CON): I already swapped str and spd in the stats.
PERSONAL SKILL (Please don’t repeat them): Hero
LEVEL UP SKILLS (OPTIONAL): Vengeance
Palette for [FE-Repo/Battle Animations/Lords - Vanilla and Custom/[FE7 Hector-Base] [M] T2 Vanilla +Magic by Skitty/1. Sword at main · Klokinator/FE-Repo · GitHub]
5553FF7FDF57BC3691253419CF10C9107F5B6F5ECA49936AEE594945A630A514
Portrait: (Another splice)
Randall
DESCRIPTION: Once a heroic noble, now corrupted by a cursed sword.
BATTLE QUOTE (OPTIONAL): You dare challenge my rule? I will show you the error of your ways!
DEATH QUOTE (OPTIONAL): Impossible!.. To lose to such a weakling… uurgh…
INVENTORY:
Demonic Blade
Elixir
Gold Gem (Or white gem, if thats too much.)
Silver Card
AI (Whether you want them to charge, move, stay on a spot or something else): Stay on the throne.
OTHER (OPTIONAL):
Prf Weapon: Demonic blade
{Zane} (Icon Blitz 1) Sword 12
| Devil Effect | 1-2 Range | 35 Uses | 12 Mt. | 75 Hit. | 0 Crit. | Uses These Animations.
Add Goddess icons to the secret shop?

NAME: Zane
AFFINITY: Wind
CLASS: Ultradin (Renamed Paladin)
SUBSTITUTES: Morva
STATS:
HP: 60
STR: 24
MAG: 20
SKILL: 26
SPE: 20
DEF: 17
RES: 17
LUCK: 10
CON: 20
STATS SWAPPED: (Example: trade X for Y, No swapping CON): Speed and Def are swapped around.
PERSONAL SKILL (Please don’t repeat them): Nullify
LEVEL UP SKILLS (OPTIONAL): Renewal, Enrage
{Credits: Garytop}
DESCRIPTION: A man taken from his post and one true job. The frontman of the Power Zanegers
BATTLE QUOTE (OPTIONAL): Sorry about this, I just can’t stay here, not like this.
DEATH QUOTE (OPTIONAL): Tell Riddel I’m…sorry…
INVENTORY:
image Zanebringer | 15 MT | 80 Hit | 19 WT | 1-2 Range | Unbreakable | “A legendary weapon of epic proportions.”

AI (Whether you want them to charge, move, stay on a spot or something else): Stay Still
OTHER (OPTIONAL):
I know the weapon’s on the insanely strong side, but mainly tooled it that was as to be a reasonable replacement for the fact Morva can pierce defenses. Guy’s gotta have some way to compete.

2 Likes

NAME: Bradley
AFFINITY: Fire
CLASS: Brigand
SUBSTITUTES: Breguet
STATS:
HP 31
STR 13
MAG 0
SKILL 4
SPE 8
DEF 7
RES 10
LUCK 9
CON 10
STATS SWAPPED: (Example: trade X for Y, No swapping CON): Str for Lck
PERSONAL SKILL (Please don’t repeat them): Armored Blow
LEVEL UP SKILLS (OPTIONAL): Swordbreaker

DESCRIPTION: A outlaw currently on the run from the government
BATTLE QUOTE (OPTIONAL): Got off of our lands! This is our territory now!
DEATH QUOTE (OPTIONAL): I don’t deserve this…
INVENTORY: Steel Axe. Hand Axe. Energy Ring (Drop)
AI (Whether you want them to charge, move, stay on a spot or something else): Move
OTHER (OPTIONAL):

NAME: Grug
BASE CLASS: Cyclops
PROMOTIONS (OPTIONAL):
SUBSTITUTES: Lyon
GROWTH RATES (max 350%):
HP 0
STR 100
MAG 0
SKILL 150
SPE 100
DEF 0
RES 0
LUCK 0
STATS SWAPPED: RES and SPD
PERSONAL SKILL: Astra
LEVEL UP SKILLS: Rightful God (Rightful King if too strong)
PORTRAIT/PALETTE/BATTLE ANIMATIONS: use the cyclops from the repo
DESCRIPTION: A huge aggressive Cyclops.
DEATH QUOTE:
OTHER:

NAME: Rikard
AFFINITY: Dark
CLASS: Wyvern Rider
SUBSTITUTES: Ch.4 Monster
STATS:
HP 33
STR 9
MAG 0
SKILL 13
SPE 13
DEF 11
RES 12
LUCK 13
CON 11
STATS SWAPPED: (Example: trade X for Y, No swapping CON): Str for Spd
PERSONAL SKILL (Please don’t repeat them): Dragon Fang
LEVEL UP SKILLS (OPTIONAL): Seal Defense
IMG_4712
Credit to Epicer
DESCRIPTION: A mercenary hired by Grado to hunt down the party
BATTLE QUOTE (OPTIONAL): Grado is offering money for your head alone! Who am i to turn down that offer!
DEATH QUOTE (OPTIONAL): I… only did this… to keep a roof… over my head… is that so wrong…
INVENTORY: Halberd. Javelin. Blue Gem (Drop).
AI (Whether you want them to charge, move, stay on a spot or something else): Charge
OTHER (OPTIONAL):

NAME: Xena Vega
CLASS: Barachiel, S in Swords and lances
Animations:

Credit to Redbean, Velvet Kitsune
SUBSTITUTES: Formortis
STATS (this is basing it on vanilla formortiis aight, his base total is 176, I’m just gonna redistribute the stats (just use this as the final stats)
HP 100
STR 23
MAG 18
SKILL 25
SPE 27
DEF 25
RES 19
LUCK 15
CON 15
STATS SWAPPED: (Example: trade X for Y, No swapping CON): -
PERSONAL SKILL (Please don’t repeat them): Nihil
LEVEL UP SKILLS (OPTIONAL): renewal
Portrait:
VelvetKitsune - Eloise

Credit to Velvet Kitsune

DESCRIPTION: The almighty being, eater of mice, Harbinger of salvation
BATTLE QUOTE (OPTIONAL): BEGONE!!
DEATH QUOTE (OPTIONAL): … FOOLS!!
INVENTORY:

1. Nephilim’s Wrath ( sword S rank 13 MT, 10 weight, 75 hit, 0 crit, range 1-2, A boosted light brand, uses magic on range)
  2. étoile filante. ( Lance S rank 12 MT, 20 weight, 65 Hit, 0 Crit, Range 1-3, 1-3 range physical Lance)
  3. Ignis Iaculum (Lance S rank 15 might, 17 weight, 85 hit, 5 crit, Range 1, Strikes Res instead of Def)

AI (Whether you want them to charge, move, stay on a spot or something else): boss AI stay in place
OTHER (OPTIONAL): Here’s one for ya V!!

Note, not sure how OP she’d be vs actual formortiis, I intend for her to double and have nerfed her a bit vs formortiis’s stats hope that’s enough to balance her, if not then I can readjust

Name: Soira
Replace: Ch12A Maelduin
Class: Falcon Knight
Affinity: Ice
Description: A mercenary infamous for being impossible to shoot down.

Stats:
HP: 41
STR: 14
SKL: 17
SPD: 22
LCK: 26
DEF: 11
RES: 16
CON: 6
AI: Move to attack units in range. On turn 8, begin moving unprovoked.

Inventory: Brave Sword, Spear, Master Seal (Drop)
Personal Skill: Alert Stance+ (+30 Avo when being attacked)
Learned Skills: Tower Shield+ (immune to ranged attacks), Insight (+20 Hit)

Battle Quote: Hello and goodbye! Sorry, but I’ve got a bounty to claim.
Defeat Quote: H-How did you pull that off? Nobody’s done that before.

By Levin64