Almost all of the Shadow Dragon portraits traced into GBAFE style

All very beautiful. If I am not mistaken, someone has already posted a complete remake of Shadow Dragon using Fe8 as a base, but using horrible 8bit portraits, enlarged and grainy (no offense to the author, of course, sometimes a hard truth is better than a sweet lie). Well, these had discouraged me from playing it. Had it used your works instead, I would have jumped right into that hack without a second thought. Truly magnificent, those. :wink:

4 Likes

These are absolutely amazing. Good job! Def gonna use some of these for my hack.

The Gharnef one is so good. Xane is cute, too

3 Likes

Mann most of these portraits look really well made and i really like them a lot. And i don’t really care about the Archanea games all that much. Here a list of my favorites.
Wrys_attempt2Frey_attempt2Ogma_attempt2Bord_attempt2Daros_attempt2Lena_attempt2Navarre_attempt3Wendell_attempt1Minerva_attempt1Zharov_attempt1Linde_attempt1Khozen_attempt2Volzhin_attempt1Dejanira_attempt1Jiol_attempt1Samson_attempt2Hollstadt_attempt1Dactyl_attempt1Sternlin_attempt1Beck_attempt1Lorenz_attempt1Camus_attempt1Orridyon_attempt1Elice_attempt2Sparticus_attempt1Ruffian_attempt1Vendor_attempt1Nyna_attempt1SoldierRED_attempt1

7 Likes

Archanea has never looked so beautiful. Minerva in particular is amazing.

3 Likes

Truly a Matthis moment.
Are these free to use?

Really just came and dropped an entire game’s worth of portraits. Absolutely amazing.

Have there been any GBA shadow dragon hacks?

3 Likes

This is phenomenal.

3 Likes

As referenced above, there was a Shadow Dragon NES hack that used the SNES portraits.

Were you the person I spoke with on that thread saying that no one will probably ever make all the Archanea portraits in one style XD Only for it to now happen.

Pardon my language, but holy shit that’s a lot of work, especially maintaining the level of quality you did! Making them all available for the community is also really generous. Thanks so much for this massive contribution, and well done!

3 Likes

I have a question, are these F2U or F2E? These are super cool and I want to use some in my hack

Nah, I don’t think so. Never posted in that thread. It must have been a doppelganger of mine; one of my many imitators. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, basically

5 Likes

Absolutely amazing! Thank you for spending so much time and effort to create those pieces of fine art!

3 Likes

Very great job OP! Very incredible work you have done here. Thank to you my rom hack of attempting to remaster FE1 will have a major visual improvement. Once again, great job on this. This is a wonderful addition to the rom hacking community.

1 Like

Beautiful work. Hardin in particular is one of my favorites. Burnout sucks tbh, so I don’t blame you for needing a break after all of this lol

Yooo, decided to redo Dolph’s portrait as I wasn’t satisfied with how it turned out the first time. The pose is a bit generic, but overall I like this one better.

Dolph_attempt3

19 Likes

Yooo, it’s Heimler, the strongest cheekbones in all of Archanea.
Heimler_attempt2

Also as a bonus
Luigi_heimler

Just don’t ask me why I decided to draw this, okay?

24 Likes

I am going to ask. Why did you draw it? :grin:

4 Likes

Lol, nice Luigi portrait.

Also, forgot to say this like one month ago but, thanks for all the Shadow Dragon portraits, this gives variety to all the people that wanted GBA portraits of the SD characters.

3 Likes