Spud's Sprites: The Potato's Return

Just use the chad Spartan

3 Likes

I second alusq on teh landsknecht sprite. I also love what you did w the axe summmoner hehe :drooling_face:

2 Likes

I decided to sprite the griffon knight from the Faerghus banner after playing Three Houses. I thought it looked awesome and wish there was some sort of griffon rider class in the game.
GrifComp
The shading on the wing is pretty bad but oh well. I think the rest turned out fine.

29 Likes

And there’s no Griffons in 3H… DLC class maybe?

1 Like

Initial Work on a map sprite and axe still for my Champion/Gladiator/Sergeant/Legionnaire/Centurion/Insertnamehere Class
MapspriteBig
Comp

I guess if it has all three weapon types it could also function as a weapon master/master-at-arms

31 Likes

amazing mister @Spud

4 Likes

Unusually, Dellhonne is actually right. That is an amazing mister, and you did a good job spriting it. female version when?

3 Likes

All it takes is slacking off at your job :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Female version
FemaleBig

I will work on the map sprite first and actually try to finish it within a reasonable amount of time. The axe animation for the male and all variations of the female are lower priorities for me right now and likely won’t happen any time soon. I also have zero experience with class cards, so again I doubt I’ll be making one any time soon.

All of that said, if anyone wants any of these things soon, feel free to make them yourselves using the stills I posted. The axe animation in particular would easy considering you would just need to copy/paste the axe-head onto all of the lance frames.

16 Likes

Nah, I’ll just wait for you to do all the work :upside_down_face:

So I have been playing around with tilesets recently and have a bunch of assets I’d like to share. Most things are single tile tree variations.

Cactus Variants:
Variants

Example

Example Map:
Cactus Example
This is just the FE8 Vanilla Desert with my cactus tile pasted over the palm tree
Desert_WCactus

FE7 Snow map with slightly better tree:
Single Tree tile

Example

Not much of a change but it’s a slight improvement
NewPine

Custom Pine type tree:
Source

Example

Example of what the tree looks like in the Mountainous tileset:
PineShow

Shadow Dragon style Oak type tree:
tilefinal

Example

Example of how it looks using a custom palette of the FE7 fields tileset:
SD TreeExample
Vanilla FE7 tileset with the custom tree pasted over the basic forest tile:
NormalFieldsSDTreeAlt

Thracia style trees from ZoramineFae’s field tileset recolored to fit with vanilla FE7 field tileset:
final tiles

Example

Pine Example
This tileset only has the single tree pasted over the basic forest tile, more work would be needed to add all of the variations from the original tileset.
NormalFieldsPine Tree

Attempt at some kind of dead wood/snag forest:
Variants Ex

Example

Something about the size and perspective of these is off, but I’m not sure what it would take to make it look better.
MapTest

Attempt at taller cliffs that match the vanilla FE7 tileset
Cliffs

Example

I think it actually looks better with the Vanilla palette, but it still doesn’t quite register as a cliff instead of a weird hole or something. I haven’t made any cliff to water or cliff to sand tiles so the tileset below only has cliff to plain transitions.
CliffExample Vanilla palette CliffExample cust palette
Tileset
Palette Complete
Mapchip

This is meant to be more of an asset dump than a collection of finished products. Most things don’t quite work as is and would need to be edited or added to another tileset to be usable. I don’t have any plans to improve any of the lesser quality things or to combine any of them into a good usable tileset. They are just tiles that I have made and hope someone can find a use for.

17 Likes

Nice! Those dead trees would look fantastic in an FE2-style swamp tileset.

1 Like

Thanks, that was basically what I was going for. They might even look better placed in water tiles instead of plain tiles.

2 Likes

Probably a bit late to be saying this, but the sword version at least works well as a dedicated great sword user/Swordmaster.

So several weeks ago my laptop hardrive failed after months of telling myself I needed to back it up. I lost a significant amount of random hobby stuff. Mainly Fire Emblem hacking stuff and sprites I have been tinkering on along with a LOT of personal edits to Skyrim mods. I’m not sure when or if I’ll want to try to recreate any of the things I have lost, but I figured I would share a couple things I had been playing around with that I happened to have saved on my phone

This is my take on a gba version of the tank from Tear Ring Saga, it has a lot of spare colors and I was thinking they could be used on a gunner that popped his head in and out of the top between shots.image0

This was an early version of some type of swd/dark wraith thing that was half based on a ringwraith and half based on the dark templar class from Berwick Saga. I had made some more edits to this that I lost that made it taller and bulkier to make it look more like a T2 class. I had also made some versions with a facemask under the hood.
image1

I am definitely not going to do any thing with the TRS tank anytime soon so if anyone wants to use it in any way, go for it. I might revisit the wraith at some point because I really like the concept but who knows, I am going to be pretty busy at work in the near future so I doubt I’ll have much time for fun stuff.

On the bright side, my ten year old laptop now has a new motherboard and a new ssd so it should be even better than it was before :man_shrugging:t2:

30 Likes

that tank is super nice

Thanks

hey spud you have made someone progress with the axe animations of the Sergeant and the female version?

2 Likes

Can you do a Draco Knight from Fire Emblem 1, please?

No creator activity in over a year, thread needlessly bumped.