Misc. Questions About Plausibility (FE8)

Hello. I bet like two of you know who I am but I’m not going to introduce myself regardless.

Anyway, I’m going to use this thread as a compilations Question Topic for myself because shuffling through this place is kind of a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. Sorry about the lack of organization of question topics beforehand ‘3’

I also apologize in advance for not actually reading how ASM actually works and only getting the general gist of a few things xd

ANYWAY
1.) Units that have both been recruited and have died are stored somewhere, right? I mean, the ending screen accounts for it. Pseudocode/general direction for accessing this pls??? Unless there’s like a big boi list of where stuff is that I just haven’t been able to find
2.) Endgame deployment - have people figured out where/how it saves what units you deployed in the first part of endgame? I have a friend who wants to figure out/do army splitting and I decided the easiest way to do that might be to have side chapters where you deploy the units you want for that route, then gray out the units that weren’t selected for that route. idk if this kind of workaround is still a thing that would be needed, though.
3.) So, uh, has anyone tested the Full Standard Hack Suite on real hardware? I mean… it looks like it would cause a lot of lag.

1. stored in the b/w/l data table, it doesn’t keep their stats or anything, just where they died at (and who killed them)
  2. this appears to be done using the LOAD3 0x0 UnitGroup code.
  3. no idea what a Full Standard Hack Suite is but I regularly play on real hardware and the only thing that lags is certain custom spell animations. It probably eats up battery very slightly faster.
2 Likes