Map Sprite Offset Question

Hi,

I’m trying to insert a map sprite for the general (specifically Marshall (U) Lance {Nuramon}-stand from the repository). I’m able to insert it just fine, and it looks okay in game normally, but when I hover the cursor over the unit the sprite appears to get offset down and to the left of the actual tile it’s on. Is it because the sprite is 32x32 or is there something else going on? I’m not sure how to go about fixing it, or if there even is a fix.

hovergif

• Hacking method: FEBuilder

• Base Game: FE8

It seems you’re using the wrong animation pointer (AP). Maybe try with a different one? I think the one for the General might be what you’re looking for.

I just edited the General class itself so the AP shouldn’t have changed, but I double checked and it’s still set to AP2-2 General. It seems to be an issue with the walk sprite instead of the standing animation sprite, since the hover animation takes the last 3 frames of the walk sprite, which I didn’t know before.

I had the same issue in my FE7 project, I believe I’m even using the same General map sprites that you are using, and I found out that if you change the moving map anims AP to ‘Zephiel-King’ it fixes it.

It’s AP1-5 in FE7 (Sniper-female Zephiel-King). I dunno if it is the same in FE8, but if it is not you can always just export then import the AP from FE7 to FE8 I believe.

Yup I actually just discovered right before you replied that by changing the AP to the Demon King pointer (AP1-9 in FE8) it fixes it. Thanks!

1 Like