It seems you've started something, Klok

At least it’s not “fartass”

6 Likes

I admit I do sometimes read it as Fartass.

3 Likes

Please don’t give ME ideas. I’m not above hacking hacks to give myself a cheap laugh

To be truthful tho, I never read her name that way at all, but I am admittedly odd even by American standards.

i never had a problem reading “faratrass” before, but i am now never going to unsee fartass

2 Likes

Oh you just reminded me I need to do an MS LP where I intentionally misread her name every time and make it into a meme you’ll never be able to escape.

1 Like

…I don’t see the problem with the name “Eliwood”.

(“Dorcas”, however…)

1 Like

It’s easier for American/English native speakers to see something wrong with “Faratrass”, because there are similar, ambiguous words in their language, like “fart”, “fat”, or “ass”. Italian or French people won’t ever see anything wrong with “Faratrass”, because it doesn’t remind them of any words.

Similarly, you don’t see anything wrong with “Puledra”, despite the fact that it’s supposed to be a very ridiculous Italian name. To give you the idea, for an Italian to read “Puledra”, is like for an English reader to read “Sexhorse”.

Another example is “Lucina”. It means “Little Light” in Italian, which is kinda awkward. But it’s perfectly fine for other cultures.

These are language bias. I don’t see anything wrong with it, and it’s not racist. It’s just normal for someone to interpret the world based on their own culture, their own point of view.

Happy now? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Also gotta rename the spell to “Circumcise”

1 Like

I noticed that there was something mildly putain-ish about Puledra FWIW

Also FWIW, though: the game itself is in English, so you should expect the Anglo bias to be strong.

Circumspice imo

edit: I just saw the full picture (extended past the FEU image preview). Holy goddamn, what a fucking fuckface. That’s the type of person who makes me want to quit gaming/modding/game dev/etc.

2 Likes

Can’t unsee

Oh wow, I didn’t even know that was a thing. I thought it was just the initial comment that made Alfred cringe. If it was just the initial comment, I’d be under the impression that he was taking it a wee bit too seriously but that guy is a total douche. Goddamn.

4 Likes

Damn, now that you mention it, the FeU preview functionality isn’t as straight-forward as I thought. I’ve added a note to the first post.

I’m looking forward to your Fartass Emblem, Klok.

1 Like

I’ll try and remember to add wacky and h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s fart sounds whenever she talks too. It’ll be great. The best ever. Coming to an LP near you roughly 2026 when Klok does LP’s again.

2 Likes

Ahahahah that’d be awesome!
Yup, whenever you want. Maybe the game will be almost finished by 2026.

2 Likes

Quite a few characters have weird names in this series, so I don’t really get why you’d think anything about Faratrass. If it bothers people that much, maybe you could change it to “Faratress” instead? Then again, it kind of sounds like “fortress” then, but I guess with the high defense it would kind of make sense. It’d also work with her harboring the demon king inside of her. She acts as a bit of a fortress to protect the people-- it’s a bit of a stretch though.

1 Like

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY BREAK THE NOSFERATU FORTRESS

no fuck you discourse i can type in all caps if i want

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the suggestion, but I’m not planning to change her name any soon. I’d rather keep my 10-years-old OC’s name and deal with all the farts and asses. :slight_smile:

I understand. There are some things that should never change. I’m sure the name “Faratrass” has some sort of sentimental value to you. Just know that it’s not necessarily a native English speaker thing to see “Fatass” though.

well fuck

2 Likes