It seems you've started something, Klok

^ Click twice to extend the preview and see the full picture! ^

LOL what’ve you done @Klokinator. Feeding the trolls with 2-3 years old posts.

Not even going to comment on “Youtube is an American company”. (facepalm)

Please, for God’s sake, tell me you don’t agree with him. I’m curious to see the American’s view on this matter.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t this be something you tell him over PM my dude?

People forget that this is a fangame of the same series that had a main character named Eliwood.

I never once read “Faratrass” as “Fatass” during my playthrough of MS, but if you’re afraid that people are doing so you could change the spelling to “Faratras” to get rid of the “ass” sequence. The “Fatass” crowd is just trolls trolling.

Now, back to eating my balanced breakfast of Raisin Bram~

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I don’t really see any sort of “English/American” bias going on here (What is that even supposed to mean?).
It’s just someone trying to be clever, tripping, and falling on their face.

3 Likes

Her name is fine, it’s just trolls.

1 Like

At least it’s not “fartass”

6 Likes

I admit I do sometimes read it as Fartass.

3 Likes

Please don’t give ME ideas. I’m not above hacking hacks to give myself a cheap laugh

To be truthful tho, I never read her name that way at all, but I am admittedly odd even by American standards.

i never had a problem reading “faratrass” before, but i am now never going to unsee fartass

2 Likes

Oh you just reminded me I need to do an MS LP where I intentionally misread her name every time and make it into a meme you’ll never be able to escape.

1 Like

…I don’t see the problem with the name “Eliwood”.

(“Dorcas”, however…)

1 Like

It’s easier for American/English native speakers to see something wrong with “Faratrass”, because there are similar, ambiguous words in their language, like “fart”, “fat”, or “ass”. Italian or French people won’t ever see anything wrong with “Faratrass”, because it doesn’t remind them of any words.

Similarly, you don’t see anything wrong with “Puledra”, despite the fact that it’s supposed to be a very ridiculous Italian name. To give you the idea, for an Italian to read “Puledra”, is like for an English reader to read “Sexhorse”.

Another example is “Lucina”. It means “Little Light” in Italian, which is kinda awkward. But it’s perfectly fine for other cultures.

These are language bias. I don’t see anything wrong with it, and it’s not racist. It’s just normal for someone to interpret the world based on their own culture, their own point of view.

Happy now? :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Also gotta rename the spell to “Circumcise”

1 Like

I noticed that there was something mildly putain-ish about Puledra FWIW

Also FWIW, though: the game itself is in English, so you should expect the Anglo bias to be strong.

Circumspice imo

edit: I just saw the full picture (extended past the FEU image preview). Holy goddamn, what a fucking fuckface. That’s the type of person who makes me want to quit gaming/modding/game dev/etc.

2 Likes

Can’t unsee

Oh wow, I didn’t even know that was a thing. I thought it was just the initial comment that made Alfred cringe. If it was just the initial comment, I’d be under the impression that he was taking it a wee bit too seriously but that guy is a total douche. Goddamn.

4 Likes

Damn, now that you mention it, the FeU preview functionality isn’t as straight-forward as I thought. I’ve added a note to the first post.

I’m looking forward to your Fartass Emblem, Klok.

1 Like

I’ll try and remember to add wacky and h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s fart sounds whenever she talks too. It’ll be great. The best ever. Coming to an LP near you roughly 2026 when Klok does LP’s again.

2 Likes

Ahahahah that’d be awesome!
Yup, whenever you want. Maybe the game will be almost finished by 2026.

2 Likes

Quite a few characters have weird names in this series, so I don’t really get why you’d think anything about Faratrass. If it bothers people that much, maybe you could change it to “Faratress” instead? Then again, it kind of sounds like “fortress” then, but I guess with the high defense it would kind of make sense. It’d also work with her harboring the demon king inside of her. She acts as a bit of a fortress to protect the people-- it’s a bit of a stretch though.

1 Like