First Time Here, Where Do I Start?

Hi, this is my first attempt to do a FE Hack(sorry if there is a more specific thread for this), and was wondering where to start?
I’ve seen a lot of stuff related to FE hacks before, and saw a really popular FE Builder thing that seemed to be used a lot, and was just wondering if there was some sort of beginner’s guide to this or if someone could give me any advice?

Right now I recommend checking out FEBuilder. Although it seems really scary going up against it for the first time, MarkyJoe made a video tutorial on just starting your first chapter. It’s currently the most comprehensive hacking tool for Fire Emblem GBA.

3 Likes

I have seen lots of people start with febuilder and regret it afterwards, febuilder edits the rom directly, but the best method we have (buildfiles) doesn’t do that, which gives several advantages.

With buildfiles you can swap things out, update engine hacks and insert stuff between other stuff without worrying about keeping track of offsets, sizes or constantly repointing, if you want to have control and are aiming for a complete project, buildfiles is the only good choice.

If you have any doubts you can join the discord and we will be glad to help.

https://tutorial.feuniverse.us/

4 Likes

FE-build-er and Buildfiles. I wonder why 2017 became the year of tools with ‘build’ in the name.

FEbuildthewall

FEBuilderGBA was created from the idea of making easy things easy.
You can change what kind of visually it is easy to understand and you do not care too much about the address.

I think that the purpose is to make a modified FE.
I think that it is good to use the easiest tool for that.

Of course, it does not have to be FEBuilderGBA.
I think you should use the tool you like.
Tool is one way to make a modified FE.

For beginners, I want you to do fun things first.
If you do something that is not funny, you will be frustrated on the way.
First, let’s change something fun and easy to understand.

It might be a change of the map.
It might be a change of battle animation.
It might be a change in portrait.
It might be a change of music.

First of all, I want you to do something that is easy to understand.
Please change the something to you and experience the success that it was reflected in the game.
Building small success leads to great success.

1 Like