FEU Tries to Balance A Pokemon Metagame

Any Pokemon that’s on the Box art, and any Pokemon called Legendary or Mythical on Bulbapedia.

1 Like

Well again that’s pretty poor terms in all honesty, in the same vein that Mew isn’t overpowering in current meta, Mega Blaziken is. Why would we set measures based on arbitrary classifications set by GF and not, well, actual ability?

2 Likes

I agree with this. After all, some Mega or regular Pokemon can be much better at their roles than another Legendary.
For example, how many times have you seen a Ferrothorn in higher tiers? Now, how many times have you seen a Registeel in that same tier? Probably much lower than Ferrothorn, no?

I think it’s just silly since Anything Goes is a tier where, well, Anything Goes. To allow only one Legendary per team would be cutting off almost all of the meta, and it’d pretty much end up as Baton Pass teams or offenses with poor substitutes like Mega Salamence and another Legendary instead of Mega Rayquaza.

Never know 'till you try, I know I have a team set up right now that’s not the average team, it checks lots of pokemon, and it only has one legendary, but it’s not invincible, also I use the rest of my team to try to fill the weaknesses of my legendary, I really feel that nothing but legendaries in a team, nearly guarantees that any other team won’t stand a chance, and the other metas have big limits (like only OUs, only UU), so I won’t say just one legendary or Mythical, but some limit on the Legendaries and/or Mythical.

1 Like

you don’t have to use just OU mons in OU, you know
the only mons not allowed in OU are Ubers
OU is just a usage cutoff for what’s banned in the LOWER tiers

1 Like

I thought we were talking about Anything Goes, not OU and UU. Why don’t we just make our own tier based on OU’s usage lists and ban/unban anything problematic?

1 Like

Why not just create a new, exciting and dynamic competitive scene for Pokemon Dash.

1 Like

This I absolutely agree with, our efforts are wasted

2 Likes

delete this thread, make way for the pokemon dash meta

Thanks because, no I didn’t know.
@serif That really feels like the way to go, but how could I make a new metagame on Showdown?

tbf even as a 8/9 year old kid I knew Pokemon Dash was a janky game to play.
Realising a game is bad feels way worse when you’re a kid compared to when you’re an adult for some reason.

and this is why VGC is the only ruleset that makes any sense to follow competitively~

VGC is either really good, or extremely wack depending on the whims of TPC thst year.

I’m not too sure myself but it has something to do with owning a Showdown server, I’ll look more into this.

I agree with this, until things like CHALK run around and then it’s not fun anymore

Glaceon where are you now?Mega%20moemon%20(fire%20red)-1

1 Like