FE Fates Discussion Topic

everything that wasn’t gaiden was a mistake

3 Likes

You mean you don’t want to play it.->True
I mean even if someone wants to play it, he cannot play it now.->True
(I am sure that there exist guys who want to have a try. Don’t look at me, I already have a JP version, so I am not one of them.)

No conflicts at all.

Hope the next FE will be released with several rating versions then everyone will enjoy it.

Other games cannot replace it because the player wants to touch his favorite character in this game instead of some unfamiliar guys in other games. Totally different things. The thought that anyone will be OK is not true.

It is not because they want to pet someone’s face but can’t do it in real life as you said that they enjoy the minigame, or they can play New Love Plus on 3ds instead which is more professional. It is because they enjoy the game, so they love the characters (not only a chess or killing tool) and want to close to them. The maker will cry if no one wants to touch them.

But you got attached to characters like Ike, Soren, Elincia, Nino, Jaffar, and so many other characters, not because you can touch them, but because they have an excellent character development.
If you read the support conversations, you learn about the characters, and how deep they are. Some conversations are funny, some are touching, but in the end all support conversations reveal the true personality of a character.

Compare the supports in FE13 with the FE6-9 supports, in FE13 most are flat, an anime rip-off. I didn’t learnt nothing about the characters, and I’ve read almost all supports (Except S supports, because I’m too lazy to start the game again -w-) and all the supports are based on the stereotype of the character.
I thought Severa was a complex character, hiding something behind that anger. But she’s just another plain tsundere.

You don’t need to pet or touch characters to feel close to them, you need a good development and more complex personalities and a medium to see that personality being expressed.
I don’t know if the supports are good or bad in FE14, I haven’t read any (Except the “drug abduction” with Soleil), and it wouldn’t surprise me if they are the same like in FE13.

5 Likes

What about TRS? That’s pretty much Gaiden 2 : p

1 Like

So we got a confirmation that the live2d models are still in. You go to the room, they say a few sentences, slight support bonus. Excellent.

1 Like

I prefer this to the weird petting thing

rip dual audio

We’ve got trouble

So now gameplay is removed, without the bonus for doing it being removed as well.
It’s almost worse.

As someone who is looking into professional entertainment development, and as a creative person in general, there’s something you really have to sit down and ask yourself as you create something.

It’s, “what does this add”. I definitely believe that perfection is not when there’s nothing to add, but nothing to take away. If overall, the removal of the content has no effect other than “The game has less things in it” then it’s importance in the first place is debatable at best.

The feature’s only purpose was to satisfy the lonely young men of Japan who want to “feel closer” to their digital companions. As an aspect of the game, personally I feel it shouldn’t have ever been added in the first place, and in the hands of a competent developer it wouldn’t have been added. Or it would’ve been done a lot better.

(Potential example of a game doing it right? Despite my opinions being of the contrary, popular consensus of Bioware and their Mass Effect games do the relationship aspect rightly. You get the depth of your characters, not only in the sense of who they are to and with you, in the relationship, but also who they are as a person outside of the relationship. The intimacy is there and isn’t too excessive or degrading to either party and I’d assume is either skippable or not necessary to get bonuses within the game, or at least it was the former in their other title: SWTOR.)

(You can claim it makes you feel closer to the character, and thus serve a purpose in that regard, but in all fairness it doesn’t add anything more than what cut-scenes and support conversations already do. It doesn’t make sense in a period perspective and it doesn’t make sense in a physical sense, you’re not getting anything out of it unless you want to live out your fantasies of fondling a character you’ve grown attached to, which is a damn good sign that you need to get out more.
The series has been fine without it so far, it’s removal now isn’t going to be a game-breaker except for the bottom-feeders.)

If you’re so keen to flick your bean then there’s a literal shit-tonne of Hentai out there that can facilitate your every disturbing need, no need to put it where it don’t belong, mate.

8 Likes

I don’t know if the whole petting thing being removed but replaced with cutscenes that have dialogue is such a bad thing, it preserves some of the stuff while removing the weird petting thing

And it’s not like we’re missing out on a critical element of the game either, and this is a much better outcome than just removing it completely.

3 Likes

If you find perfection when there’s nothing left to take away, you’re left with a very streamlined experience. That’s all well and good if you’re looking for it, but there are many who would disagree. Part of the joy of worldbuilding is making things that serve no purpose whatsoever, and have nothing to do with anything else. Something like Xenoblade chronicles X would be a lot drier (and I probably wouldn’t have spent 500+ hours in it) if it was done to your ideal.
My point ultimately boils down to this:
The creator made something. Other people then came along and removed parts of it, with nothing to make up for it. It is both insulting to the creator and an affront to the people who consume what the creator made. I cannot in good conscience support it.
Time to bust out the hook and the eyepatch

First of all, if petting characters is your idea of world-building then I sincerely don’t want to continue this conversation in efforts to prevent me from catching whatever idiocy you have.

Fire Emblem has always been a point a to b game, it’s world building has always been in it’s cutscenes and supports, y’know, actual world and character building?
As for your example of Xenoblade, I spent 500 hours in Battlefield which has no world-building and is incredibly stream-lined and straight forward, your point is conjecture and doesn’t amount to a worthwhile argument at all, for your case or any.

Also, there is something to make up for it, if what other people have said in this very topic is to be considered accurate.

So this idea that we’re losing anything substantial is exacerbated and does nothing but fool people into thinking it’s more than it is.

2 Likes

I think?

I couldn’t find the right words for what I was thinking, so yeah.
Maybe I’ll come back in ten once I find the right ones and change it, or fuck it.
Either way, it’s blegh.

Basically, it’s just that thing that happens when people get offended or upset, they tend to cry foul and make the situation worse and then when people see it they’re misinformed as to the aspects of the situation.
Something like that. I’m too hungry to think straight.

Does pizza count towards my five-a-day?

Oh people overreacting to things without knowing everything about the situation?

Pizza is always okay

Yeah, but also sort of the catalyst as well, the people who are upset and make the issue bigger than it is, for whatever reason they have.
Like anti-vaxxors and the soccer-mums who always complain about the sex and violence in movies and video games. The only thing coming to mind is the expression “the squeakiest wheel gets the most oil” which I don’t think works for what I’m trying to say, but eh. Eh. ECH.

You have not got my point yet. If you dislike the minigame, just let it alone. You don’t need to pay extra money for it. You will lose nothing and continue your game. I just think it is better to leave the choice to customors. After all, you lose nothing but others lose something. Don’t be so self-centered.

Do you know the fan culture in jp? Doujinshi, figma, cosplay and many other ways which fans used to express their love to a character. If you are sick at the content of a doujin manga and think it a blasphemy to your holy FE, you can choose not to read them, but you have no right to blame them. Such a simple thing.

(What’s more, I think the animes without any fan service become less and less now. You cannot ignore customers when making a game which you need to sell to them. It is not a game hack just to satisfy yourself. Even if a hentai wants to buy your game, will you refuse the money?)

As for the rating, I don’t know much of it but I think it is a professional organization who gave it. It is not true that Nintendo/IS said which rating it was so it was. I believe the professional stuff know it better than us. Even if you think they are wrong, you can choose not to buy it for your kids.

I disagree with the view that the game leads players to criminal. You feel free to kill lots of people with knives but gulty of just touching you waifu’s face in your own room. She enjoys it too. It is not the player who takes them by force. You can also regard it as a unique way of communication in a fantasy.

1 Like

MFW I actually find facepetting p. relaxing and I actually do it to my ladyfriend and she enjoys it…

:hushed:

1 Like

Man, you’re giving exaggerated and pointless statements.
According by your logic, all games without petting systems are bad in a way or another.
You would feel guilty by playing Mario, because you’re killing animals.
You would feel guilty by playing Splatoon, because you’re polluting the water with ink.
An so on.

I agree that Japan has a lot of thing oriented to single man, and nobody is forced to buy or see those thing. But in this game you don’t have the option (In the Japanese version) to buy the game without the fanservice.
As I said before, it would be better if IS/Nintendo sells the fanservice as DLC, so only people who wants those things will buy it.

Ghast is a closet weeb confirmed

3 Likes