FE Fates Discussion Topic

she’s real ok

3 Likes

I don’t mean that you cannot kill people in a game. I mean that don’t be so serious in a game and exaggerate a relaxing minigame.

I don’t know if you have played it but it is not forced to touch your wife. You can also just ignore them. Your wife won’t come to touch you herself! Even you can remove the Room from your castle and reset it if you want. It is free. You can also develop the support in a traditional way.

PS: I hate the arena in GBAFE and just won’t touch it again. No need of a no-arena version.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb
just install that desktop app and pet them on your PC

https://www youtube.com/watch?v=SW57zNOQvKg&feature=youtu.be

because youtube embeds are broke still, here’s a video of what we got instead of the petting

That’s the point. Why do I have to pay for a thing that I won’t use?
And sure, you can say that those things are extra, don’t use them, blah blah blah, but I’m not comfortable with buying a fanservice-waifu-simulator disguised as a Fire Emblem.
At this point I’m only willing to buy the game because of my stupid collector complex.

During my time playing an MMO almost like a job, I’ve been exposed to the problem in development in regards to developmental resources.
When an MMO would release something new that wasn’t substantial or amounted to anything worthwhile there’d be uproar in the comments because those resources could have been applied to something better.
If this feature is wholly ignorable, doesn’t amount to anything and it’s purpose being fulfilled elsewhere in the game, then it’s a waste. Imagine if those resources were applied to something that amounted to something, added something to the game in a positive way, something that’s likely to make the game move forward in standards, increase in quality and quantity and not turn the game into a fetish visual-novel.

Also, to respond to your PS, the arena and face-petting aren’t comparable at all.
The former serves a unique purpose, multiplayer. It adds playability and competition, it actually adds something to the game.
Face-petting does nothing in comparison.

Also, I’m just going to put it out there.
I don’t care either way, honestly.
If they left it in, meh, if they took it out, meh.
I partly like playing devil’s advocate, partly like arguing with idiot-cunts and mostly like to bring a side of the argument that’s not considered much when it comes to the gaming community at large.

It is only a gift. Don’t need to pay money. But if it is a DLC as you said, things are totally different. If you think you paid for that, then it is removed and sold as DLC, you will need to pay twice.

No, it is only a waste of time. Repeated work lacks strategy.[quote=“NICKT, post:148, topic:1452”]
I partly like playing devil’s advocate, partly like arguing with idiot-cunts and mostly like to bring a side of the argument that’s not considered much when it comes to the gaming community at large.
[/quote]
Then you met me.

I genuinely wonder if you actually know and/or believe what you’re saying…

I never said that waifu petting was worldbuilding, I said that part of what makes worldbuilding fun is things that serve no point whatsoever. [spoiler=Not important, but interesting.]Although if you want to get technical, it actually does help flesh out characters. At least one enjoys her armor being touched more than other places, and there are other examples.[/spoiler]

Second. FE has always been character driven. From the very beginning, your units weren’t just dudes you could send into the blender willy nilly, they’ve always had names and faces. It has always been a game where you could decide to use the characters you liked. The plot also drives the gameplay, the world dictates how you’re fighting. That one chapter in either PoR or RD with the priests was very much worldbuilding.

Third. You also have to take a step back and consider that people play video games for different reasons. Some people play to be the best at them, some people play for the story, some people play for the characters. To say that you spent 500+ hours in battlefield means that it had something that you enjoyed enough to last you that long. It had the right blend of whatever to suit your tastes. To say that because it’s not something you enjoy it doesn’t need to be there is both arrogant and narrow minded.

And for the final point, now instead of working for the character interaction, it’s handed to you on a silver platter. Instead of being a minigame, it’s a cutscene. They have removed gameplay and thus reduced interactivity, the cornerstone of what sets video games apart from other media.

1 Like

I only wonder if you enjoy acting as a Misaka-anti. If I offened you somewhere else in the past, let me know.

I lost my mind when I saw those today.

Yes, I agree with the latter but you said that in defense of the face-petting, which isn’t world building, thus contradicting the former.

An entire mechanic, days and days of effort and money just to convey something that would’ve taken one or two lines of text. For what benefit?
And what’s the extent of it’s capabilities? Beyond “where does this girl wanna be touched”? It offers nothing substantial.

Most stories are character driven, so it’s an unnecessary statement, but I suppose you can consider it in regards to the thin plots as the characters being the meat of the game. Which is why the Radiant Duology is so good, they tried a little bit more meat on the bone.
You know how you got to know more about the characters? Supports. You saw them interacting with other characters, people with different personalities, bringing out different aspects of each other. Face-petting does not offer that level of interaction and character building.
And again, you’re bringing up things that don’t really play into your argument, or are points that I already agree with. If you’ve got next to nothing then just go with that, don’t add in this extra bullshit to sideline.
Also, yet again, you establish worldbuilding as something worthwhile, WHICH I HAVE NOT DISAGREED WITH.

Arrogant and narrow minded? See, I think you must have hit your head because you’re seeing things that I’m not implying or saying.
My point with Battlefield was that a personal experience is just that, and can be seldom used to really justify an argument in these cases. You brought forth your personal experience as to how Fire Emblem needs this “face-petting world building” because it increases longevity, along with a unnecessary boast on your part, so I rebutted with a personal experience as well that cancelled out yours. Games need a bunch of different aspects to succeed, I know that, you might not, I don’t care.

You say I’m arrogant and narrow minded when all I’ve said essentially is that face-building is not world-building and thus isn’t at all covered by the bullshit you’re spewing. You keep throwing whatever you can to defend your points of view but they don’t hold water and you’re floundering. Go hard or go home, I’m sick of you all being dumb-cunts.

So you consider tapping a person on a screen a worthwhile method of interactivity? That’s literally colouring book level of bullshit, right there. You know what other game has girl-tapping? Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, but at least for that I could whip my cock out and pump a few, I’d wager that as a lot more interactivity than this.
I am literally dumbfounded as to how you feel this was a valid point, I’m flabbergasted, completely.
How dare they remove the person-touching gameplay in my military simulation role-playing game, how dare they!
And I’d rather take a detailed, well-written cutscene over some shallow gameplay anyday. The shit you’re talking about right now is why there are so many games with QTE. Remember “Press X to Pay Respects”? That’s the kind of fucking bullshittery you’re whinging about right now with that last remark.

Also, for my final point, how many games during development take out features?
For financial reasons, time, maybe it didn’t work out, they couldn’t get it done or it didn’t flow in the game, are you going to complain about all of those things as well? They removed something in development, oh woe the game is less and it sucks.
You know what a real example of that is? KOTOR II, a game that had a legitimate issue with the removal of content.
You’ve scraped your knee and are screaming like you’ve lost your damn leg.

ACTUALLY, you know what? Make this the final point:
Ah, there we go, I just got done completing my well thought out battle tactic that took 30 turns, killed about 100 enemy soldiers who probably had families, lives of their own and were only fighting because they wanted to do what they thought was the right thing, well, guess I’m gonna go fucking poke that girl I like until she tells me she likes being poked in her armour. Even though if it was good armour she shouldn’t really feel much of it, right? Maybe you’ve got dirty hands and she wants you to fuck off.

1 Like

It’s confirmed that we STILL have skinship.
We just can’t rub them lewdly now much to our misfortune (or mine)

a bit late to the party bro

And I’m saying that it is. That’s why I’m arguing this particular point. This is how the developers intended for you to get to know the characters. This is how they chose to do their character development.

Worthwhile doesn’t factor into it.
And I’m not arguing for more interactivity, I’m arguing against removing the interactivity that is there.

The most essential point is here. This is not a game in development. This is a completed game. The entire game is, start to finish, done. The issue is with removing content when it is being released elsewhere. I’ve been given a barbie doll with a peg leg that I can get elsewhere with two legs intact.

After several months of our campaign, I’ve started to develop feelings for this guy. I’ve fought alongside him, I’ve learned his likes and dislikes, he consoled me after I was forced to kill my little sister, and I’m thinking of marrying him. But GOD FUCKING FORBID I touch his face. Because that would be creepy and wrong.

You cherry-picked three lines and a paragraph…

You know what, fuck it. Go fuck yourself.
Not worth the time or effort.

1 Like

I was originally going to go through the entire list, but then [quote=“NICKT, post:153, topic:1452”]
And again, you’re bringing up things that don’t really play into your argument, or are points that I already agree with. If you’ve got next to nothing then just go with that, don’t add in this extra bullshit to sideline.
[/quote]
I’m trying to keep my points short and simple, so there’s no room to misconstrue them, but here goes.

Devoting days of effort and money implies that they found it worthwhile to do their worldbuilding this way. These two together is like saying that flowers aren’t important to a plant’s function, then expressing confusion as to why they take up so many resources. It’s ignoring the reason something exists, then asking why it exists.

Story driven, the story drives the characters, character driven, the characters drive the story. PoR was pretty well written, but RD was all over the place

You also get to know the characters in terms of the story. You get to see how everything around them affects them, and how (at least the main characters) they change what the outcome is. It’s not just about face petting, it’s about one on one interaction, between the character and you/your self insert.

You’re basically saying your vision of how a game should be is how FE14 should be, elsewise why would have you brought up the whole thing about “nothing left to take away”

The personal experience was a counterpoint to your vision of how a game should be created, and how a game made to your ideal wouldn’t be the kind of game me or someone like me would want to play. Your rebuttal only strengthens my argument that there are many different kinds of people who play video games, and what’s a perfect game for one person may be a boring slog for another.

I say you’re arrogant and narrow minded for the above stated reasons. I’ve also said that face rubbing is indeed worldbuilding and that it is how the developers intended for you to get to know the characters. You are ignoring the central point (again) and thus left in confusion as to the function of the argument.

I never said anything about worthwhile, I said that it was there as the developers intended, and then it was removed.

You’ll have to hook me up with that some time.

Again, it’s how it was developed. My argument is simply against the removal of said feature, and how it is part of what the developers wanted.

No arguments there. Making something a QTE for the sake of having a QTE is kinda ass.

The problem here is that it isn’t a game in development. Something that was taken out “in development” is gone from the game for everyone. No one can go into the store or online and get a copy that has those features. It’s a shame when it does happen though.

I’ve been told to accept 90% of a product when others can get 100% for the same price.

After a long day of battle, I’ve called one of the members of my army to my quarters. She’s been having some trouble in battle and has been really feeling down about the whole thing. I’ve decided to give her some one on one time with her commander, so we can talk things through, and so I can comfort her. After all, your commander takes your life into their hands every day, so knowing that they not only care generally, but care for you specifically is a reassuring thought.

How could I, when my static doubles partner is going to be using Corrin and our team combos look sa-weet.

Anyway, the only thing I’m upset about is wasting adorable voicing. Wasting cuteness isn’t generally acceptable by me. Just… THE VOICING. THINK OF THE LINES NOT HAD ;_;. (I’ve actually played through some of FEif on my sister’s Japanese 3ds, and can confirm, the attack stance/guard stance as well as skills are really well balanced.)

As we say here, “se te fue la olla” (The english equivalent would be “You just went full retard”)
I would agree if they were REAL HUMANS.
But that’s not the case, they’re fictional characters with pre programmed reactions. They aren’t sentient beings, they don’t feel anything, they just pretend to feel something because they’re programmed in that way.
They don’t feel remorse for “killing somebody”, they don’t feel the joy of companionship, it’s all in your mind.

Even the reactions aren’t natural or real, most people won’t let a random dude rub their faces, especially if it’s a random person they just met the day before.

But if you think those characters are real and they have feelings for you, I won’t judge you, but I’ll just waste my time trying to argue with a person like you.

Actually all of the ink canonically disappears after a match, so you don’t need to worry about this.

If they’re fictional characters, with nothing beyond what it is programmed, then why is it a problem if it exists? It hurts no one.

Also those paragraphs were for descriptive purposes, and to contrast with the quoted parts directly above them.

Actually it can hurt people, mentally.
Just look the number of random dudes that get married with pillows and virtual girls. But that’s a totally different topic to discuss and it’s no related to FE.

2 Likes