FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

This is absolutely amazing. However, I ran some tests and found something wrong with the lance animation. For some reason, the enemy disappears at the end of the lance animation and the game freezes.

1 Like

Does anyone think this needs more editing?
Lyn2

2 Likes

ask #spritans in the discord

1 Like

I dislike the outline color and orange instead of red, as well as the brighter hair color. Eldritch Abomination already made a FE8 colored Lyn, so just use that.

I tried it out just now. Ran into the same issue. Very strange, no idea what causes it. Maybe itā€™s because the lance animation is very close to that 23,000 OAM limit, but it appears even when the other party in battle is using an animation that uses very little OAM.

EDIT:

It uses too much OAM, Iā€™ll have to fiddle around/delete some frames.

EDIT 2:
I removed some frames and tested the results. It seems that the lance animation no longer breaks. I updated the dropbox-link to reflect this change. If any1 has already downloaded the animation, please make sure to replace the 2. Lance directory with the new one in the dropbox.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been wanting that as well. Maybe based off his Legendary variant from Heroes, but in sprite form. His promotion is a pretty big disappointment

Holy crap this looks awesome!

1 Like

If yaā€™ll are gonna make a T2 Roy, maybe use this as the base?

Itā€™s the Phoenix Wright RF animation, by Blaze, in the repo. Ask Blaze for permission to edit, naturally.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the point, Roy didnā€™t deserve essentially his base class with unhinged stat caps.

Thatā€™s exactly what iā€™m looking for, like his legendary alt from heroes.

Yo!
The Axem Rangers have finally arrived in Fire Emblem!

1 Like

My mages will finally be able to have academic discussions about magic in a library!

2 Likes

Is the seraph knight animations free to use? i canā€™t find the in the repo.

Itā€™s unfinished IIRC.

Wow, thatā€™s amazing! That kind of thing you didnā€™t know you wanted xD Good job! I love the gray palette, itā€™s giving me the lich king vibe xD

1 Like

Just a small suggestion but if youā€™re adding additional buildings you could afford to add red roofed small houses so they work as smaller villages functionally. Similar to the plains tileset.

4 Likes

I recall thereā€™s already a -very- basic Kishuna magic animation in the repo, so this looks like a solid upgrade. Nice work as always, Spud.

Edit: Iā€™m thinking of Brammimond, apparently, not Kishuna. Whoopsies!

4 Likes

Just throwing out that I updated the Pegasus Knight Staff animations to fix that first frame where the lance is still present. Should use the same Dropbox links from when I first uploaded them.

1 Like

Hey all. I am new to this thread and recently started doing pixel art in the style of FE 6, 7, and 8. I have looked at the sprites in this thread and everything looks amazing!! I wanted to see if anyone has any tips, tricks, or tutorials for anyone when making FE sprites and animating said sprites? Thanks, guys!!

1 Like

So thatā€™s where Marthā€™s pants went.

3 Likes