FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

We’re waiting on Shin to return and run his little website collater program. I’ll keep those anims in mind specifically just to be sure though!

3 Likes

I kinda missed some >.< here’s some more:
Edit: There seems to be a lot of “undefined undefined” animations, which are mostly spells. This includes Exaccus and other spells, so it may be an issue to get them all. oof

undefined1

1 Like

Magic animations will always look ugly and broken. That they’re even on the site at all is a small blessing. I’m not surprised they broke entirely haha

3 Likes

Aaaaaand that’s as far as the discussion needed to go in public, based on how it played out. I’ve already spoken to both of you privately, and subsequent to that I’m removing the ensuing discussion on the subtopic. I do wish you two could have resolved your differences more peacefully.

(Also, I’m a forum mod now. Hi!)

13 Likes

hum, no offense, but the wave attack from the black knight is red in path of radiance.
Gurgurant is the golden one if I remember correctly.

But hey it’s your choice, just pointing that out in case you want to go with the original colors (since you made Ragnell’s wave blue).

Spell

Does this look like the correct color for Alondite? I want to know so that I may properly classify each of the sword wave animations.

Edit: The blue sword wave actually fits both Ragnell AND Alondite in Radiant Dawn. What was the color of Ragnell’s sword wave in Path of Radiance? I’ll see if I can make a recolor for it.

1 Like

If you want an exact hue, here it is in image, although it’s a bit bright, the hue is actually turquoise, not light or dark blue. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/7/78/FE9_Ragnell_Ranged.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140214221522

Check a video on youtube for yourself.

Spell Spell

I recolored Ragnell and Alondite. How do they look?

4 Likes

First one is blinking, second one isn’t. Not sure if that’s even an issue but my seizure senses are spinning.

Spell

I fixed Ragnell

1 Like

No problem, I made Ragnell’s an indigo tint based on FE10 which I think is correct? I couldn’t remember Alondite’s off the top of my head and couldn’t be bothered to look it up but it’s all F2U and F2E of course so I’m glad you all are tweaking the colors to your liking.

Take a good look at the feet of your animation. They are very ‘jumpy.’ They aren’t stabilized properly, and you can tell by the shadow. This causes the warrior to shift around erratically by a pixel or two whenever he attacks.

It’s a bit hard to explain, but I see a little bit of shiftage from right to left.

5 Likes

I was trying out sliding the character by a pixel or two every few frames (For example during the axe windup) to make it look more “natural”, to avoid a problem I had at first where the battle animations I made were dangerously close to “Dude just moving his arm for ten frames, then just stepping forward like a robot”. But if it doesn’t look good, I’ll avoid it in the future.

Thanks for the feedback XD.

4 Likes

If the body is rotating slightly when he shifts to the side then it looks more natural but overall I have to agree with Klokinator. If you want him to shift then there should be some sort of visible foot/leg movement to make it look more believable, otherwise it kinda looks like he’s moonwalking.

4 Likes

I do agree, the shifting seems odd/floaty. Otherwise, I really like what you did here! Good job! Say, is this animation free-to-edit?

3 Likes

Completely!. Just be sure to give credit.

1 Like

Ultimately, it’s exciting to have a Reaver animation :star_struck:

1 Like

I would like to get the foot shifting changed before putting it in the repo, since it’s inconsistent with other battle sprites. Even if it’s intentional, it breaks the GBA conventions.

Can I get you to fix it when you have time?

1 Like

Sure, just give me a few days in case my internet breaks down again XD.
I’m going to sleep by the way. It’s 4:13 AM here :v

2 Likes

uh not to be rude or anything but you kinda forgot to post the link

2 Likes