Animation Directory

The sound effects in there already were supposed to be for the rune.
The first one was building up magic and the second was unleashing it for the spell.
None of the magic SFX commands i tried really fit in the animation so i had to go with the wing flapping noise
It felt like a stupid idea, but worked better than i thought it would

What was the sound effect used for Arch’s imported Mage Knight or Erk in EN? I think it was the Archesage … flash??? sound? try that maybe

1 Like

N-no h-hard feelings senpai :frowning:

I mean I like yours, and tbh I like the idea of it being armored, but this one also looks pretty cool too. Maybe a new type of mounted magic user?

2 Likes

Here’s something I would’ve released way back in November if hadn’t forgotten about it.

This is a revision to the Berserker’s palette. The two differences are:

1. The horns aren’t skin coloured, so that you can make a dark-skinned (or any colour, actually) Berserker without having to mess up the horns.
  2. It’s completely compatible with the Warrior’s palette, so you can make Army palettes more easily.

Report to me any problems immediately please.

Download

5 Likes

Apparently I never submitted this long ago. I have a very minor modification for the Troubadour class.

Troubadour with Long Hair:

Click here for download

Our Troubadour has long hair and doesn’t have any headgear so I made a quick animation for it. Feel free to use it, credit goes to me I guess, even though it’s such a minor thing.

4 Likes

Oops I forgot the FERecolor files.
.dat File

(Place the png in the “battle_sprites” folder and the .dat file in “data” -> “sprites”)

2 Likes

I have another set of Troubadour recolors to submit. The archive includes both Ponytail (FE6) and Longhaired (custom) variants.

Click here for the download.

The recolor works with characters of both light and dark skintones, though darker skintones will probably need to use a darker colored horse due to sharing a single color with the rider’s skintone. It also makes the shoulder armor the sprite has more visible and can be colored in any way you want.

4 Likes

That’s awesome, congrats! :smiley:
What about a long-haired peg knight?

As it turns out, the rider on the vanilla peg knight sprites actually does have long hair, or at least shoulder-length hair. It’s usually obscured by the rider’s spear arm or the pegasus’s wing but looking at the frames it is there.

I might try and work on a Knight recolor next because the Knight has at least 2, maybe 3 unused colors in its palette and those colors could do wonders in allowing better coloration on the Knight. Currently, I feel like the Knight is one of the hardest animations to give a decent custom palette to due to the way it’s sprited.

3 Likes

I finished up that Knight recolor:

Click here for the download.

It now takes advantage of all of the colors in the palette and reorganizes them so that you have a little bit more freedom when coloring a knight. The package includes only Lance and Unarmed animations because I’ve only recolored what I’ve needed for Awful Emblem so far. I might look into doing sword/axe/bow at a later time. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Thank you. The normal pallete is impossible to work with. If it’s alright with you I’ll try my hand at putting the pallete edit into the axe armor in the directory.

Sure thing, go right ahead! If it helps, the big changes I made were that the spear shaft uses the two unused colors in the palette, and the helmet and gauntlets now match the armor color. The trim color is left purely as trim and not used in any other place with the exception of the kneepads that you can see in a couple moving frames. Just follow along with the frames I included in the package and you’ll surely be able to make a recolor along their lines.

I remade the Troubadour so that it works under the same palette as my dark knight

Includes generic palettes and stave, sword, and disarmed animations
Also compatible with Sniper, Sage, and Swordmaster palettes

3 Likes

@Blademaster @Primefusion @dancer_A
Any animators want to help with with our forum hack? We need a few animations but realized we don’t have enough animators…

(Also you should all frequent the Discord)

#discordshilling

lol I’m no animator. All I’ve done is put an axe on a cav

3 Likes

i am an animation scripter, not an animator
so idk if I can help much

In 2002 hacking terms, you’re like a god of spriting or something.

1 Like

Finally off school for the summer so I’m going to start playing around with hacking again. Made these a while back and figured I should upload them.

Bow animation for transporter/Merlinus:

Its pretty simple, but it works and I like it.

Berzerker Edit/Heavy Sword User:

Started out trying to make some kind of custom, armored infantry unit with a big ass sword but I bailed on that and ended up with an armored berzerker sword edit. Not sure what this could be used for, but I figured I’d share it anyway.

5 Likes

Elder Bael Fix

This fix gives the bael spider a ranged animation and generic palettes

6 Likes