The Divine Twins' War (v1.1.1; Ch31 complete)

From what I can tell, Albert gets the stats he had in Act 1 when you recruit him in Act 2, while Oscar and Elaine don’t. I’m not sure why this is, but I’m trying to fix it.

And yeah, 15 turns is a bit too harsh when the boss is that tough. I’m going to be nerfing the Chapter 16 boss and increasing the turn limit.

The problem isn’t the turn limit, it’s the game constantly spamming reinforcements that makes the map slog, especially when there’s a lot of 1-2 range so EPing is a bit more difficult (without Greg). I was already at the boss room pretty early but I reinforcements just wouldnt stop coming out of the left side and it was really annoying.

Quick question: What do you mean by EPing? Maybe I’m just tired, but I’m not sure what that means.

Enemy Phasing. Which is just handling the enemies attacking on enemy phase.

Not really related, but I replayed it, and it feels like the map wants you to EP and not EP at the same time, with the physic priests and the raw amount of enemies it just keeps chucking at you even when a lot of your units just can’t keep up. The physic priests drag it on for longer than it needs to be, honestly, and removing them would only be a benefit.

v.07 is now released, bringing the most recent chapter up to 17! …Which is actually 16x, but renumbered.

I finished my spring semester of college, so I’ve finally had time to work more on this hack!

I sadly don’t have any new content added in this patch. Instead, I went back and fixed a bunch of issues with previous chapters that stemmed from my inexperience, most of which were in Valeria’s story.
(The big changes were making Chapter 4 less tedious and getting rid of Chapter 9 altogether, but plenty of smaller changes have been made. The details on what got changed are in the Changelog.)

2 Likes

v.08 has now been released!
This patch brings a few of new characters, a new Respite chapter, the return of some old friends, and two new maps (which are probably the best I’ve created yet, if I do say so myself!)

2 Likes

19 chapters out of how many?? is this complete??

It’s not complete yet. (Hence the WIP (Work In Progress) in the page’s heading.)

I’m honestly not sure exactly how many chapters this will be. I’ve got a pretty good idea of what I want to have happen, but I’m still improvising a fair amount. I’d say the hack’s half to two-thirds of the way done (leaning more towards two-thirds), but I can’t give any exact number.

1 Like

After replacing the rom hack
Loading chapters will glitch the game

And somehow theres a ch 19x in the menu which has oscar and elaine with levels in arc 1
But that totally skipped the new chapters

(Loaded a save state and retrying prison chap now)

That’s very strange. I know I messed around with some earlier chapters, but I don’t think I did anything that should’ve caused it to crash or skip straight to 19x.

(Maybe one of chapters I saved got changed chapter number into 19x’s? Like the prison chap)

After using that save state the prison chap is normal (and updated)

Riiiight, that’s what happened. I did that while working on v.07, so I forgot about it.

feedbacks:
units:
nicole’s base stats are lower than generic npc peg knights in same level except defense
chloe’s speed is too low for a lv7 unit, not included the 6 con (unless u meant for her to be a armor knight-type)
mages’ defense bases are…very low too (dunno if you intended to make pegasus and mages unable to survive 2 physical hits)

the new chapters:
ch18: wouldn’t say that’s one of the best chapters in this hack imo, it’s just ballllllllistas and enemy reinforcement waves*n + a boss (and the reinforcements are of the same class on each side, making it more like a DEF unit solo than a chap)
but the forewarn about the 2 recruitables feels nice being a helpful tip tho

ch19: actually pretty easy if the player has a lv20 (or promoted) unit to sweep the bosses (not you edrick, a lv15 sword unit with 9 spd only)
in any case they are all stationary so the chap never gave me the vibe of rush hour as the story suggested, plus they are pretty easy to cheese (with bow, tome and rescue), the reinforcements are easily dealt with (except 14 spd archers that are more like a prank for players)
the gameplay doesn’t quite match what Edrick suggested, npc units can take care of attackers very well so absolutely no need for player to send help, and you can just turtle the 3 bosses (meanwhile right part of the map has no use at all) , making the chap not challenging in any ways.
plus, player might get screwed if he placed edrick in wrong places when defeating the third boss (btw that’s 5 generals in total, not 4)

promotions: promoted palettes are not yet finished, despite the large exp gain in this hack
and halberdier promotion bonus only 7 con

Edrick has a 60% speed growth. I feel like he should have better speed than that. (Maybe I should buff his growths again?)

Also, I’m a dumbass and completely forgot to have Rodin show up on a timer so the player can’t take their time too much. And I guess I just got RNG-screwed during my playtesting, because the ally units weren’t doing too great for me, Willow excluded.

Do you think I should make the bosses less cheesable by giving equipping them with a Spear/Tomahawk and/or making them move?

(Also, there being 5 generals instead of 4 is intentional. Nicole tells Edrick when she arrives that they missed one- namely the Falcon Knight, since he flew over their scouts without them noticing.)

oh
maybe my luck with his speed problems, 60 spd growth is much higher than enough
or did you buff his speed recently? it feels like when I level him up his speed growths were much worse

I think adding the Rodin timer would be enough to force the players not to turtle
the bosses already have 2 range weapons so I guess it’s fine, cheesing them with rescue/drop so they won’t switch to 2 range weapons is just like how you can play in vanilla

Maybe I’ll change the Falcon Knight’s weapon to a spear, since he’s tactically minded, while leaving the Warrior with what he has, since he’s all about power. (And also that way you can’t bow down the Falcon Knight without at least SOME risk.)

Also yeah, I did buff Edrick’s speed not long ago. But even before that, it still had a 50% growth.

v.08.1 is now up!
This patch’s sole purpose was to make Chapter 19 more difficult and more interesting. In summary, the bosses are harder to handle and are more unique in their behavior, and the ally units are less useful so defending the objective is a bigger priority. Also, I actually remembered to trigger the pseudo time limit that the characters in-game talked about in v.08 as an actual turn-based event.

v.09 is now up!
This patch brings one new character, two new chapters, four new weapons, an event battle at the end of Valeria’s story, and a new title for the hack!

I figured “The Gaelan War” is kind of a boring, somewhat generic title. “The Divine Twins’ War” sounds much cooler, and is no less accurate.

By the way, starting in Chapter 15, you can choose “Consult” from the “Strategy” menu (FE7 Augury mechanic) to get a better idea of what the chapter may bring about. Sometimes a chapter might have a twist in it which you won’t know to prepare for otherwise! And it doesn’t cost a single gold to use, either.
(This has actually been a thing in this hack since v.06, but I don’t know if anyone’s seen it and I’d be sad if I put all this work into them just for no one to notice they exist.)

v.09.1 is now up!
I kinda forgot to include non-generic boss dialogue for Chapter 21. I had it written, but forgot to actually include it.
I also changed a couple Soldiers to Pegasus, because I’d meant to do that earlier and forgot about it, too.

1 Like

v.10 is now up!
This patch brings two new chapters, a new playable character, and a couple new characters who will be playable starting in the next patch.

Speaking of the next patch, the next chapter is going to be 23x, yet another Respite chapter. I’ve already got some character interactions planned (which can already be seen in the Respite Guide), but I’d like to include more than what I’ve thought of. If anyone has an idea for an interaction they’d like to see between playable characters (or just characters you want to see interact), let me know!

1 Like