The Divine Twins' War (v1.1.1; Ch31 complete)

v.14.2
Hey, remember those generic enemies I messed up in v.14 and had to fix in v.14.1? Yeah, well, I missed one. Thanks to @Popman08 for pointing them out. They have now been fixed as well.

@pengie9290 you are welcome. I am enjoy this game.

v.15 is now up!
This patch adds Chapter 28 (obligatory boat chapter ftw), and fixes a problem with a custom weapon’s durability.

Admittedly, there isn’t a lot in this patch. The reason for this is that I’m honestly not entirely sure how I want to proceed from here. How I want the plot to go, how many chapters are left, etc. With how much brainstorming I have to do- and school not giving me as much time as I’d like to do it- I felt it’d be best to post what I have before going on a potential hiatus.

As always, I love to receive feedback, so if you have any thoughts or ideas you’d like to share (especially for respite chapter conversations) please feel free to do so here or in the Discord server!

3 Likes

Dear author, your revision of the Twins’War is really a very good fire pattern revision, my friends and I like it very much, but I still hope to put forward some bugs, hope to get your response.

First, if the dialog in the second round of Episode 23 is skipped, the Dragon Knight boss may disappear and the “defeat all bosses” level cannot be achieved

Second, valkyries in section B of Chapter 25 will now have the same stats as those in chapter 19 if spoken in this chapter, while my friend who spoke outside of chapter 25 will receive the same stats as in chapter 25.

Third, section C of Chapter 25 cannot reach the location of the Reinforce in the upper left corner.

Fourth, there will be a bug that character attributes will be lost after 25 uploads

I used translation software to translate, there may be some improper language organization, please forgive me

Thank you very much for playing!

The translation software you used did not translate your feedback very well, but I think I understand it well enough to have a basic idea of what to fix. (If you could explain each problem in more detail, it might be helpful.)

v.16 is now up!
This patch adds Chapters 29 and 30, some new characters (two of which are unique classes), some new weapons, and a new custom enemy class!

But most importantly, barring potential bugfix patches, the next patch will be v1.0! This hack’s development has reached the final stretch!

6 Likes

VERSION 1.0, THE FINISHED* VERSION OF THE HACK, IS NOW COMPLETE!
*(There’s probably a bug or something horribly unbalanced that I missed and I’m gonna have to come back and fix it.)

This patch adds the four-part finale to this hack, finally bringing this year-and-a-half-long project to a close!

If you’ve enjoyed this hack, or have a question, request, or suggestion, come check out the Discord server!

Anyway, that’s all from me for now. Thanks for playing!

5 Likes

Everyone in this hack is actually a telepath.

Or I just found it too much work to animate mouths and eyes for 48 playable characters and however many NPC portraits I made. Take your pick.

(Silliness aside, I may go back at some point and fix their portraits to include animated mouths, but that probably won’t be for a while, if at all.)

2 Likes

What Chapter can we promote our Lord? Already finish chapter 24

Chapter 25 is a 3-parter. After that, both lords can promote.

1 Like

It’s come to my attention that some people have run into a bug at Chapter 23 that makes the chapter impossible. I haven’t been able to replicate this bug myself, so I can’t figure out what’s causing it. If you run into this issue (or any other issue, for that matter), please let me know with as much information as possible so I can try and fix this!

How is the difficulty for this hack now thats its complete? normal mode?

I’d say it’s harder than FE7’s lowest difficulty, but easier than FE7’s highest. (Also, this hack doesn’t have a hard mode, just a normal mode.)

1 Like

@pengie9290

1 - Chaper 19x doesnt have a seize tile ending, it ends after 9 turns on the 10th, is this a bug? cuz i wanted to speak with evry1!

2 - Chaper 19x when Linda talks to Valeria she doesnt get a Brave sword but a Silver blade, another bug!

3 - Chapter 19x Willow keeps healing random chars, bug?!

4 - Chapter 19x random Ranger keeps targeting invisible enemy, bug!

I changed what Linda gives Valeria at some point and forgot to update the document. As for the invisible enemy, that’s how I was able to set custom music for the chapter. Neither are bugs, though they are the results of me overlooking things.

The AI for green units with staves is really weird. Them healing full-HP units is a bug, and one I was aware of, but nothing save for removing their staves from their inventory seemed to fix it.

19x is supposed to have end via seizing the throne, not from a turn count. No idea why that’s happening. I’ll look into it.

v1.1 is now live! This update exists to fix some problems with the hack. …Or at least it was supposed to. (I did fix some things in Ch19x… but those are pretty minor compared to the current big issue that’s going on.)

I’ve received reports that Chapter 23 contains a bug of some sort that causes softlocks- specifically by making the chapter impossible to clear. I have not managed to replicate this issue myself, and have received little to no information about it from those who have encountered it. I’ve added a solution for this issue (chapter is won automatically on Turn 40, long after the chapter should have ended) to keep the rest of the hack from becoming unplayable, but this is very much a desperate temporary measure.

If you happen to encounter this issue while playing, please let me know on the Discord as soon and with as much detail as possible so I can remedy this. Thank you!

@pengie9290 Just finished this amazing hack, thanks!

This was a very well made high quality hack with great story and pretty balanced Hard difficulty for the entire game. I really enjoyed this hack.
Only thing i didnt like was the big cast, wish like 2/3 was cut from it so it felt more meaningful.

U did a great job with this, hope ull make another 1 since this was very wel done for some1 who didnt know wtf he was doing!!

Goodluck with future projects !

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed it!

I’m actually working on remaking this from scratch (and I do mean from scratch- as in building it from the ground up in Unity), and trimming the cast is definitely something I intend to do.

Out of curiosity, what characters did you end up using a lot? You’re the first person other than myself who I know has actually completed the hack, and I’ve been curious.

When i play i always try to get the best char for the weapons/class so i at least have 1 of each

Edrick/Valeria - sword
Brenda - axe
Roger - lance + fly
Armando - Tank + Beast class
Richard -bow
Elaine - anima + dark magic
James/Willow/Molly - light magic + staff heals
Carrie - lockpicker
(dancer died) -____-
Rest of cast were added to fill spots in end map

but like it said there were wayy too many chars, trimming it down to 1/3 and say make them more important would have been better for me.
i always prefer small cast party that fills that 1 role and if they die its a game over wich makes the game so much more harder and impactful.
tbh i only remembered Edrick (fav char) , Valeria and Solaris. and the main bad girl. thats it.
now if i had a small cast i would remember them all.

Great hack though u really have a knack for this! also i find it weird that not more ppl are playing this :face_with_monocle:

I gotta say, I’m kinda surprised by those picks. Other than Elaine, Armando, and the lords, I didn’t use any of them in my own playthrough! (Edrick is probably my favorite of these characters too, being the most developed of them, but special mention goes to Aldritch for just being a blast to write. I never realized getting into the mind of a grumpy old man who’s fed up with everyone’s BS would be so fun!)

A large part of the reason so few people are playing it is probably the beginning. I was so proud of myself when I started making these chapters. But now that my skills and standards have both improved significantly, I’ve come to realize that those opening chapters really aren’t great, to put it mildly. The writing is barely passable, the map design is amateurish, and there’s a whole bunch of ideas I intended to explore that went nowhere.