What’s your best custom class idea?

Shaman Wyvern but they use axes instead of lances. Low defense low resistance but great speed and power. Also use Devil axe.

2 Likes

Armoured + Wyvern.
It shouldn’t get off the ground, but pretend it does.

3 Likes

Not technically a custom class but…
Mini-bosses that appear in chapters who are the same class as the normal FE6-8 lords with their PRF weapons.

So you have these “Officers” sword/lance/axe/bow/magic that look like eirika / ephraim / hector / ephraim bow / celica + their PRF weapons of Rapier, Reginlief, Thani etc etc etc.

Usually they hold a Master Seal or gold or some good droppable because their stats are comparable to a boss

3 Likes

This I like this

I could see this working great

1 Like

Thieves that use axes but still retaining the ability to use lock-picks but with the psychical defense of a fighter.

2 Likes

Sounds very do able. I don’t think there are any thieves with axe battle animation tho. But it could be done if you take someone like Garcia and change them to a theft

As far as custom classes go I just really want to do a proper alternative promotion for Pirates that better fits the theme of being, you know, Pirates, Berserker and Warrior are alright but they feel more tailor made for Brigands and Fighters respectively. I imagine an infantry class with great movement on all forms of water and the ability to use both axes and swords, I’m not quite sure what it would be called, though if were going for the pure “cool” factor something like Flibustier would be appropriate.

(Also are Pirates moreso associated with axes in Japan? I’ve always associated them with swords, but in Fire Emblem and a couple other of RPGs I’ve played the “Pirate” class is the designated axe user)

4 Likes

I made a spear user that travels in water called a Mariner. And Pirate promos called Captain or something along those lines.

Viking can also be appropriate. very good mobility in water + peaks

4 Likes

Tell me more about this?

I will explain some of the classes implemented in kaitou.
In this game, the players are all thieves, so they can all steal.
At this point, it’s not normal, but there are a few classes that are even more unusual.

1. Idol as a Promoted unit of Dancer; they can re-move(canto) like cavalry after dancing.
  2. Mage who does not grow at all, but can Promotion to Dancer(Idol). All statuses are zero. Growth rate is ALL 3%.
  3. Dancer(Idol) that can be used by Anima and staff. However, it does not grow at all, so if it is attacked by an enemy, it will die instantly.
  4. Soldier who don’t grow at all but can Promote to strange classes (Scout, Priest).
  5. Scout: Dragon knight whose mobility is maxed out on the first(MOV=15). He can fly around the map at will and rescue almost any unit. However, he doesn’t grow at all, so if he is attacked by enemy, he will die instantly.
  6. Priest: Priest with max RES and STR at the start. He also has a staff level of S. However, he doesn’t grow at all, so he dies instantly if physically attacked. for Omniheal.
  7. Captain: Axeman, unaffected by weather.
  8. Revolutionary. Fourth dancer.
7 Likes

A class that can get D rank in any four weapon types and you can distribute their growths yourself, but they can only move adjacent to enemy or player units (within their movement range) and they can repair any weapons they have in their inventory that’s not their chosen types by one point every five turns for a maximum of twenty turns a map.

2 Likes

frog rider

they ride giant frogs and can cross water

i’m not sure what weapon they would use; anima magic?

5 Likes

I think you mean an “Idol”.

2 Likes

Finally…

the GBA port of Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

1 Like

Wyvern rider but without wings (Lizard rider I guess?)
A desert class (for the enemies)

Unpromoted, they have 4Mov
But here’s the catch: they aren’t slowed down by Forest and Deserts
They can’t “walk” on water or bypass cliffs but like brigands they can walk on mountains
(Maybe 2 tiles at once?)

As a weapon, breath could be used but it would a bit too similar to Manaketes
So I think the rider should wield a bow

Stats wise I don’t really know how it should be balanced
maybe a bit less strength compared to the wyvern rider and more defense

2 Likes

Signifier (fancy name for flag-bearer)
Promotes from Soldier, alternate to Halberdier
Weapons: Lance, Sword
Skilled soldiers that carry the banner of their people on their backs, inspiring allies.
A more support-oriented alternative, the Signifier has a lower speed cap form the added weight of carrying their flag, and are less meant for direct combat. Their main worth is in being a walking support bonus to adjacent units, or being the only unit type able to use Rallies in a game without them, once every two turns.

Alchemist
Promotes from Shaman/Dark Mage
Mounted
Weapons: Tome (Dark if applicable)
Dark mages who carry ingredients on horseback to create helpful and dangerous potions.
Basically, the dark magic equivalent to Valkyries and Mage Knights, in terms of combat performance. Unlike them, they don’t get staves, so they’re less reliable as healers. However, they possess the Experimental Brew skill, which has a random element. By using the “Brew” command, adjacent units will either be fully healed, healed for 50% of their missing health, healed for 1 health, get a random temporary stat boost, or damage everyone including the Alchemist. This also applies to NPCs and enemy units. This is basically just a big meme ability, though, so they could just get staves instead and be dark magic Valkyries with nothing to set them apart other than weapon type.

Raider
Promotes from Brigand, alternative to Berserker
Mounted
Weapons: Axe
Crafty highwaymen who chase down targets on horseback.
This only really works in a game without Axe Cavaliers, but it’s basically just giving a bandit a horse. They lose out on the Berserker’s sheer power and crit rate for higher movement. They also retain the ability to enter Mountain terrain, unlike most horse units. This also differentiates Brigands better from Pirates, who cannot promote to this unit.

Camel Rider
It’s just a cavalier on a camel. Fewer desert penalties. They’d only be useful for desert chapters so they’re kind of useless overall, but I just like the idea.

3 Likes

Thank you. Fixed.
I was searching google for spelling mistakes, but I didn’t notice that google’s auto-completion feature corrected the mistakes.

My silly ideas:

An “alchemist” class. It’d be a mounted class that can use dark magic, as well as be able to use exclusive potions that can do things like heal all adjacent allies, be lobbed at enemies to deal AoE damage, or induce status effects (e.g. dancer ring effects on allies, or things like silence/berserk/poison on enemies.) These potions would be very powerful, but also quite expensive and would only have a few uses, meaning you’d have to choose between carrying an extra weapon in your inventory or carrying more potions.

A “mermaid” class that can travel super quickly on water but suffers terrain penalties on land. They’d probably wield lances and either light or anima magic, and would have a class skill of some sort that gives them an evasion and accuracy buff when fighting non-aquatic enemies on water. They would take effective damage from thunder magic.

Sea dragons: kind of meant to go along with the mermaid class, as I mentioned “non-aquatic” classes. Like the mermaids, they would move quickly through water but struggle on land. Their class skill would be “Refraction,” which would have the damage taken from all magic except for thunder magic (which would deal effective damage, similarly to what happens to the mermaid class.)

I’d also love to see some sort of “kaiju” class (maybe as a boss?) with the ability to destroy nearby terrain when it attacks. (Not sure how you’d program that in, though, but alternatively they could just do AoE damage.)

I also had some ideas for classes that could be used in an “ancient” or “prehistoric” setting:

Dinosaur laguz. Self-explanatory, really.

Direwolf Rider: Ancient humans who ride massive prehistoric wolves into battle. They’d wield axes and bows, and have similar terrain costs to foot units despite being mounted.

Alpaconvoy: A mobile convoy carried by alpacas! The alpacas can defend themselves with their spit attack, which doesn’t deal much damage but can “blind” enemies hit by it, reducing their accuracy significantly. They can also cross mountains and peaks unimpeded.

2 Likes

An armored pegasi rider :

Remove the extra damage from bow but is slow and magic is effective

Flibustier :

A promotion of the pirate, using axes and mousquets

Sniper remixed :

A real sniper who use essentially longbows and has a range of 3-4. High accuracy, but very low defense

4 Likes