WeaponRankEX Uninstall Glitch (FEBuilder)

Hi. There’s a bug with uninstalling the WeaponRankEX patch that causes skills to glitch out during gameplay on the playable characters.

Here’s the report 7z:

Thank you for you’re time and assistence.

-MegaCowsamMan

There’s a bug with uninstalling the WeaponRankEX patch that causes skills to glitch out during gameplay on the playable characters.

Why did you install the patch with the warning?
If you had a backup prior to installing this patch and the dates are not too far apart, I would suggest going back to that backup.

And what skills are strange?
How can I check that?
Reproducibility is very important.
Be sure to include it in your report.

I did. You can check the save file. Start the game and check the stat screen where the skills are:
FE Smash N' Grab.emulator01
These two skills were never assigned to him.
Though, I can post my issue with the WeaponRankEx system if I must.

This problem can be resolved with the following two fixes
0A474C: 70 47
0A478C: 70 47

Press F11 to activate the hex editor and modify the respective data.
Or, use the diff debug tool (MENU->Tools->Diff debug tool) to merge these two points.

This is due to SkillSystems and WeaponRankEx making the same modifications in the same place.
Therefore, when you uninstalled WeaponRankEx, the similar modifications made by SkillSystems were also gone.

2 Likes

Yo! Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to watch out for that patch!

Edit: With further testing, it seems you’re salution resolved it…sort of. Now instead of moving you’re cursor over them giving them two skills, making them battle gives them one glitched out skill:

So so sorry about this. I’ll be sure to never use something like this again!
Thank you so much for you’re time.

-MegaCowsamMan

When a character attacks an enemy unit, they gain a skill that changes when you move you’re cursor.

maybe.
0x0A4A34: 70 47

2 Likes

So far so good! I’ll let you know if anything else breaks!
Thank you kindly!

Edit: Everything worked perfectly! Thank you so much! You saved my hide back there!