VernalBloodshine - FE YT Channel, now with COMMENTARY! :D

VernalBloodshine YouTube Channel Experiment - Take 97
SNAP

Alright guys, I’m back again, for the 97th time. But this time I have commentary! Basically, I got burnt out of doing the non-commentary stuff, so I felt like joining the commentary bunch. Big shoutout to @TheRomHackist for the inspiration & support (as well as the YTber Cornchip for the former as well!)
I’m gonna be doing a playthrough of Justice & Pride!

Please pardon any inconveniences such as background noise, or audio quality in the first few videos, these will be worked out as I get used to commentating. (If you want to meme me about these things, you’ve got the green light to go ahead. Don’t worry, I have a good sense of humor.)

New Channel Link: Vernal Bloodshine - YouTube

First Video Link: Fire Emblem: Justice & Pride - Episode 1: Our Journey Begins! - YouTube

3 Likes

Enable the Noise Gate filter in OBS :wink:

2 Likes

Will do, thanks!

1 Like

Next episode is now out!: Fire Emblem: Justice & Pride - Episode 2: Look, it's Anna! Also, Muh Bandits! - YouTube

Thanks to @Yasako for recommending the noise filter, hopefully this helps!

Thanks to everyone for your continued support! Please be sure to like, sub, and comment if you enjoy my content, and again, PLEASE leave feedback on any improvements that you think can be made!

4 Likes

The audio is a lot cleaner this time, but I recommend a pop filter of some sort to prevent plosives from blowing up your mic. Just wearing a surgical mask (since we’ve all stocked up on those, I assume) would cut down on it already.

Also, most smartphones nowadays have pretty capable microphones, so you can use WO Microphone with yours if you’re in need of a slightly nicer mic solution :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Your plosives are really loud but that can resolved if you back up from the mic a bit. Try doing a test recording before playing and say your Ps and Bs and find out a good length away from it

3 Likes

I’ll throw this out there.

If you’re looking to do youtube commentary, I recommend the SHP9500 Headset with the V-Moda Boompro attachable mic. The quality is excellent, and if you have a headset already where you can plug in an external mic, the V-Moda alone will be enough for recording commentary.

I bought my V-Moda years ago, and I still use it for Discord voice calls and other things. The sound quality is great. For under $100 you can get a really comfortable headset and a high quality mic that will last you at least half a decade (As mine has lasted me that long so far)

4 Likes

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I’m not able to get a new microphone at this time, however I will take @Yasako 's advice and use a mask next recording session and see how that works with the plosives. I’ll also look into these “boom filters”. I do agree, my mic quality while doable, does need to be improved. My current mic is on a headset so the best I can do distance wise in angling the microphone, but I will look into getting one of those stand-up mics. There is a store in my area that sells lots of used PC equipment that is within my budget (as of my last visit anyway), so I’ll stop by sometime.

Again, thank you guys so much for the feedback. It is seriously helping. I won’t be able to upload much this week, hopefully I will be able to this weekend (preparing for the home stretch of high school, wish me luck!)

P.S.: @Klokinator I will take a look at that mic.

2 Likes

PSA: I should have time for some recording tomorrow so expect a video or two in the next few days! Thank you guys for your patience & continued support/feedback!

1 Like

Episode 3 is now out! I may be able to get Episode 4 recorded today as well. If I can, that will come out on Sunday! Link: Fire Emblem: Justice & Pride - Episode 3: Ah yes, monsters. - YouTube

I’m using a face mask to help with the plosives in this episode, so please let me know what you think of the audio quality now. As always, thank you for your support & feedback!

2 Likes