USC - round TEN - Mugs+Battle Sprites: ~Japan/Hoshido~

Well this is some good news.

1 Like

I had a thought on the comp, Splice Competition is very popular as mugs are always usefulā€¦

But what if we had a seperate Competition for general art types? One that encompassed Battle Sprites but also lesser done styles like Map sprites, and maybe even different portrait sprite styles like NES/SNES like USC VI or just allowed custom portraits?

• Keep the USC as is!
  • Split Splice Comp and general Spriting
  • Other option? (Please submit suggestion)

0 voters

4 Likes

Thatā€™s enough votes. From here on the Splice Comp and USC will be split!

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ thereā€™s a lot of free time now, so with that in mind lets do some spriting! This round will be Map Sprites! For the units walking around before they go into battleā€¦

-OUR LAST ROUND-
USC ROUND VII: the last Splice Comp
Theme: Smug Gambler

Winner: GenericPretsel

-OUR CURRENT ROUND-
USC ROUND VIII: MAP SPRITES 1
Optional Theme: Robed Creatures
Custom, Splice, Edit are all acceptable for this challenge. ONLY 1 pose technically necessaryā€¦ but extra poses appreciated!

DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 31st at 11:59pm PST.

PLEASE REVIEW THE RULES IF NECESSARY.
Any further questions or concerns can be PMed to the current host! (Shep) or posted either in the feedback thread or within this thread itself.

Hope you all enjoy and have some fun! Lets get spriting! :smiley:

For refresher on the rules, please refer to post #1.

Hope you guys have fun with map sprites!

1 Like

So likeā€¦ in their pajamas? Also does it need to be GBA-style, or can they look like other games?

1 Like

More like hooded, robed unitsā€¦ like a shaman, etcā€¦ but I guess Robes could be like a bath robe if you really felt like it?

We technically didnā€™t specify GBA or otherwise, soā€¦ up to the artist, imo?

1 Like

Hereā€™s a fat festive robed creature, best featured as an enemy unit:
santa santa red

May make the moving map sprites eventually. This might be a bit of a stretch to call robed, but based on the other entries, Iā€™m not too concerned about that yet. I do have a backup in mind in case it is.

7 Likes

everyoneā€™s favorite robed tactician/slice of toast, Robin

9 Likes

I would at least one more entry for this compā€¦ therefore Iā€™m extending this deadline one more week.

Monday April 13th is the new deadline.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made the Arcanist map sprite from both Fire Emblem Echoes and Fire Emblem Gaiden.
(Might, just might make actual frames for it.)

11 Likes

RIngwraith map sprite from LOTR. Not really sure what it could be used for, but might make frames. Frame 1
Then some GIFā€™s:

3vrcjy 3vs2c2

7 Likes

When you want to make an entry, and you feel like making another hooded magic classā€¦ The Strategist.
MAP-strategist

Edit: deadline passed, voting thread up soon

3 Likes

Congrats to Feier!

2 Likes

Congrats to Feier on winning round 8! Lets go with our next round! Back to Battle Sprites!

For refresher on the rules, please refer to post #1.

Arrrrrrrrrrrr ye ready? :wink:

5 Likes

Yarr har fiddle dee dee you are a-

bankrupt shipping merchant

-PIRATE

gees

behind the scenes

19 Likes

ā€œListen boy, the ocean is a weird place: I once saw a pirate who stole a ballista just to use it as a bow and i still donā€™t know if itā€™s the greatest or the dumbest thing i ever witnessā€
Archer pirate

20 Likes

ā€œThe sea is a harsh mistress, many brave sailors met their end in these black waters. Despite that it holds a great treasure. Whales. Their blubber can make us a fortune when we sell it to the lamp makers. Thatā€™s why I always carry this harpoon. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m always readyā€
BOBBY

9 Likes

ā€œWho needs a ship, when youā€™ve got a shark.ā€
Pirate Shark

19 Likes

Heā€™s returned from a round of ages long past, for the sea is his home and his calling!
Iā€™ll edit this reply to have the animation in the future, but Iā€™m putting this here now just in case Iā€¦ ā€œforget.ā€

Sorry for implying anyone wouldnā€™t sell the Ocean Seal.

10 Likes

Congrats to the winners!

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

3 Likes