Sacred Stones: Ark of Elival DLC

First real hack yall, here we go.

Ark of Elival is a simple expansion for base FE8. It will feature new classes, items, graphics, and two original side chapters for mid and postgame.
Planned features:

-Several returning characters from Fe6/7
-A strange trio of friends
-New classes
-Emphasis on gameplay archetypes
-New weapons/ items
-Terrible humor
-A pretty good soundtrack
-Zoro???
-Bugs

Screenshots coming soon, life happened so I couldn’t work on this. Im totally committed now!

12 Likes

If you have no idea you should enter the Discord in case of problems. Help is provided quickly there. Also you should show some footage of your current works to give a bigger idea of the project.

Try experimenting around a bit in order to get a feeling for everything.

1 Like

My only issue is figuring out what class slots are safe to edit

Is this going to change FE8’s story or something ?

It wont change the main story, just adds extra chapters, characters, classes, and items
Think of it like DLC

Most of the class IDs are save to edit, you definitly need to watch the move anims of the Map icons of those classes being in the right spot. I would not edit the King (or Tactitican was it Idk anymore) Class since that can cause problems. And the very first one too if it is 00.

Try it out but always make back ups in order to prevent losing data. It might be wiser to make a whole new project instead of an expansion because then you have the freedom to edit really any class without messing up previous maps. Also you should have more space too. There is a patch to increase Class Slots but I never applied it myself.

It still can be an addition to Sacred Stones but it wouldn’t have the whole FE8 game beforehand then. If that was you intention that I got from your post.

Its been a healthy 8 months since this all got started, and its disappointing to say I’ve gotten nothing done. But! Life has simmered down and I can actually get to work on this. Im hoping to put out screenshots sometime this year. Wish me luck-

5 Likes

Status Update: 9-26

So far so good. I’ve decided to release this in separate parts rather than all at once. Currently working on adding characters and classes, hoping these numbers are balanced. Ive also got a proper rundown list so I can stay on track this time-

Ill probably be putting one of these out bi-weekly

In the meantime, have a teaser for those who know. JiroPaiPai - Armored Assassin Generic {Also LaurentLacroix}.png

2 Likes

Yeah he’s returning from the pmes

2 Likes

Fam that’s Exia!!

2 Likes

Sorry for the frequent posts, got a question for you guys.

What would you like to see?
  • Skills
  • No Skills
  • Reskin all classes
  • No reskins
  • Only a couple of reskins

0 voters

I dont think I even need to wait the rest of the week. :skull_and_crossbones:
This is shaping up to be a real big remaster, yeah? Im excited to see where it goes.

1 Like

So, I realized sacred stones already has enough monster-related bs going on, so I’ve changed the other end of the expansion into a fe6-7 crossover where a mysterious force causes both continents to overlap.

1 Like

HOW DO I EVENT :sob:

Real talk though, its going smooth. Ive gotten the map and music done for Dragon Hollow. Theres also now a wyrmslayer equivalent for bows and Anima magic. Im debating making the map theme and battle themes the same for both new chapters, because they slap and I dont want them disturbed every single battle lol