Unquality of life features

You cannot view the map during preps, so you’re deploying units completely blind, like FE7 endgame.

1 Like

This might be too much, but every AI unit has that one annoying Klein-AI in which they have a chance to just not move at all.

Animations are forced to be off for all combat animations but on for all staff, dancer, and green generic units.

3 Likes

Because of my big thumbs, I sometimes used to press A when I wanted to press B when playing on phone. That was infuriating and could actually get units killed, lol. So how about a 10% chance to swap the buttons?

1 Like

I feel like that 10% chance to enter a second A press could easily make a player want to put the game down. There’s a very good chance they could have tried to check how a unit would fare in a round of combat, just for the second A press to actually launch the attack and cost them a unit.

If a unit uses more than half of their maximum movement range, there is a 13.5% chance of tripping, which immediately ends their turn.

4 Likes

Player units can no longer walk through tiles occupied by other player units.

4 Likes

AI target selection is deoptimized to take even longer to stretch out time spent not actually playing the game

1 Like

…based on your playtime, so it isn’t noticable at first, but gradually enemy turns become longer and longer

1 Like

If the player’s attack does exactly enough damage to kill an enemy, there’s a 50% chance they survive on 1HP. Likewise, if the enemy’s attack does exactly enough to leave the player’s unit, it has a 50% chance to deal that extra 1 damage and kill them.

However, the results of these 50% coin flips are displayed in the battle forecast, but only while the actual animations are playing when it’s too late to back out, leaving players thinking they misread the numbers

If the player will be countered with a lethal attack and has less than 100 hit, they will always miss

• NES-like Stat Screen: You can only view the stat screen by selecting an unit and pressing A without moving the unit. (Pressing A again shows the unit menu)

• NES Unit formation: You can’t change the formation in the preparation screen, the formation sorts itself based on the units (not) deployed.

• NES trade: unit’s turn ends after trading an item.

Health numbers are removed. If you want to know how much HP does your unit have, you need to count the exact number of full squares in their health bar.

2 Likes

Fun fact, that was how I played Radiant Dawn for a while, in my second playthrough

Why did I do it? Idk I thought it was cool. To be fair it is better than playing with no battle forecast

1 Like

No Wait command for individual units and Auto-Battle is always turned on, with each unmoved character individually being issued a random Auto-Battle AI type each turn

Basically Fe6. The RNG just loves the enemy, I think it’s doing…things. Things that’ll probably get a warn if I dare mention.

All of these are great.

Alternatively you have to use the item or trade menu: the attack command doesn’t let you choose weapons. You have to equip them first before being able to attack with them. The attack command doesn’t show up if you can’t hit anybody with your currently equipped weapon, even if you could with another one.

1 Like

Wait is moved to the top of the unit menu

1 Like

Beast and Dragon Animations always activate and deactivate before every single action the unit takes in battle.

Example: A Manakete attacks a Manakete.

Before the attacking Manakete fullfills it’s attack, it’s transform animation plays. Also, the transform animation of the attacked Manakete plays. The attack is happening. The attacked manakete transforms back into it’s humanoid form. Then the attacking manakete transforms back to it’s humanoid form. Now the attacked manakete can counterattack. It transforms into a dragon before the attack can happen. The attacking manakete also transforms before the counterattack can happen. The attack happens. And yeah… Basically that. The transformations must take at least 3 seconds.

Similarily long like these ones for example.
Every single battle.

1 Like

You can move your units any number of tiles. However, if you attempt to move them outside of their move range, that unit’s turn immediately ends. Only if you keep them within their move range will you be able to move them.

This is in addition to not actually seeing their move/attack range when you select them.

1 Like