[unpaid] need help with a midi(s)

so this is a pretty selfish request but i need help with a midi (you’ll see why).
i can’t pay you.
here’s the link https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1EYwLQsa-dz3_J2JcZSYXxwQFxh39yd33
tbh i don’t expect to get work on this for free so don’t feel bad for wanting to be paid for hard work
I’m being pretty cheap.

I’ve listened to all of them and I’m willing to help, but I’m confused. For example, the midi you titled “help.me” has 8 tracks that all play the same thing. Could you give an explanation of what you need done on each midi?

okay I’m even more confused now. help two three and four don’t even show up as tracks. Notes play but there aren’t notes there … my brain hurts.

1 Like

help.me was the first one i made and I was kind of just figuring out how anvil works, i also wanted different instruments playing the same tune,I don’t really care about it.
3 and 4 are a lost cause, the main thing i want is with “help” and that is cleaning up the song, separating the “parts” of the song(the notes that sound like they would be in a group) eg. the percussion/bass line, and making sure it sounds how i want it to sound when opening it in a ROM(I can probably do that part).
if what i’m asking is impossible I completely understand.

Okay, I was working on the one you titled “promotion”, but I’ll see what I can do on “help” tomorrow.

1 Like

thanks, you’re a saint

you still willing to help? i can def find out how to do this on my own i think.

Bruh … I completely forgot about this. I don’t think I have the time right now.

You said you needed help getting the piano to play, right?

To do that all you have to do is split the piano parts into seperate tracks, so that only one note plays at a time in every track. For example, if the biggest chord you have is four note you would need four tracks.

no problem!

I’m honestly just unsure of what you need done, @RSflame. I’ve listened to the MIDIs, but what do you actually want?

I want to deffine a “start up”, a “melody” (like the middle of the song), the notes with the lower pitches i want to separate them to be the drum beat, highest pitches will be piano, second highest cello, second lowest brass. hope this helps @Agro

Do you still need help with the MIDI?
For some reason, Google Drive isn’t loading in my PC, but you could send the file to my email and I’ll help as soon as I can.

Nevermind, I managed to download it from my phone

It’s done!
.s file ->https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsjzt0tvcbt2f2u/Helpfixed.s?dl=0
.MIDI file ->https://www.dropbox.com/s/o73ko358p2hr9a9/Helpfixed.mid?dl=0

I had to take some liberties with the MIDI because I didn’t understand some of the notes, but here it goes.
I extended it, made an intro and changed some of the melody. If there is something you didn’t like about it, you can change it from the MIDI file.
Track 1 is piano, track 2 is Cello, Track 3 is violin, Track 4 is trumpet, track 5 is the drums, track 6 is the bassline.

Preview here.

Omfg thank you so much! I am in awe with your talent

No problem!
By the way, next time you try to make a composition from scratch, I’d recommend you don’t use Anvil Studio. It’s great for when you’re setting the midi up for insertion, but if you’re making a new song it’s the equivalent of drawing a forensic portrait using MS Paint :p.

Also, when you want to use multiple instruments, you will need to make a different track for each one of them. Finally, remember to set the “tempo” to match the song (It basically means the song’s speed. If you’re in doubt, you should set it up so that the grid matches the placement of the notes.) Hope it helps!

what would be a good tool to use?

There are several free ones, like Cakewalk or Garageband, though I haven’t tried either but they’re good from what I have read. Some others include FL Studio or Reaper, but they’re paid.
The main problem with Anvil studio is that it doesn’t let you select multiple notes, or select specific portions of the MIDI. As far as I know it doesn’t let you edit note velocity, change pitch of notes from the same track… The list goes on. Sure, Anvil gets the work done but it’s pretty limited as far as options go.