TLP with Updated Animations

So I originally made this for a friend, Raymerald, and a handful of people seemed to be getting interested in it through screenshots so I might as well post it somewhere where it can be easily found. Many class animations have been edited, several characters have received new personal animations, and all playable units and bosses have new palettes.

Patch it over an unmodified US FE7 Rom.

Here’s a document with every animation, map sprite, and class card used and their creators

The patch is here

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.
It is not advised to do the Constellation with this patch, as the Angelic Wing has somehow been corrupted and crashes the game when used on Siegfried or Shon, and turns Liquid into a different class.

List of New Animation Changes
  • Gallant - Kent Cavalier
  • Knight Errant - Grand Paladin
  • Mercenary - SALVAGED Mercenary
  • Hero - Armored Hero
  • Slayer - Linus Hero
  • Myrmidon - Leo_link’s Updated Myrmidon
  • Swordmaster - Karel Swordmaster
  • Fighter - Leo_link’s Updated Fighter
  • Warrior - Leo_link’s Updated Warrior
  • Knight - SALVAGED Knight
  • General - General with Shield
  • Archer - Improved Archer
  • Sniper - Marksman
  • Monk, Vagrant - Monk Repalette
  • Bishop - FE6 Bishop Repalette
  • F!Mage - Long haired Mage
  • M!Sage - Levin’s Sage
  • F!Sage - Levin’s Sage
  • Cavalier - SALVAGED Cavalier
  • Paladin - SALVAGED Paladin
  • Nomad - Nomad Repalette
  • Nomadic Trooper - Nomadic Trooper Repalette
  • Pegasus Knight - Pegasus Knight Improved
  • Falcon Knight - Falcon Knight Improved
  • Wyvern Lord - Armored Wyvern Lord
  • Soldier - SoV Soldier
  • Pirate - DS Pirate
  • Berserker - Yetizerker edit by George Reds
  • Thief - Thief Repalette

New Personal Animations

• Itsuke - Hatless Mage
  • Emma - Troubadour Repalette, Valkyrie with diadem
  • Shadow - Legault Assassin
  • Frederick, Lanmark - Baron based off of General
  • Asch - Gerik Armored Hero
  • Zoro - Short-haired Jacket Myrmidon
  • Zoro, Ivan - Lloyd Swordmaster Alt Repalette
  • Nyros - Arcanist
  • Apollo - Long-haired Sage
  • Viola - Non-Religious Valkyrie

Blazer is a king.

List of updates, beginning on August 21, 2020 until present time
  • March 8, 2022: Made edits to Lyam’s palette. Added flasuban’s improved Mercenary map sprite.
  • March 7, 2022: Added Faolin’s long-haired M!Sage for Apollo. Fixed Ranger’s experience gain.
  • March 6, 2022: Fixed Siegfried’s Unarmed animation’s palette order. Added Levin64’s female Sage.
  • March 2, 2022: Fixed an issue with Liquid’s death quote as a result of moving his unit ID. Fixed issues with Liquid and Lyam’s pre-battle quotes in Ch27 that were a result of moving their unit IDs. Revised Leon’s battle palette. Edited the description of the generic enemies named “Zero” in Chapter 22, specify that they can “kill in one blow.” (they have Silencer, but not the generic enemies named “Assassin”)
  • February 27, 2022: Fixed Chapter 17’s start event from freezing if not skipped. Hopefully fixed any issues with Chapter 16’s end event.
  • February 26, 2022: Edited Noah’s palette to more resemble his portrait. Colors hard, but I think I got it.
  • February 7, 2022: Fixed an issue in the start event of Ch23 pertaining to an error in loading in Lyam. Also fixed Armorslaying weapons not being effective on Lanmark and Frederick, and gave that class a new map sprite. Changed Nyros’s animation to Devisian_Nights’s Arcanist.
  • January 24, 2022: Updated M!Sage’s animations to the polished update by Levin64 and HyperGammaSpaces.
  • November 12, 2021: Changed Soldier’s map sprites, class card, and animation to be the one based on SoV. Animation by Nuramon, flasuban, and George Reds, class card by flasuban, and map sprites by flasuban and Feier. Changed M!Sage’s animations to Levin64’s Sage.
  • September 21, 2021: Added new map sprites and generic enemy portrait for Warrior, added new map sprites for Snipers, changed Berserker animation to the Yetizerker edit by George Reds, and changed Ranger animation to Leo link’s
  • July 15, 2021: Fixed an issue with Corben’s portrait’s neck.
  • July 12, 2021: Changed Fighter animations to Pushwall’s fix of Leo_link’s. Changed Warrior animations to Leo_link’s.
  • November 11, 2020: Changed Fighter and Myrmidon animations to Leo_link’s. Changed Fighter map sprite to Alusq’s.
  • August 31, 2020: Fixed the Knight dodge animations.
  • August 25, 2020: Fixed Alice’s support with Karina to allow Alice to initiate support conversations.
  • August 24, 2020: Allowed Lyam and Liquid to build supports by changing their unit IDs, also fixed support point inconsistencies.
  • August 22, 2020: Updated Holton’s battle palette.
  • August 21, 2020: Changed Trueblade’s map sprite, fixed Mina’s class, updated Galagar’s battle palette.
16 Likes

What about Kelik?

The guy who asked me to make this didn’t list a new animation for Kelik.

Is there any text difference between original TLP and yours?
I’ve translated tlp into Chinese, I want to use your patch to do the same thing

It says “TLP with updated animations “ so no, the text hasn’t changed

Edit: Meant to reply to the user above

Man I was just thinking about replaying TLP the other week, and then I find this. Sweet!

Is the lock that prevents Shon from taking part in certain chapters something set in FE builder?

is this based of the v 2.1 patch??

this should have been locked 2 years ago smh

guess not

You are unable to find it through FEBuilder, during the development process TLP’s forced deployment (and forced undeployment) table was moved to somewhere other than where it is in default FE7, which is where FEBuilder checks.

I made this off of the most recent patch I could find, and looking up what the v2.1 patch is, I believe it is.

I had plans to use it for Eduardo but inserting it took up more space than I would’ve liked. The base TLP rom takes up much more space than base FE7 due to everything that was added, so space to insert new animations is quite limited and I don’t want to reach the rom size limit yet.

4 Likes

Great job!
It’s time to play TLP again.

oh neat and what about assassin’s new animations?

Just don’t really feel like the Assassin animations need replacements/additions.

oh ok.

ayo how ypu been doin well…im here so I wanted to ask about the helmless armored knight and the new animation for kelik (in the repo).will you use them?

New animation for Kelik!?:eyes:

T1 kelik,it’s in the repo.

Klokinator repo? I’m gonna see it

oh no,the resource respiratory.