Thoughts on Three Houses

One where the new Fire Emblem game has better press than the new Pokémon game.

within a few months we’ll probably have people who started with three houses complaining that they can’t have tea parties with Ike while the 3 people who actually liked Fates shit on it for not being anime enough and everyone else just laughs in the background

1 Like

No. That’s just the way Part 2 is. If it flies it can kill everything.

There is definitely a difficulty spike in part II, which was welcome.

The early maps with 4 move are a slog (Especially that windy corridor one), but once you get to the 5+ move classes it starts to pick up the pace.

The paralogues are easily the best and most well thought out maps though. They’re my favorite to play. I can appreciate the side objectives in the other main maps though, and I like that not too many of them are egregiously big.

The AS formula is whack though.

I’m curious though what this means more long term for the future of the series. Koei Tecmo seems to have played a huge part in development, and Kusakihara seems poised to keep directing main series titles. I am curious how much they’ll be willing to shift the formula moving forward given the success of this one.

I hope they keep experimenting with new (and old) mechanics more in the future because everything in this game is so well-thought out and works seamlessly. Reminder that this game single-handedly brought back console Canto, Thracia trading, dismounting, fog of war, and weapon durability.

2 Likes

brought back fog of war and durability? which game got rid of those?

Fates didn’t have durability. I don’t remember off hand if any of the 3DS games had FoW. Come to think of it, I don’t think we’ve had fog since FE10.

1 Like

We had fog in the FE12 gaiden maps.

But I’m glad Thracia trading is back. Didn’t know that.