Thoughts on Three Houses

• Black Eagles
  • Blue Lions
  • Golden Deer

0 voters

I know this topic has probably been discussed countless times on these forums, but after waves of information and articles, my opinions (and probably many others) on Three Houses has changed quite a lot. I originally was going to pick the Blue Lions because Dimitri seemed interesting, but after seeing a lot more of Claude and the Golden Deer, I have switched to them. Story-wise I’m really excited to see what exactly is occurring within the Church and just the world politics in general.
I really like the characters that we’ve seen so far. Some of them are based on tropes, but considering the setting and some already interesting backstories, the characters are already brimming with more personality than some characters in Fates and Awakening. The soundtrack sounds pretty good, but from some reviews, the number of tracks may be a bit smaller than other FE games. Personally, I like the visuals. They aren’t like BOTW tier but FE games never really had amazing graphics, to begin with, so I don’t mind. The art style definitely took a while to get used to though.
The maps look super fun especially with the Demonic Beasts and stuff. I’m hoping they try to have more interesting maps and objectives down the line without making things revelations like gimmicky.

What are you guy’s thoughts on Three Houses? Just want to start some discussion before the game releases. Two weeks left guys! :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

despite voting for golden deer, i’m doing black eagles first because it’s probably the most neutral

but yeah hype as hell over here

1 Like

All of them look appealing so it is hard to make a choice - credit to IS for marketing each house pretty well.

Going to start with the Deer for bow lord, but will do all the houses eventually.

2 Likes

When they first introduced Claude I didn’t really like him, but as the trailers continued and I saw more of him I decided to go with the Golden Deer.
It was actually a hard choice because all three are actually interesting.

1 Like

9 Likes

Probs gonna play blue lions first to keep things interesting, but then i’ll check out golden deer afterwards. (What am I saying?? I don’t even have a switch.)

1 Like

Blue lions so I can constantly quote Reznov from World at War

‘DIMITRIIIIIIIIIII’

Hi my name is Edelgard Hresvelgr Seiros Dementia Raven Way and I have long white hair with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy purple eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Claude but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I’m also an empress, and I go to an officers school called Garreg Mach in Fodlan where I’m in the third year (I’m twenty).

4 Likes

I think I’ll go for the Golden Deer, but I’ll see.

doing all of them but definitely starting with blue lions. as far as houses go they’ve got the most classicy feel and i kinda dig seeing what twists they throw onto it

also
black eagels - modern fe esque
golden deer - middle fe eque
blue lions - classic fe esque

in terms of character trope feel. its not important but i do feel its kinda neat.

Not as good at i thought. Watched Mangs play and it’s kinda boring but may be that’s just me.
P/s: may be the reason is I can play Pokemon LGP/LGE with full fps while FETH at 2 :rofl:

My main concern is that it looks easy af. I was watching some classic hard mode and it looked pretty chill. Hopefully the upcoming lunatic patch will help with that.
Like, if Classic/Hard is any easier than Shadows of Valentia Classic/Hard I’m gonna be super bored.

Knowing nothing about the game, I guess I’m blue lions then.

Classic FE >>>> All the others.

beat one route
what a fucking ride I tell ya

1 Like

I don’t want to be spoiled but, was it a ride in a good way or a bad way?

Been playing a lot lately, already into part 2. I can’t say I don’t have nitpicks, and there are pretty dull moments of gaiden era design (walk forward while nothing happens) but for the most part it seems fun and there’s some semblance of thoughtful map design - a few stick out in my mind as being particularly fun. I’m also really enjoying the freedom to use whatever weapons you want. (axecav time)

2 Likes

So far there is one map I absolutely hated and that was Chapter 6. If anything it’s been a little too easy (on classic Hard btw). I often feel really overpowered and a few of my characters are just “delete enemy” buttons. Since around chapter 5 I haven’t really had to think very hard about approaching the maps; most of my thinking was just centered on how I can get kills for units I want to train. The only times I’ve had to rewind or reset were from trial and error bullshit (mainly chapter 5 and 6) or just going into a Paralogue horribly underleveled. And I know for a fact I’m not even close to playing as optimally as I can. I keep changing my mind on which weapon ranks etc I want to train. I’m still on Part 1 (ch 11) though so I hope it gets harder.

The maps overall have been really memorable IMO and the writing is just phenomenal. I love these characters so much more than Awakening and Fates ones.

(Blue Lions ftw)

2 Likes

it was fantastic

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s just my route or because I have a tendency to not grind and end chapters early, but I’m on hard and the difficulty has stepped up pretty dramatically since part 2. High speed enemies in particular (assassin, falcoknight, swordmaster, etc) double pretty much every unit I have not named Catherine. Even godmode Byleth is sufficiently 2-3 hit killed if I’m not cautious.

2 Likes

wow i can’t believe FE fans are actually liking FE. What world is this?

3 Likes