The problem about ModularStatScreen (pawkkie hacker about stat screen skill names - MSS)

my goal

1. Firstly, I downloaded SkillSystem and opened ModularStatScreen file in the directory, and downloaded MSS according to the pawkkie hacker’s Guide here mss_example.s and draw_skill_name_at.s

2. According to the guide, I’m in folder SkillSystem_MSS of fe8 master\enginehacks\necessary\ModularStatScreen\pages\mss_defs.s file content beneath all the .equ lines then joined draw_skill_name_at.s file ` all code.

3.Then I compared mss_example.s content rewritten mss_page1_skills.s (I treated it as a modified .s file)
SUXIJKX{DVADEF0X~FTLFPO

1. Change the modified mss_page1_skills.s (devkitpro has been configured, lyn.exe has been placed under the current folder) and drag it to in AssembleLynEvent.bat.Show no errors
    5K}OX%OFWR{BCEX)IBWSB5

2. But When I assembly the skill system to FE8U , the following error occurred.

Is there a problem with the steps? I don’t know assembly language, so I really can’t solve this problem :neutral_face:

It’d help if you follow this with the error.

You need to own a copy of Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones (Usa).gba
You then rename this file to FE8_Clean.gba

We cannot help you get an fe8u rom, as it is illegal to share the file.

If your error is something else, then you will need to elaborate. I am having trouble understanding you.

man that’s a title, haven’t seen one that long since bloodlines

@Huichelaar
I’m very sorry, because there was a problem with the picture upload yesterday, so you may not understand my problem. Please take a look again for me. Thank you.
@Vesly
I just used FE8U, but I changed its name because of the assembly of the skill system. I have edited the post again. Please help me again. Thank you very much
@theghostcreator
Em…sorry for the first post, but I have modified it

1 Like

For the record, there is no need to triple-post. It just clutters the forum. I’ve merged the posts into one; please respond to multiple questions within the same post in the future.

hey don’t worry about long titles, If anything it’s just something fun to see on the homepage

Upload your ModularStatScreen folder to drive, dropbox, or github and share it with us.

OK, I’ve uploaded my entire folder, but I think I need to explain.I only modified these two files
https://github.com/Elanhack/Fire-Emblem-Universe-part/tree/main/ModularStatScreen

1. mss_page1_skills.s file
    According to the pawkkie hacker’s mss_example.s file.
    (location in 160–281 line).

2.mss_defs.s file
Only at added draw_skill_name_at.s all code after .equ line .(location in1052–1097 line)

Recently, the definition names in mss_defs.s were updated, so what you have in your code doesn’t match anymore. I made a list of what outdated lines are causing you errors:

mss_page1_skills.s:

Line 32: MagCheck has been renamed to UnitHasMagicRank.

Lines 225, 262: CopyToBG has been renamed to BgMapFillRect

Line 257: Const_2003D2C has been renamed to gpStatScreenPageBg0Map

Line 264: Const_200472C has been renamed to gpStatScreenPageBg2Map

mss_defs.s:

Line 1066: BufferText has been renamed to String_GetFromIndex

Line 1075: DrawText has been renamed to DrawTextInline

For future reference, check the top of mss_defs.s to see if any names pawkkie used are outdated. You can use this Github commit page to see what was renamed:

1 Like