The FE8 PME That Could(n't)

As a new Builder user, might I also recommend that you give this video a watch if you haven’t? It’s a good tutorial that covers most of the basics: Creating a Chapter in 16 Minutes - YouTube

Can I get the credits for the portrait, or did you make it yourself?

I did it myself yeah
Just a simple splice

Out of all the weird problems to have, the mug you sent in is too big, do you have a smaller one? Or if not, maybe just a similar one?

to insert a mug, it needs to be in the proper format, only have 16 colors, and be 128 by 112 pixels wide
you can fix all of these by using usenti!

open up the file
Normally, squashing an img like this would squash it’s pixels, but the img given was literally an upscaled mug, so it can be rescaled down

Should be small like this, but we still need to reduce it by 16 colors
(the amount of colors we have rn)

Bam, the final result should be ready to import
5c81ddcea5f92ee0e9406e8d375b960e85c3a9d1

Sweet! Thanks for the help!

Uhhh… I think to not get screwed out of getting loots a thief would be nice.
…Or I was thinking that but it seems Neimi’s replacement is a Thief and I didn’t notice.
Hmmmm. Might be hilarious if you got two lady thieves on the same chapter about the same time, but feel free to ignore her if you’d like.
Alternatively she could just replace Rennac instead as a Rogue or something. Up to you which you’d rather.
It’s rather fun to dig into a well of super old characters.

Elia (Playable)

Name: Elia
Class: Thief (Rogue?)

Growths:
HP: 90%
STR: 60%
SPD: 90%
SKL: 80%
LCK: 60%
DEF: 30%
RES: 40%

Growth unit

Who they are replacing: Colm (Rennac?)
Portrait:
Elia

Character Description: A girl who steals anything not bolted down. And bolted down if shiny enough.

Inventory (Colm):
Iron Sword
Lockpick
Red Gem

Inventory (Rennac):
Silver Sword
Member Card
Energy Ring

Aaaand for a second one a boss (Bosses and playables are separate enough in that one a day thing right)
An Assassin with a Shamshir, because who doesn’t like a little bit of danger!.. On a boss that doesn’t move. Shh don’t tell her that generally moving helps you stab the enemy.

Rita (Boss)

Name: Rita
Class: Assassin

Who they are replacing: Cyclops boss
Portrait:
Rita

Character Description: A rather hesistant Assassin, she looks like she doesn’t want to do this. Or it’s a trick.

Inventory:
Shamshir

And because I simply must know, you made these portraits yourself yes?

1 Like

Yep, Elia’s a super old splice from Lilina and Rita’s a super old edit of Ninian!

Ready for another funny meme unit?

xane zane
(Portrait by me)

Name: Zane?
Class: Cavalier
Growths - has to equal 450%
HP: 30
Str: 40
Skl: 50
Spd: 50
Luck: 250
Def: 10
Res: 20
Growth unit or normal: growth
Who they are replacing: Kyle
Character Description: The guy from FE4 with the reused portrait. Definitely not the Archanean shapeshifter.

Holy Jesus what. Why. How. Those growths are… beautiful. The only necessary stat in FE. Truly.

I have a unit with capped-out 30 luck at base in my hack (and by “at base” I don’t mean “joins super late”, I mean a level 1 unit in chapter 2). When you have a lot of it, luck becomes pretty nice, or at least funny – which, as you can probably tell, is what I’m going for with my submissions here. Dodgetanking is fun.

Yup. Though the unfortunate thing is that he’s a cav lol. Cavs, at least for me, seem to be super unreliable.

And as of just now, I have gained brain mass, and decided to attempt the idea you had. Gonna be especially stupid, since the event is gonna take place during Ch. 15 lol. gonna get some good stuff though.

woohoo! i am glad to have expanded your brain… that was my intent all along…

Kel
Male
Swordmaster
Riev Replacement

Description: An infamously evasive boss from FE6. Alas, FE8 weapons are more accurate.

Inventory, stats differ between Ch19 and Ch20. See appropriate section below.

PRF: Physical Brand (Icon: Light Brand)
Sword, 14 MT, 90 HIT, 15 CRT, 9 WT, 1-2 range (physical; do not check “targets RES” or “magic weapon” in FEBuilder). Uses Shine animations at range. Cannot break.

Ch19
Stats: (These are the upper limits of his vanilla FE6 stats on Hard; upper limit taken as Ch19 is later relative to the number of total maps in FE8 than Ch19B is in FE6)
HP: 52
STR: 20
SKL: 28
SPD: 28
LCK: 15
DEF: 14
RES: 16
CON: 9

Inventory:
Physical Brand
Warp (Drop)

Battle quote:
“This will not be the last time I swing my sword. You’re not leaving this map early.”
Defeat quote:
“Dying here is not my fate… We will meet again.”

Notes:
The vanilla Aura should be given to one of the generic enemies and made to drop
On Hard difficulty, the space Kel stands on is replaced with a Fort (Trigger a tile change before battle preps)

Ch20
Stats: (An increase in his stats similar to that of Vanilla JP Riev)
HP: 72 (BREAK CAP)
STR: 24 (CAP)
SKL: 29 (CAP)
SPD: 30 (CAP)
LCK: 28
DEF: 18
RES: 18
CON: 9

Inventory:
Physical Brand
Hoplon Guard
Elixir
Elixir

Battle quote:
“This may be the last time I swing my sword, but I will not yield so fast!”
Defeat quote:
“Such is the fate of anyone posted on a seize point…”

Notes:
Kel is posted on the gate and does not move; the Morva replacement is placed elsewhere and capable of moving.

Sigune
Female
Falcoknight
Morva Replacement

Description: A flying boss from FE6 no longer confined to a gate.
Stats:
HP: 65 (BREAK CAP)
STR: 23 (CAP)
SKL: 25 (CAP)
SPD: 28 (CAP)
LCK: 29
DEF: 19
RES: 25
CON: 7

Inventory:
Spear
Brave Lance
Fili Shield
Elixir

Battle quote:
“So… you’ve made it through all the monsters. Congratulations. Unfortunately, the only prize is death.”
Defeat quote:
“… Dear me… I didn’t anticipate myself losing here… Not after I got off that gate and picked up a Fili Shield…”

Notes:
Sigune is capable of moving and is not posted on the seize point; the Riev replacement is immobile and posted on the seize point.
Sigune will begin moving once player units enter a 9x9 region centered on her starting position (so you can’t bait her out into using her Spear all the time). After which, she will actively seek out targets to attack (aggressive AI).

I have a designated “meme” unit in my hack. Joins with 40 LCK (stat cap is 40 for any stat; non-LCK stats subjected to class caps which may be less than 40) and has a PRF with +60 LCK on top of it. Insane evasion, but doesn’t join until the endgame, where 100 LCK grants good evasion, but is still hittable by lategame enemies.

Name Dexia
Gender Female
Class Brigand
Growths - equal 450% super Growth unit
Hp 50%
Str 80%
Skl 30%
Spd 80%
Lck 100%
Def 80%
Res 30%

Who they are replacing
Vanessa
Dancer F Corrected (MeatOfJustice)

Character Description:
A knight who disregards armor for speed

Inventory
Iron Axe
Body Ring
Vulnerary

Portrait made by MeatOfJustice

I cannot open this one in usenti, and therefore cannot scale it down, seems to be an issue with it being a jpeg? Someone more knowledgeable on doing mug editing needs to confirm that lol.