Terrible Romhack Ideas (and some not so bad ones too)

Bandit Emblem: Realism Edition

You play as a pack of bandits. All generic, except the boss, who’s name is a classic fire emblem bandit name (ex. Bazba, Batta, something like that) and go around pillaging. The twist on the concept is that the main lord is gonna come kill you if you pillage near him, so you have to actively avoid making him mad.

There was a bandit emblem made recently. I played the first few chapters and it seemed pretty good. I quit on like chapter 4/5 because of a severe difficulty spike though.

EDIT:

Someone gave the enitre cast Shinon & Gatrie syndrome…

Ooh! New idea.
Thanos Emblem.
Everything, and I do mean EVERY NUMBER is cut in half. Stats? Snapped. Growths? Snapped. Weapon Ranks? Snapped.

2 Likes

To make it funnier, since its an event that would give you the key, you don’t even have to actually put the key in the enemies inventory.

3 Likes

I was about to suggest “Rhythm Emblem” where you have to push buttons in sync with the music to attack like in Rhythm Heaven and then I realized that this was basically just Paper Mario / M&L as a T-RPG…

4 Likes

Sounds like a terrible idea. I’ll add it to the list.

1. Fire Emblem Afakening:
    Chrom’s lookalike awakens, unharmed, after his defeat, and goes on an adventure to get rich or kill trying while recruiting numerous lookalikes of various Fire Emblem characters, though some are convincing lookalikes than others. We’re talking “Fake Straw Hats” lookalikes here. Eventually there’s a big battle against a rival bandit gang and they are welcomed as heroes by the villagers for defeating said bandits.

2. Fire Emblem: The Scared Stoners:

You just take The Sacred Stones and then you make a bunch of stupid unfunny jokes and dumb edits, roleplaying as a kid who just discovered romhacking and is the kind of person who would edit Professor Oak to Professor Smoak and put the hazy/foggy weather in his lab because “dude weed lmao”. The edits start out lazy and minimal but the effort levels escalate over time until the plot goes off the rails.

1. Fairer Emblem:

RNG is removed from the outcome of battles. No misses, no crits, fixed growths, no sparkling tiles or random skill activation or random other stuff. Everything is consistent and reproducible and mathematically sound. It’s called fairer emblem specifically to annoy people who love RNG more than anything else about FE that gets measurably better when RNG is removed.

1. Death Emblem:

Program an AI to generate the hardest and most painful FE levels known to man and roll with it. …Good luck with that.

Aren’t these called something like Telephone Games? Like Gartic Phone.

2 Likes

So it’s like every character is a Samuel situation? That could be incredibly funny

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, I am so glad to know it exists.

1 Like

idea: Fire Emblem Stadium Switch Edition. Limit the game to just the arena mode, the twist? The teams are all premade and you cant change them. Pick a team, trust nobody, What happened to Dorcas? Someone put him in intentionally.

4 Likes

Idea: Fire Emblem Visual Novel. Without any actual gameplay ;3

9 Likes

Chess but you can make the pieces attack each other. That’s it. Normal game of chess otherwise.

1 Like

There’s already a romhack attempting to be a chess game xD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Hear me out: “Lord” is a 50-year-old gamer with chronic Middle Schooler Syndrome™. He claims his sword is legendary, but it just has a blade with a curved edge that’s wider towards the tip. He ropes this guy he made his “retainer” into all sorts of dumb adventures, told with the same gravitas as a normal Fire Emblem game.

8 Likes

Fire emblem, but whenever you attack someone that can counterattack, they duel until someone dies (and viceversa), like the arena. If they can’t counterattack you attack once like normal FE

9 Likes

Infinite Emblem:
Everyone has over 9000 movement.

1 Like

Fired Emblem:
A bunch of inept combatants are fired from their job, be it soldier, bandit, or priest, and team up to get revenge on their bosses.
Every player unit has 0 in every stat (sans HP and mov), and other than the Lord unit, all of the initial units have 0 growths too. A couple of lategame units might have growths to make up for all the units you’ll inevitably lose, but mostly it’s some noob characters only getting their butts saved by legendary weapons.

Pre-emptivlem:
You have one turn to beat each chapter. If the enemies ever get a turn, it’s game over.

Mobile Game Emblem:
Every time there’s a combat, a battle quote pops up telling you you can pay $9.99 to skip the battle quote. You can’t. It’s just always going to show up.

3 Likes

Swiss Emblem: The Infantry Revolution has kicked off in the setting, and the Lord’s nation is on the wrong end of the stick. You get lots of strong cavalry in your army, but Fighters, Mercenaries and Soldiers are equipped by default with Halberds, Zweihanders and Pikes, respectively, all of which are effective against cavalry.

Isekai Emblem: Your Lord is the only male unit in your army. The game’s code is rewritten from the ground up to make sure he can reach max support with everyone else. The other units range from the most painful waifu peddling imaginable to fleshed-out characters who are desperately trying to carry this stupid plot.

Harness Emblem: All units have no defense or resistance of their own. Everyone’s defensive stats come from pieces of armor and clothing you have to put in their inventory. The more protection, the higher the penalties to speed or move.

Wait… that last one might actually be cool, with a lot of work put into it.

8 Likes

OK I GUESS THIS IS WHERE ALL THE BAD PITCHES GO SO LEZ DO IT! XDD

Fire Emblem-A Villager’s Life

Main idea of this came to me from a convo with a friend of mine. We were talking about nostalgia inducing games and isekai animes. So… This weird idea of mine is literally the definition of “What if Fire Emblem’s gameplay and concepts is combined with Harvest Moon?”

And thus gave me the gameplay idea of playing a self insert villager as the main “Lord” of this game and most of the turns will define a day/night cycle as the lord is going around the village helping other villagers, creating a town through visiting different shops, and just building the best god damn village there is.

Majority of the classes will be based off different villager occupations (Miners, Farmers, Alchemists etc.) and thats what defines their class tree to slowly become part of a small army that the players will need to use at the end game.

Speaking of the end game, the end game will involve a bandit attack in which the villagers had to tolerate with before now them fighting back. And yes… combat only happens in the end game. EXP can be gained through things like mundane tasks, visiting different village establishments, and even interacting and inviting people to live in the village.

The stakes are so small and yet I feel like this idea is subjectively bad and not much people would want to play a turn based city builder game where the main goal is to make the best god damn village in a country.

I had fun making this “Bad Idea” and I hope you guys enjoyed laughing at this hahahaha.

12 Likes

“You wouldn’t know her, she’s from a different kingdom.”

This already exists. I played it.
(For those curious: [FE8US] Fire Emblem One Turn Clear)

These ideas are uncomfortably similar to a very real project of mine… I’m kinda hoping I can release it before someone outdoes me…

1 Like