Telos Talks About:

I like the idea of infinite durability siege tomes(enemy only) that way it incentives the player to actually push and not just wait out the durability.

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the feedback! (And I need to start fact-checking more lol…).

1 Like

Here we are!
Today, I, Telos, will be talking about…
What I Think About Light Magic.

3 Likes

Light magic isn’t effective against monsters in FE8, none of the tomes are (except Ivaldi, I think, but legendaries are usually effective against monsters in FE8). You’re probably thinking of bishops, who have the slayer skill, allowing them to be effective against monsters.

I usually just get rid of light magic as its own weapon type (similar to dark merging with nature magic), either merging it with staves or axing it entirely. I don’t use monsters in any of my games either, so that wouldn’t work as a purpose for it either. Light works well with staves, light’s subpar attack abilities work well as a “low-powered” defense mechanism for healers.

When resistance is a lot less varied among classes compared to defense, it’s difficult to truly diversify and balance three different magic types without one getting the short end of the might stick.

3 Likes

Right, sorry, and thanks for pointing that out!

I’ll go fix it immediately.

1 Like