So what do you think of FE: 3 Houses

oh my

1 Like

I think starting with a school setting is fine, you can do loads of cool story things out of it. What turns me off is the fanservicey waifu dating simulation that FE has been becoming since Awakening. They’ve been moving the series away from it’s tabletop-esque origins to some kind of strange ‘my harem’ anime game.

Also “Fire Emblem: Houses” is a really lame name for the third game :stuck_out_tongue:

How about “Fire Emblem: Let’s Play House Together Senpai!”

2 Likes

FIRE EMBLEM RE-EDUCATIONS
Blythe teaching the children units how to fight. (Fire Emblem Three Houses 2019) (source:reddit)

1 Like

So I’m just curious:
If too many of your teen students die “thanks to your guidance”
do you get kicked out of the school?
Or are you still getting praised as the hero with the mad strat skillz the world needs ?

1 Like

Don’t worry, no one is going to play with permadeath on (At least IGN, Kotaku, Nintendo treehouse, ect. won’t)

It’s just an archaic mechanic for random nerds on the internet and the Japanese :wink:

2 Likes

Analysis of english three houses theme:
The song is very clearly being sung by Edelgard. Not only did Cristina Vee(Edelgard’s VA) confirm it, there are lines in the song(I look to you, like a red rose). However, there are a few lines that seem to come from Sothis instead (for just this moment lost in time, I am finally me, and the end of the E3 trailer(I will return someday, my teacher, with dragon loli in the background)). So, either we have multiple dragons running around, or Edelgard is actually Sothis. The line “Yet here I hide, behind this mask that I have become.” suggests that this is the case, that Edelgard is an illusion. Edelgard has also been much more prominent than the other 2 house leaders in trailers, suggesting that she will have a major role in the main story. The lines “Gray lights pass through colored glass in this beloved place, silver shines, (the world dines?), a smile on each face” seem to be talking about the academy, which means that Sothis likely feels at ease at the academy before everything goes to shit. The line “My blackened heart, scorched by flames, a force I can’t run from” could be referring to Edelgard becoming empress of the Adrestian Empire. Perhaps the Adrestian empire is the big bad, and Edelgard doesn’t want to become its leader, while blackened heart may refer to Sothis, or stuff Edelgard has seen in the Adrestian Empire. Of course, the “sun” is probably Byleth, but since Sothis is appearing in Byleth’s dream, it gives further evidence that Edelgard is Sothis.
TL;DR: Edelgard is Sothis in disguise

5 Likes

Man, I can’t relate to any of those. What is this, a list of Fates characters?

4 Likes

Idk the plot seems to have direction (from the bits and pieces from the trailer) but with the school setting it’s like the game focuses more on training and leveling up and all that, that i can practically see players getting all busy with training and all that. I’m not a fan of it, but like, these are just my predictions and assumptions on the game, so let’s just see how it pans out.

also i swear to somwthing that i better get same sex relationships without penalties (and no more children p l e a s e)

Or maybe they just used the same VA for the song. Silque’s VA sang Heritors of Arcadia but in the JP version it was an independent artist. So I think the EN versions just reuse VAs.

Aight conspiracy theory time:
Fargus: “Ahoy, me boy Dart, I’m gonna make a country!”
Dart: “What’ll it be called?”
Fargus: “Hm…”
And so the kingdom of Faerghus came to be.

The song is likely Edelgard, though. https://mobile.twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/1006571917631819776
And since I don’t believe there were any other tweets confirming VA appearance after the E3 trailer, it is probably Edelgard both singing and narrating in that trailer.

Greasy Noodle Boy

You are human. Your favorite FE character of all time is Clive.

All I’m saying is, is that it’s just as much as Edelgard’s singing as Silque’s. You’d need to see if the Japanese VA and the singer are the same too to confirm it.

ehm… what the hell is a War Monk???
Also, I prefer playing w/o the weapon triangle,
and how about “Won’t play any FE game after Awakening” (except the garden remake… cause gaiden in English)

Welp, this chart confirmed it, it doesn’t look like I’m playing three houses bois!

True, but in this case, I think it is Edelgard. There’s the VA stuff, and also the line “I look to you, like a red rose/Seeking the sun no matter where it goes”. The red rose probably refers to edelgard, due to the color-red is edelgard’s primary color, and the Adrestian Empire is also colored red on the map.

The War Monk (バトルモンク Batoru monku , lit. Battle Monk in the Japanese version) is a class that is introduced in Fire Emblem Awakening . A class that is both physical and magical, the War Monk class takes on both combat and support roles. It is one of the promoted forms of the Priest class, employing Axes and Staves as its equipment of choice. The War Monk class is the male equivalent of the War Cleric class.

3 Likes

ew wikia