Shin's Stuff - Mostly Emblem-Anims

For sure.

~3 months later. Probably about time for an update. To make up a number probably v.9. We’re gettin’ there boys.

Weapons Galore

Classes and More!

The site now populates with a slightly customized version of klok’s repo (some name changes and limited to animations) along with all the animations I’ve been able to find that weren’t a part of it or have been published since the last repo update.

There’s currently a hard limit of 3600 class searches an hour, after which point the site won’t function for the rest of the hour. But I’m guessing that shouldn’t be a problem for now.

If you just want to download the whole modified repo (-spells currently) click here.
I’ve also added a small repo for works that were deemed unfit for the live page. Access that here.

I’ve considered creating a patreon to cover website costs so that the site can run on a paid server/have a unique domain. Exceeding those costs would also provide incentive for me to update the site and continue adding features. If you’d consider being a patron for a server or updates, please respond to let me know so I can determine if setting it up is worth the effort. Otherwise, it’ll stay on the lite server for now.

Any other feedback, you know what to do.

Edit: In my tiredness I forgot to link to the live site again. Thar she blows~ https://emblem-anims.herokuapp.com/

5 Likes

C-C-C-Combo Time. In a more FE hacking related vein, I’ve zipped up all the maps I made for my probably never to be complete FE6-7 Combo hack. A decent number of these changes were made prior to the release of the PLIST splitter for FEB and were done to reduce the amount of tilesets needed. Others are more custom. All free to use and modify of course.

FE7 Modifications

Ch1 Remade in an FE8 tileset

Ch3 Same, added water to replace impassable terrain

Ch29x A R E N A B O I S

FE6 Remakes

Ch3 Generic Tileset

Ch 5 Generic Tileset w/ gate gone

Ch 6 More Carpet

Ch7 Compatible with FE8 Tileset

Ch 8 Added a jail route to Ostia

Ch9-10A Combo

Ch11A more generic Tileset

Ch12’s on Fire! Darn Dragons.

Ch13 Compatible with FE8 Tileset

Ch 14 treasure outlines and less slow desert

18-19A Combo

20B Diff Tileset

Final + Tower combo / Final

Final + Tower Combo revealed.

Download here.

Edit: Preview led me astray. Reformatted, but descriptions of chapters are all below the images and I’m too lazy to edit agian. Thanks ya’ll.

2 Likes

Preface: don’t ask me why I did this. I can only plead insanity. I do have good rips of the animations for the repo now, at least.

I cleaned up FE7if and partially translated the most important menu stuff. Animations are set to the correct base palette now and the weapon icons table has been properly expanded. All character names and weapons have been translated to english. All FEBuilder-noted errors were removed why god why. There should be plenty of free space now if anyone wants to pursue a full translation, implement any other fixes, balance it, etc.

Apply this UPS to a FE7(J) ROM. Don’t ask for help finding it in this thread, please.

Download here.

4 Likes

Fairly large update today. Along with the standard additions of all new animations, I’ve added search functionality to Emblem Anims!

Now you can search by name (the description) or author to find animations without needing their class. Your favorite author’s stuff is much easier to find now. Names don’t have to be full and aren’t case sensitive, either. Pik will grab Pikmin, Yeti will grab…

etc.

Lastly, I’ve been working on the repo quite a bit lately. Credit for most map sprites and class cards has been added, and I have google drive set to autobackup and populate from my folders, so these will always be up to date within seconds of corrections and updates. I’ve added a few things like free to use maps and added a “Tools” section so that newbies can get a faster start with hacking (FEBuilder and EA are emphasized) and no more 404’s. This link is the same as the download all button from my site, so I may as well throw it here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jiiTpNXgAlr4lZBh8d-nJFdO-Jus5VXV

Finally, (and as always) special thanks to Klok and the rest of the repo discord server. Ya’ll are helpful af.

7 Likes

no need to grab me, just talk

2 Likes

so i just tried to DL an animation and it didn’t let me and when i refreshed the page this came up instead of the repo
error

1 Like

It’s back now for me.

EDIT: …Aaaaand it’s gone again.

After reviewing the logs, I think we may be hitting the bandwidth cap for that hour lol. It resets every hour though. I just crossposted to Serenes a day or two ago (and the search feature was just added) so traffic may have risen. Hopefully just temporarily. let’s just pray reddit doesn’t get their hands on it.

I may have to look into paid hosting.

Edit: Nevermind. I looked into it more and I borked the download button. Though it’s not borked on the non-live version. Troubleshooting time.

Edit 2: Okay, so I didn’t bork it. Something funky’s going on in node or my zip tool. I reverted everything to a time when it was working and the download function still isn’t working. The app won’t crash anymore from attempted downloads, but I can’t figure it out tonight. For the time being, I’d recommend downloading from drive and using the app to decide preferences. I’ll put in some more work and ideally have a new download codebase up before the start of next week. Sorry folks.

4 Likes

Huzzah! The problem was Heroku and not me but actually. Downloads are back up and there’s still time for me to enjoy my weekend. For anyone into technical details, Heroku changed the way their file pathing works and it didn’t like my download folder, so I had to implement process.cwd() and move the downloads out of their prior folder. And it only took me about 15 attempts to figure out -_-

Happy hacking.

3 Likes

Update: I’ve included a new search functionality in the nav bar.

Search

https://imgur.com/XdYZhCI

Imgur

Space-separated words will now search any field. I’ve converted the old search into a “detailed search” method that I’ll be hiding behind a toggle or something before too long. I also added class to it, because why not?

Imgur

Finally, I did two things to the anims: I moved some elements around to display the loading screen sooner, and I resized the elements, especially for mobile. Now things should be easier to click/touch when on small view (and a little bit easier on large, too!)

Small View

https://imgur.com/Va1c7qK

All the anims of last week will likely be added later tonight.

7 Likes

Suggestion: Maybe a changelog?

Think it’s a little hard to find new animations when they’re just dumped into the pile without documentation.

1 Like

I dig it and agree!

Site’s updated and I should have more time coming up. Let the feature creep resume.

As a site note, after a conversation with Arch, I’ve decided to style it more similar to how FEU is styled. This way the transition can be more smooth. Let the style creep begin.

1 Like

Just putting the site-specific portion of my post in the repo thread over here:

Introducing…

Skills! This is an option under magic (because there’s no better category in the navbar currently). Like everything else, they animate on click and we’ve amassed all the f2u options around (shoutout to @Mikey_Seregon for his recent contribution that spurred this addition). These are also available in the drive under Animations/8. Skills.

Progress on the next major site update is ongoing~

8 Likes

Nothing too huge, but I decided to tackle the issue of not knowing what’s new since a few people have asked over the months.

The home content header now has a little button on the right that pulls up all Anims uploaded in the last week. More specific time-based searching will be incorporated into the detailed search at some point, but hopefully this helps some people for now!

Here’s an example of some of what it pulls for this week!

5 Likes

whew

Happy father’s day. All spells now are re-exported from their original dls with the new CSA engine. The end result is much larger spell boxes that should make viewing spells easier and more useful. There’s some garbage data below the rendered space for some feditor anims, but it doesn’t change their in-game performance.

Happy hacking.

3 Likes

Anyone to contact about putting new animations up on this site? It seems Shin19 hasn’t been around in several months.

He updated it not even 15 days ago.

Hello i just Want to make Sure is all the stuff on the Site the F2U stuff? even tho it prob is , better save then sorry. prob a stupid question that was answered and i just missed it. And i hope whoever reads this you had a great day.

The site is outdated. Don’t use it.

Use the new Repo…

As for whether or not things are F2U, look here.

https://feuniverse.us/t/regarding-graphics-assets/11550/5

1 Like