.serif's lair of spritery and miscellaneous self deprecation

Hey, everyone. Since I’m taking up spriting more seriously I think I should make a thread about it.
These are not free to use or edit for ANY reason unless otherwise stated; ask me first beforehand if you want to use them. If it’s a mug for a different project, speak with the project lead, not me.

Already F2U Mugs:
Mugging Blitz (Free To Use)

All of the mugs here are free to use under Mugging Blitz rules.
Some sprites have an updated version by someone else that isn’t mine, but since they’re also free to use and better than my version I implore you to use that one instead.

giffany Giffany - Gravity Falls
My first foray into mugging. Unsurprisingly it’s terrible, not sure what you’d expect porting directly from a TV show’s sprites. I have her on my “will probably revisit later” list.
Scraiza_arla Arla V1 - Resonance
Credits to Scraiza for fixing up a lot of problems with this mug and making it look way better than my older drafts. (which I don’t have atm)
I’m obligated to post a newer version by DerTheVaporeon that was added to Mugging Blitz 3 for Resonance.
image Beta Neimi with Frames
Still better than Tethys.
villager1 (2) Kate V1 - Resonance
Pretty average splice. Credits to AmBrosiac for the minimug and smiling frames.
Kate_More_Peg
This is Blueyguy’s revision of the sprite, which I still feel obligated to put here because it’s way better than mine and was also in Mugging Blitz 1.
image Relia - ???
Made for a friend IRL. Unfortunately this mug sucks and I realized how much I preferred FE8’s style with colors. It’s in Mugging Blitz though, so go nuts.
imageamelia (1)garcia (1)image More beta sprites with frames
I made variants for Eirika and Lute with their final colors on the Mugging Blitz 2 page.
image will (5) image Some FE8 shading because I could
Not sure why I did, but whatever, I guess. Again, shoutouts to AmBrosiac for the mini on the FE7 villager, and Eldritch Abomination for the colors.
image MOEBLOB MOMENT
Can’t remember who I made it for (I think it was LunarisParadox) but it works ingame, so do what you need with it.
Furi Furia - Resonance
The only old sprite I’m actually proud of making. I mean, It’s not good, but easily my best in my old splicing era. Credit to Blueyguy and DerTheVaporeon for helping a ton with it.
brent_1 Brent - Resonance
The first splice I was able to do by myself. It shows, because it’s another bad Innes splice.
image Hawke - A project I am not proud to talk about
He’s just a worse valter lol. Credit to Blade for helping me out on this.
image Marina_Falco Marina - Resonance/Project I don’t want to bring up
Bad splice. Credit to FEier for the mini. The one on this page fixes a trim problem I didn’t catch until Resonance’s hotfix.
image I didn’t even know I made this
but of course I did. Shoutouts to Eldritch Abomination.
image Draco Centauros - Puyo Puyo
Direct sprite rip, unsurprisingly it looks bad in gbafe

Newer Mugs
Other

Maylene
imageimage
My first sprite that doesn’t suck! BuskHusker, Imperial, and Jeorge Reds helped a ton with it, though.
Parasoul - Skullgirls
WIP
PWiggles
WIP
Laylea - Genealogy of the Holy War
WIP

Edits for Projects

Do not contact me about asking to use anything here, speak with the project lead for their respective projects.
If the sprite has been updated I will remove it from here.

WIP

19 Likes

No need for self-deprecation, you’re doing good work. Keep it up - looking forward to seeing more!

5 Likes

Spoilerception

2 Likes

nice to see that you started up your own spritan thread :+1:
Best wishes for the future~

2 Likes

be confident or i’ll kick you out the cool kids club

5 Likes

epic! :hugs:
keep up the grate work

1 Like

Welcome to the spritan-with-your-own-thread gang

1 Like

Working on Parasoul was literally Hell and I combined with IRL drama (can’t say why) leaves me with very limited time now to use the internet so I’m taking a break from it AND discord as a whole. I may drop by some other servers for advice but for now I have this WIP here.

I willprobably use her for Skliros Saga later down the line. I haven’t the faintest clue who I want to replace with her, though

4 Likes