This is technically an SRPG Studio game and not a hack, but I’m not sure what else to categorize this as.
Anyway, for some time I had this Written Works project on Serenes Forest called Fire Emblem: Ascension where I was presenting an original story of mine as a hypothetical fangame, including the mechanics I wanted to appear in it since I found learning how to hack intimidating.
And then SRPG Studio came out in English, and everything changed. I was amazed at the sheer potential it had as an easy-to-learn fangame making tool and knew at that very moment it was what I was looking for all this time.
So here’s some of what you can expect to see:
Single RNG (this is what SRPG Studio’s engine uses), so expect to see a lot of low-percentage critical hits
The Weapon Triangle (Swords, Lances, Axes) and Trinity of Magic (Light, Anima, Dark), which grant Hit and Avoid +15 with triangle advantage
Bows (all of which are 2-3-Range) and Fates-style Daggers, which are triangle-independent
Bonus EXP (like in Radiant Dawn, except you get exactly 4 stat increases per Level Up instead of 3)
Supports (C-S Rank), but no Child Units, so don’t worry about pairing everyone off
Class-based Rescue system
AS = Spd - Wt (you need 5 more AS than your opponent for follow-up attacks)
Spreadsheets (all subject to change):
So for now, have some screenshots:
Serenes Forest thread
Refer to the Serenes Forest thread for the changelog.
- (9/26/2018): The project name has been changed to make it less likely to be DMCA’d.
- (10/15/2018): Spreadsheets of game info now available.
- (10/24/2018): Link to project’s Serenes Forest thread added.
- (10/30/2018): v1.0 publicly released.
- (11/1/2018): v1.0.1 publicly released.
- (11/3/2018): v1.0.2 publicly released.
- (12/22/2018): v1.1 publicly released.
- (1/20/2019): v2.0 publicly released, link to project’s Discord server added.