Ruby's music and sprites

gengar is clefable

3 Likes

Sorry, I dont have any. I have an audino instead if want.

No.

3 Likes

Shining Force Dark Resurrection - Held in Hand | Hiraeth edition.

3 Likes

shinging fores

2 Likes

People love this game’s ost for some reason…

Yggdra Union - Other Hostile Forces ~ General Class | Hiraeth Edition

2 Likes

“Hiraeth Edition” will be the new “New Funky Mode” of music

Nah…
Hiraeth 2 edition will.

Not completely happy with this one.
Final Fantasy 4 - Boss Battle theme | Hiraeth Edition

The instrument that starts playing at 0:17 needs to be stronger, perhaps? It feels more pronounced in the original IMO.

That’s the odd thing, that instrument sometimes sounds louder than it should and other times quieter.
I should put more VOL commands to balance it out but it would be kinda hard with this song.
Might try anyway, but not right now.

I don’t know how you made the song, but there is a GBA version of it if you’re able to rip and modify that one instead? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTR4FtqSibw

It doesn’t seem to have the issue with that instrument being weak (for lack of a better word) at that point in the song.

I’m quite aware of the gba version (in fact, the first time I played FF4 was in the gba). I just wanted to use the original snes version since I already used the FF4 battle theme in it’s snes version. And like I said, I know how to fix it, I just don’t wanna work on that song. Also the gba version has that issue along others, such as having a very weak crash cymbal.

EDIT: maybe changing the brass section back to the hoennpets and adjusting the panning would fix the issue.

I guess it’s fixed now.
Final Fantasy 4 - Boss Battle theme | Hiraeth Edition fixed
Still sounds horrible at some spots but it’s too fucking late to continue working on it. And I’m also kinda sick of the song too, it was more painful to work with than what it should.

1 Like

It definitely sounds better. It does have that Pokemon trumpet feel to it, which I did enjoy!

1 Like

I’m glad you like it.
It has a pokemon trumpet feel because it literally uses the pokemon trumpet lol.

1 Like

Well, I updated the icon sheet again.
I made a lot of skill icons, even the sword skills from FE4.
I also made a lot of new icons for hiraeth too. Almost all the regalia weapons are done. Now I just have to make the hardest of them all…
I also updated some stuff here and there.
By the way @feels and @BuskHusker helped me with two of the hiraeth icons. Thanks to both of you.

20 Likes

Hello, it’s me again.
I wanted to share some videos of a soundfont I was making, but had to stop working on due to me quitting from the project it was meant for.

Final Fantasy IV - Boss Battle | beta soundfont

This is how the soundfont was going to sound at first until I started to think it sounds like absolute shit and decided to take a different direction (also if you’re wondering why the video is called the second start is because I made other recording of the soundfont first that sounded even worse).

Chrono Trigger - Batte 2 and Castlevania AoS - Heart of Fire

The only remarkable thing in this video is the guitar. Also the castlevania song was unpolished as hell, but since I didn’t have nothing but the guitar and the drumset (kind of) I couldn’t do much.

Mother 3 - A Tiny, Enormous Miracle

God I love the soundtrack of Mother 3.

This is what made me decide how the soundfont should be.
Oh, and up to this point, all recordings have been made in the wrong sound engine settings, so all of them sound worse than how they should.

Final Fantasy V - The Battle

And this is the closest I got to finish the soundfont. Everything, except for the trumpets which are still from Mother 3 (which I was going to use anyway), was going to make its way into the final version.

And that’s all. Like I said before, I won’t work on this soundfont anymore. Or at the very least, not for now. Unless I see people are REALLY interested in it.
Anyway, hope you all enjoyed it.

13 Likes

That Mother 3 song sounds better than the original if you ask me. The Mother 3 soundfont can be be a bit screechy at times. Great work!

1 Like

The final fantasy music are absolutely epic, was also wondering if they would be free2use or not thanks in advance.

@Memestaralbert They are, but I didn’t upload them yet. It will take some time.

@Blademaster You’re wrong.Click here and you’ll see why.

1 Like