Rohan's Debuttle on Armor Knights

Good STR, CON and their HP and DEF are their best stats…
Why can’t you look at their good parts!
Instead you keep on looking at their SPD and MOV!
BA-BA-BAKA!

(Ooops looks like they came with their pitchforks and torches to kill me welp)

2 Likes

Nah, I agree.

Guys c’mon. All you have to do is use your boots on them and give them the ArmorMarch skill. Then they’re great!

P.S.: Leave my boy Gilliam alone!

I always use boots on Barth, like, every single FE6 run.
When I told this to a friend he just stared at me like I had killed his family or something lol

Because MOV is one of the most important stats in the game, and if you like to play the game quickly or at a high level (low turn count runs, speedruns) or just plain beat levels in a reasonable amount of time, having a unit which moves 4 squares on clear terrain and 2 squares on unclear terrain is a big poopy.

Hope this answers your question.

Sadly If you use boots on anyone else they get the bonus as well and don’t have to deal with poor terrain statistics. (A good infantry unit with 7 move is much better than an armor knight with 6 move and weakness to rain, forests, hills, armorslayers, and magic)

My apologies for the doublepost.

Don’t know if this is a bad shitpost or a bad argument.

;(
Not cool…

Things about armor knights

High CON it’s bad for them.
They have shit SPD, they will be doubled anyway usually, they have low MOV so they will not be able to rescue anyone usually.
Having high CON makes them only harder to rescue, being able to rescue and drop them with most of the mounted units would compensate a little for the low MOV.

Btw Oswin is not bad if you like to play safe.
The problem is that in FE6 the only valid armor knight is Barthe, but FE6 has big maps, no defend chapters, turn limits for gaiden chapters so he is kinda useless if you are not playing an Ironman run, in that case you will probably early promote him and make him tank things until he gets critted and dies.
Gilliam is the only armor knight avaible in FE8 and high DEF is useless since enemies are weak.

3Houses is objectively the best FE game in the series because the supposed armor knights are very good.

I disagree with that, and say that FEfates has the best armor knights in the series. With Effie having high Str and Spd, maps that make you take it slow and tank units. Wary Fighter. Etc etc

3H after the first like two chapters, the maps are all really open and large. You want high mobility units and there is little to no choke points. Especially in a game that’s super player phase with gambits, bows, and other things, knights just don’t cut it

Yeah I agree. Sorry, initial post was facetious. Boots are the best stat booster in the game imo. Having to use it to have a unit be able to simply keep up isn’t the best use I feel, but there are many valid ways to play fire emblem, and ultimately you can generally beat the game with any sort of unit/class composition.

1 Like

Shouldn’t have done this…

What makes armor knights weak is their (too) many weaknesses.

1. Armorslaying weapons.
  2. They are not at least resistant to magic.
  3. Characters generally can do enough damage to defeat generals.
  4. Thay have low move and Spd.

They essentially aren’t the “walking tanks” you’d expect them to be.

Those are the things that makes them weak IMO and all FEs leave those weaknesses so they just haven’t been very good in the series.

FEFates’s armorslaying weapons can be forged and very easily kill armored units, and Three Houses has some of the the most readily available and greatly varied powerful magic in the series. (Sure in FEFates their was an unused skil called “Armor Shield” that prevented armor damage but that’s still a waste of a slot, and their move would still be lower than non-armor units.)

One way to fix the problem is to:

1. Lower the effective damage of armorslaying weapons or remove them.
  2. Make armorslaying weapons harder to find and break easier than most weapons.
  3. Give generals a boost in resistance.
2 Likes

Effie has one problem, Wary Fighter. Wary Fighter is a good skill, if you have low SPD. Other wise Wary Fighter cripples you by making you unable to double anyone

What I did to attempt to fix armors was bump their movement to 5, but keep their slow speed in battle. No reason for them to be double knocked down.

And bumped their Str+Skl to match their defenses. So they hit hard and quite accurate once.

Finally they can traverse all land with 1 movement cost. So forests, forts, mountains, (not peaks). All one cost. Ideally it’s because they already move slow in armor, why do they move slower going through the forest when they already take their time with the low spd?

As some people who played my hack noticed, I also give some armors a iron longbow and iron longbow = iron blade in terms of stats. So a 12mt 75/80hit weapon from 3 spaces away on a 5mv unit that’s unhindered by terrain not to mention their Str/Skl/Def are all very similar. So they are gonna hurt.

1 Like

bro a paladin literally does everything an armor knight does but better

Well here’s a question.
From my experience the best weapons on armors was the ones with bows and the ones with axes.
Why?

because armor knights have high strength. axes have high damage. they also have high con so they don’t get weighed down by speed/hit/avoid loss. most of the time anyway.

1 Like

How about bows?