REDFE - Yes, Roy is in this game

Not quite a strong enough red, but if I feel that the lack of bow users is actually enough of a problem, I can throw him in. I mean, I was already considering Macellan and he has no hair.

Progress is going well enough. Iā€™ve been busy but I think Iā€™ll be sending something in to FEE3.

Been doing some work with map palettes. The first was me experimenting with colors, the 2nd is what I think Iā€™ve settled on for now.

Iā€™ve also been cleaning it up, doing some bug fixingā€¦

These have been fixed but yeah, still plenty of things to clean up before I show progress off at FEE3.

2 Likes

Finally got around to fixing the Radd https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/146435968746913792/351479637559214081/image.png

Looks great

This does not need fixing tho. I mean, he IS Scary.

Lukas is now in the cast too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it really RedFE without the ginger stud himself?

1 Like

Nothing is ever complete without a stud IMO

Yep, weā€™re still alive. Progress has been going pretty well, Iā€™ve even sent in a copy of REDFE to FEE3.

Weā€™ve had some small issues here and there but those can be dealt with. Weā€™re even getting to the point of the game where people can start promoting!

Iā€™m feeling like the first public demo will be released fairly soon, probably before the end of the year. At that time, Iā€™ll make an announcement but for now, hereā€™s one last image.

3 Likes

Lukasā€™ combat sprite is blue?
0/10 absolutely unplayable.

Looks good, looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Battle palettes are one of those things Iā€™ve put off forever, itā€™s one of those things to do before the release.

Hi, Iā€™m back. REDFE received more praise than expected at FEE3, but weā€™ve been working on the project to address the feedback given. Weā€™ve got new maps, some older maps that didnā€™t get replaced have had changes. Of what was seen in the presentation, C1, C4 and C5 have all be modified.

Aside from that, thereā€™s been more work done on the project, including the finished palettes! Bluey is the one to thank for these, cheers man. (Also, yes, weā€™re using the Salvaged Cavaliers.)

Weā€™re still looking towards that release this year, we have some cleaning up to do but progress is looking decent.

One last thing; We added a new character to the early game REDFE cast. See if you can guess who they are.

A new character? Dude, thatā€™s totally Raddical.

1 Like

Since when are new characters possible? Does this mean I can stop using (B Emoji)irika and (B Emoji)phraim?

ā€¦Since like 2008

Reskin hacks have been around since the dawn of time. Cavemen were making FE7 reskins several million years ago.

4 Likes

I see what you did there.

We finally have a public demo. Itā€™s still a WIP in progress, but thereā€™s enough here to play and thus, enough to release.

We also have a discord server for REDFE, the linkā€™s in the OP of this thread.

E - v1.0 replaced with v1.1. Nothing really new, just some small fixes and a bit of balance. 31 downloads from here for v1.0 before it got deleted.

1 Like

Whoop! Looking forward to the complete work!

Midori is very entertaining to me, this makes it even more dope.

Hey there, Iā€™m excited for your project! I shared the Midori and Girls hack years and years ago and I recently saw someone translated them to english. I been playing Midori with the translation and saw you were working on a Red project.

I made maps for hacks in the past and if you want some help, Iā€™d love to make some for this project, especially if it means helping out. Thereā€™s some old pics here

Iā€™ve done maps for other games and mods too. Lemme know if youā€™re interested. Keep up the awesome work!

5 Likes