Questions about hacking FE8 (Using FEBuilder)

What parches I should install?
But this will do the 3 lords can they seize the gates and thrones?

Yes, you can make any character be able to seize with that patch.
imagen

1 Like

One more answer that was of help.

I have a new question, Exist a patch that affords the use of distinct text bubble type?

How do I get the player to make mandatory moves? I tried to see how it does Vanilla but I don’t understand, can they help me please?

I have a new problem, how I can give a item to unit and not appearce the bubble the “you get item x”?

There is a patch for it: Add Event: SilentGiveItem. Install the patch, and that should unlock a command that allows you to give items without being notified.

2 Likes

Hey thanks that will be of very much help

I am not certain, but most UI stuff is generally TSA which really just means annoying to edit.

Luckily Snek came out with a tool to make it easier recently.

And Pikmin has this tutorial on the general process, though he did it for custom battle frames, not custom text boxes.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Tequila’s Text Engine Rework comes with a new text bubble type, I imagine it’d be a good framework to use for further ones.

2 Likes

for the third question, this is the answer more similar, but I have a question about it and is how I could insert it using FEBuilder?

Use the EA installer under advanced editors.

I tried do it with another ASM, but I not understand how do it correctly.

Some asm can be easily inserted via febuilder & some cannot. It’s based on if it is dependent on other non-vanilla code or not. For example, I wrote a patch called “PreBattleTable” months ago that nobody can use because it requires an update to the SkillSystems patch that hasn’t happened yet. You can use it in a buildfile, but not febuilder unless you run a custom build of skillsys.

If the hack you are installing is easily compatible, then it can be made into a patch or installed by simply opening the Installer.event with febuilder.

Please share additional details on any error messages you get if you are having trouble.

Well I tried install it and I believe I could do, but when I try use is confuse the according to create maybe I have to use @ instead of [] (in FEBuilder) but if I try write some one how is:
@80@2A@3 FEB take it how [0x0080][0x002A][A] and not put the box text with the box type text what I wish, the creator is not very clarificent

now another question, how I could check the turns later of ocurred somthing? I have done the “always check” (or something so) and the flag that active this. But I don’t know how to do the event.

And one more question, Anybody knows how to set a conversation event for any character talk with a specific?
Example:
Any->“Lyn” (Something like this.)

Put in “0” for “any”

Ok, I’m going to try this.

Hey people, exist any way of doing the world map nodes smaller and works?