Problem with Villages

Hey! I’ve just run into a pretty weird situation.
I inserted a new map and wanted to set a village, like I usually do. While testing, whenever I try to visit the village, it gets destroyed right after getting the item. I’ve compared the settings with two other chapters where I have set villages before and to my knowledge it should work just fine?

I’ve created some screenshots for better understanding.

tile changes

Village gates

Village ruins

map objects

Home

Village center

Has anyoneelse ever ran into this?
I’d be very happy if someone could help me with this issue, thank you!

Hello! :smiley:
I think that your problem lies with the tile changes. Does the village event execute a tile change based on the coordinates of the tile change? If so, you might want to let it change based on tile change id.

1 Like

Putting the destroyed village tile change before the closed gate should fix it.

4 Likes

I’m confused it was something this simple. Putting the ruins first does fix my issue. I wish I tried that before creating this topic. I didn’t even knew that the order of these two events play any role in their activation honestly. Looks like I was lucky I never ran into this before… :sweat_smile:

Thank you for help, guys!

1 Like

I don’t know if you’ve seen MarkyJoe’s video, but for future reference you should start tile changes on the leftmost tile column (and go from top to bottom), and then go to the next column (to the right), like this:

1 Like

I don’t think that’s true. I always do mine row by row top to bottom then left to right within a row.
If that works, then fine, but I’ve always heard this way is correct.