Prepromoted Lord?

Roy isn’t useless. He serves to act like the king in chess. He’s actually perfectly designed.

Roy isn’t useless but he is really bad, on top having a very late promotion.
Don’t think looking at him as the King in Chess makes him any better, but rather a forced liability.

you see chess is designed so that you know the entire board, and you don’t have to guess whether or five queens or five knights will pop out right behind you and merc your king, the king in chess works because chess is a perfect game, fire emblem is not, information is withheld from you even if you know all of the reinforcements and all of the enemies inventories you still have rng to take into account.

That one pierced the skies so we don’t want that again

Welp if you think about it Ike is a prepromoted lord in RD

that makes felicia and jakob… jagens? they set up kills and become absolutely useless late game (unless you reclass felicia to a magic class but that’s still not the greatest)

Fates is weird with Jagens. I think most people consider Jacob and Felicia to be Jagens or Oifeys, Gunter seems like an archetypal Jagen but his availability is wild, and Camilla is kind of an Oifey except she remains dominant for pretty much all of Conquest.

I don’t have much experience with Jacob, and haven’t really played Fates in a while, but I’ve always felt Felicia remains useful, if a little lackluster, even up to the end of Conquest. If nothing else, her personal pair up bonuses, maid class pair up bonuses, availability, and personal skill make her an amazing pair-up bot for a magically inclined Corrin (which Nohr Noble pushes you towards anyways). In combat, although it’s a bit of a cliche, she puts in good work with the flame shuriken. Even if her Mag isn’t actually amazing, a 9 MT magic weapon with unrestricted 1-2 range in Fates will never be terrible, especially given Conquest’s lack of quality magic users. Also, although you’ll probably have to invest in order to reach S-Rank in staves, she’s also pretty much the only realistic user of Bïfrost.

To keep this from veering too far off topic, Fates has a lot of units that provide interesting twists on the Jagen/Oifey archetype. It’s a good case study if you’re looking for unique ways to design a Jagen.

1 Like

just as a sidenote Jakob and Felicia are so interchangeable that Jakob is the early game butler/maid instead of felicia if you choose the female option and felicia comes later on

Not really. Jakob actually has a str stat and can be easily reclassed into paladin as a great combat unit.
Felicia meanwhile is stuck with the flame shuriken if she wants to deal any damage or a strategist reclass.

1 Like

Jakob is the physical attacking butler and felicia is the magical maid, they are opposites of each other and each have personal skills that give bonuses when paired up to the avatar, when the other returns they are essentially lesser versions of any other unit, felicia to nyx, elise, sakura, and orochi and Jakob to Silas, Sophie, Xander, and Peri.

I’m actually trying to make my main lord in a project a pre-promote. I think the way I want to do this is making his stats slightly weaker than a traditional Jagen/Oifey but give him good growths (not Nino level but better than Seth). Towards middle/late game, instead of promoting I’ll give him a prf weapon or item that gives stat bonuses, similar to the sword of seals in FE6.

ew original translation

Just don’t go overboard like genealogy and give and something like 25 res or 20 speed on their Prf weapon :3

Why not let them have good enough growths (or bases) that while they won’t outstrip the other characters, they’ll still keep up through endgame? Sort of like Seth, except not as OP the whole way through.

neither sigurd nor siegfried actually fall off until they die in the story

prepromotes have a better chance at staying relevant later on than like, bad lords like roy

You could say they fall off because of poor availability

1 Like