Possible Elibe Sequel?

That’s true also. I like prequels when it makes sense and adds to the previous story. FE7 was my first Fire Emblem, and felt more like a generic RPG than a grand political narrative that most Fire Emblem stories tell.

An interesting antagonist could be Bernese extremists who think that Bern was humiliated after FE6 and want to restore it’s “former glory”. This way you could explore what happened to Bern after FE6, kinda like FE9 vs FE10, for more gray morality, especially through interactions with villagers.

These Bern extremists sound Nazi-ish in nature, so that means this new war would basically be WW2. I’d always be down for murdering a Hitler look alike in FE, and with thrones you could just let him keep recovering and lose his durability so that the fun will never end.

3 Likes

Isn’t Ashnard basically a Hitler stand-in? I mean, he’s an extremist social darwinist who effectively wants a human-only world, is super racist, and approves human (well, laguz) experimentation.

All the other parallels to WW2 in FE9 just seem to drive this point in further.

I mean technically, Zephiel is closer to Hitler because he is promoting and figure heading a bloody campaign for a race that he isn’t, while murdering groups of people more closely related to him.

This is true, though the same argument could be used for Ashnard to a lesser extent–he makes it clear in some of his battle dialogue (in particular, his battle convo with Ike–“Then strike me down, if you possess the power to do so.”) that he doesn’t actually care whether he’s defeated, let alone whether or not he’s on top in the end, so long as the strongest being is in power. Essentially, he wants his vision of the “natural order” to become reality, regardless of whether he benefits from it or even sees it come to fruition.

…It almost sounds noble, until you remember he’s basically a Nazi. (And not even in the funny Stroheim way.)